Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 22, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #7,126 of 18,137
I think this too. Just love the Bass on the DM.

I honestly think it is a better bass cannon than the Bass Cannon even though the BC has more bass it's not quite as tasty as the DM bass which is perfect for me.
I have mine on black/ blue and it is bass heavy for sure but never too much due to it's speed & quality. Its not just a bass cannon tho

I went there for the first time in 1994 & used to go on Fridays so maybe we have been there at the same time. I never found another club quite like it in London. I went years later to their Tottenham venue and it had Superhans party vibes. I saw the heart of darkness.

The DM satisfies my craving for the sound I remember from my early club experiences & have been chasing longer than I've known. But it's not a 1 trick pony inspired by @AlexCBSN I put on White Pony the other day as I hadn't heard it for ages and it sounded superb. The DM has bought me back to a lot of rock & metal that has never sounded better to me.

Ill never retire fully from head fi & chasing end game* but I'm happy to rest at this plateau with this setup for a good long time & consider myself semi retired.:gs1000smile::k701smile::ksc75smile:

* I have the Elan+ & Seraph+ ordered but am seriously wondering if I need them.

427234.jpg

I should imagine we have passed each other on numerous occasions i was there EVERY Friday sometimes Saturday and every monthly Bagleys Film Studio warehouse! Bunter called us "the buzz crew" regulars, I spent just as much time sitting in the 'stairs to knowwhere chill out" up at the back of the stage with our favorite bird "love dove"😍 Labyrinth actually shaped my whole life, I meet the mother of my 2 sons on those stairs and my wife, she was 16 I was. 18 and we've been together ever since with a 25 year old daughter, so when I say it shaped my life I REALLY mean it 😀
Back OT lol. After much fighting IV given in and getting a DM! I'm the biggest bass maniac and they will go beautifully along side my phenomenal Sony xba-N3 which I was thinking of selling until they properly burned in!
I'm just waiting for my Ace I may or may not keep? Someone above said the Ace had the "worse CNT driver"! It might not be as good as DM but if it anything like SOG or Ozar it will be fantastic and they will be a keeper for sure especially with the added Planar & Sonion Bone conduction!

Jun 22, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #7,129 of 18,137
This is what Ace is currently whispering in my ears now:
"I am ACE; Don't rACE; Just slow in shipping pACE; Accept this with grACE"
:ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:
HAHA Funny man😅 if I don't laugh I'll cry🤑

Jun 22, 2022 at 11:51 PM Post #7,132 of 18,137
Got the DM in my ear today. Red lower Blue upper, Moondrop Spring L tips, XINHS graphene cable....hmm, the sound will need burn in to evolve properly I think, right now it's too bassy and treble is too muted, just as I found Elan. However, it changed with burn in, so let's hope this will too.

Jun 23, 2022 at 1:55 AM Post #7,133 of 18,137
I think this too. Just love the Bass on the DM.

I honestly think it is a better bass cannon than the Bass Cannon even though the BC has more bass it's not quite as tasty as the DM bass which is perfect for me.
I have mine on black/ blue and it is bass heavy for sure but never too much due to it's speed & quality. Its not just a bass cannon tho

I went there for the first time in 1994 & used to go on Fridays so maybe we have been there at the same time. I never found another club quite like it in London. I went years later to their Tottenham venue and it had Superhans party vibes. I saw the heart of darkness.

The DM satisfies my craving for the sound I remember from my early club experiences & have been chasing longer than I've known. But it's not a 1 trick pony inspired by @AlexCBSN I put on White Pony the other day as I hadn't heard it for ages and it sounded superb. The DM has bought me back to a lot of rock & metal that has never sounded better to me.

Ill never retire fully from head fi & chasing end game* but I'm happy to rest at this plateau with this setup for a good long time & consider myself semi retired.:gs1000smile::k701smile::ksc75smile:

* I have the Elan+ & Seraph+ ordered but am seriously wondering if I need them.

427234.jpg

The DM, Ozar, SOR, SOG and BC are definitely made for metal, something about those CNT ADLC drivers that brings out that textured crunch from guitars that metal sound so awesome.

Jun 23, 2022 at 6:23 AM Post #7,136 of 18,137
Thanks to @AlexCBSN for mentioning the prototype 14mm Aten ceramic driver + 2 x 6mm cnt adlc a while back. Managed to snag the last one of the 2 Bob made.
What does it sound like. Bassalicous!!

Jun 23, 2022 at 6:34 AM Post #7,137 of 18,137
Bob have found a different solution for the Seraph and do not need a powered amplifier. It will ship in August or possible earlier since it's ahead of schedule.

Jun 23, 2022 at 9:02 AM Post #7,139 of 18,137
Hi all, so just received dark matter, is it correct to my understanding without burn in, it sounds so so, compare to my original imr r1?
The sound of mine changed dramatically only after around 420 hours of burn in :)
OOTB sounded great but sounded not cohesive at all for a long time

Jun 23, 2022 at 9:17 AM Post #7,140 of 18,137
Hi all, so just received dark matter, is it correct to my understanding without burn in, it sounds so so, compare to my original imr r1?
Is it the R1 or R1 Zenith? I love the R1 and the Dark Matter, but the signature has definitely changed a lot. It’s less about sheer energy and dynamic bass, the tuning is much more balanced now, the mids have come out of hiding big time, especially in the latest generation (Ozar, DM for sure).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back