Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 24, 2022 at 6:11 AM Post #7,156 of 18,523
Just listened to my Ozar with the new Pro cable. Nice colour match. Unlike with the Dark Matter, the Pro cable stays put in my ears using it with the Ozars...... and as a pairing, Ozar/Pro Cable, sound so very good.
Anybody reckon the EDP Ace will hit the road today? I'm suffering Planar withdrawal symptoms, need a fix, and need to hear those drum skin textures Planar style.....and my first Bone Conductor experience. Ace.....where art thou?:disappointed_relieved::sweat::heart_eyes:

Edit
Noticing the first Burn-In change on the Dark Matter.
Pro cable is a nice match with Ozar, because they are really dry sounding iems, meanwhile pro cable delivers a bit darker sound thus making their sound more balanced

Jun 24, 2022 at 6:56 AM Post #7,158 of 18,523
someone recommend me a replacement cable for the Dark Matter please - actively frustrated by how badly it fits, somewhat tempering my enjoyment of these fantastic IEMs. got them back yesterday but now want this cable sorted out. thank you :)

Jun 24, 2022 at 7:03 AM Post #7,159 of 18,523
Pro cable is a nice match with Ozar, because they are really dry sounding iems, meanwhile pro cable delivers a bit darker sound thus making their sound more balanced
Strange but the replacement Ozars I got are as far from 'dry' as can be. They are immediately, noticeably musical with enough 'richness', and with an articulate bass similar to the Dark Matter, but without the background 'rumble' and intensity the DM always gives me. When I change from the DM to the Ozar I am never disappointed even though the DM is nigh on perfect for me.

Jun 24, 2022 at 7:09 AM Post #7,160 of 18,523
someone recommend me a replacement cable for the Dark Matter please - actively frustrated by how badly it fits, somewhat tempering my enjoyment of these fantastic IEMs. got them back yesterday but now want this cable sorted out. thank you :)
If you want a lightweight cable....the Kotori Audio 'Carbon' Cable. Its Copper Litz (no Carbon), light weight and is about $69.90 Singapore Dollars. They took about a week and a half, with the Singapore Post choice, to reach me.

Jun 24, 2022 at 7:17 AM Post #7,161 of 18,523
If you want a lightweight cable....the Kotori Audio 'Carbon' Cable. Its Copper Litz (no Carbon), light weight and is about $69.90 Singapore Dollars. They took about a week and a half, with the Singapore Post choice, to reach me.
ordered that so, thank you! in related news does anyone want Pro cables lol, I have a 2.5mm/3.5mm/4.4mm!

Jun 24, 2022 at 7:21 AM Post #7,162 of 18,523

Effect Audio Vogue Series​

I would recommend one of these tree cables (Maestro, Virtuoso or Grandioso). Personally I've got a used Grandioso. It's like not smoker pro cable (sound wise, weaving and fit).

Jun 24, 2022 at 7:23 AM Post #7,163 of 18,523
Strange but the replacement Ozars I got are as far from 'dry' as can be. They are immediately, noticeably musical with enough 'richness', and with an articulate bass similar to the Dark Matter, but without the background 'rumble' and intensity the DM always gives me. When I change from the DM to the Ozar I am never disappointed even though the DM is nigh on perfect for me.
Ozar's sound dry with an original pink cable.

Jun 24, 2022 at 7:32 AM Post #7,164 of 18,523

Effect Audio Vogue Series​

I would recommend one of these tree cables (Maestro, Virtuoso or Grandioso). Personally I've got a used Grandioso. It's like not smoker pro cable (sound wise, weaving and fit).
keeping these in mind, went with @dharmasteve's suggestion for the DM specifically :)

Jun 24, 2022 at 7:39 AM Post #7,165 of 18,523
I'm using the Nocturnal Audio Acrux (pure silver) cable with DM. The Elan sound more airy than DM, notes are sharper with better clarity and details. But the notes somehow feels thinner, while DM notes seem to have more body. DM has a bigger stage than Elan, but Elan sounds cleaner with a higher transparency and better 3D imaging. Elan with stock pink cable.

@dharmasteve after how many hours you're noticing the change, and which change exactly?

Jun 24, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #7,167 of 18,523
EDP Ace - Zenith II - (24th June) Preparation underway to begin shipping

Event Horizon - (24th June) Stress testing finished. Assembly to start next week

This is soooooo rediculous………….

Jun 24, 2022 at 8:14 AM Post #7,168 of 18,523
I'm using the Nocturnal Audio Acrux (pure silver) cable with DM. The Elan sound more airy than DM, notes are sharper with better clarity and details. But the notes somehow feels thinner, while DM notes seem to have more body. DM has a bigger stage than Elan, but Elan sounds cleaner with a higher transparency and better 3D imaging. Elan with stock pink cable.

@dharmasteve after how many hours you're noticing the change, and which change exactly?
I'm at about 100-120 hours. I've been using the Black/Blue combination which gives strong bass and treble. The past three or so days I've notice somewhere between the mids and the upper mids a more noticeable separation between the two, and upper mids becoming slightly sharper which has made a few tracks with guitars and female vocals a bit harder edged. I'll give it a while and 'watch and wait', then try different uppers to alter the treble. I still find them hypnotic and pleasing, but will probably change the upper to see what difference it makes.

Jun 24, 2022 at 8:39 AM Post #7,169 of 18,523
EDP Ace - Zenith II - (24th June) Preparation underway to begin shipping

EDP Ace - (1st July) Completed preparation to prepare for preparing for shipping; now preparing for shipping
EDP Ace - (8th July) Actively preparing for shipping, boxes laid out. Mum says they look nice.
EDP Ace - Notice to customers. Nasty paper cut in the finalization of boxing stage has me delayed for two weeks, will resume with laying out internal packaging at that time
EDP Ace - (29th July) Soldiering through paper cut, preparing to prepare for laying out internal packaging
EDP Ace - (5th August) Laying out internal packaging
EDP Ace - Notice to customers. Ran into required 4 week European Summer Holiday. Heading to Isle of Crumpet-on-Sallybun, will complete preparation to ship on return with priority. Dreadfully sorry about the paper cut delay or I would have been completely prepared to ship at this point.
EDP Ace - (9th September) Totally getting the vibe built back to complete preparation for shipping
EDP Ace - (16th September) Informed Reginald Tallywhacker, my postman, to prepare to prepare to receive shipment

This is my first IMR, but somehow I get the feeling if the Ace goes out in the August/September timeframe vs. the May ship estimate it still would be an all-time quick turnaround. It's a pretty modest price, so I'm fine with gamble......hope it's at least a decent IEM. Or more accurately I'm preparing to prepare to hope it's at least a decent IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back