Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 16, 2024 at 5:45 PM Post #17,642 of 18,081
What's the best, cheapest, most flexy-nibbed stock fountain pen out there right now? Something that can lay down a clean 3-4mm line at full spread?
Are you talking about the nib width/line variation to be 3 to 4 mm then I don't think that there are any flexy-stub nib available these days. 3 to 4mm is primarily non-flex italic nibs used for calligraphy not meant to write with speed. Pelikan used to have flex double broad or even triple broad flex stub nib in 60s and 70s.

But if you intend to write in 4mm spacing line rule notebook with a cheapest and good flex nib, then I will recommend the Noodlers' Ahab Flex fountain pen under less than $25.
The other soft flex nib fountain pen I would recommed is Pilot Pen with FA nib. It does not come cheap though.

Mar 16, 2024 at 6:05 PM Post #17,643 of 18,081
Yeah I've gone down the Ahab road years ago. Done many mods and found lots of dead ends. Got bags filled with scrap modded nibs that didn't work. Got tons of calligraphy nibs. Really looking for flexy script writing nibs similar to Ahab but about 3 levels up. I couldn't find anything suitable 10 years ago, so I started mudding and eventually gave up. Sounds like nothing has been developed since then. Not surprised, as it's a low volume niche hobby. But it never hurts to ask.

Mar 17, 2024 at 4:15 PM Post #17,645 of 18,081
Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 10:04 AM Post #17,646 of 18,081
I've managed to pick up a 2nd hand pair of the Knights on ebay, but it didn't come with the instruction manual. Can anyone tell me which screwdriver needs to be used to change the open/closed faceplate? I'm assuming it's a torx, but I don't know the size to order.

Thanks,
Colin

Mar 19, 2024 at 1:23 PM Post #17,647 of 18,081
I've managed to pick up a 2nd hand pair of the Knights on ebay, but it didn't come with the instruction manual. Can anyone tell me which screwdriver needs to be used to change the open/closed faceplate? I'm assuming it's a torx, but I don't know the size to order.

Thanks,
Colin
yes, so far IMR has used torx only as far as I know. The size "T4" should work for this. I have used T4 for other IMR iems.

Mar 19, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #17,648 of 18,081
Anyone interested in an Enigma set that I just received today?

Mar 19, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #17,649 of 18,081
Mar 19, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #17,650 of 18,081
So I take it you're not interested?
I can't get a good fit in my ears. I was suspecting this because I had the same problem with ADP Ace. This shape of the IEM is not good for me. I prefer to sell it to someone who like IMR at loss rather than forcing myself to use it for a few days and then store it

Mar 19, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #17,652 of 18,081
I can't get a good fit in my ears. I was suspecting this because I had the same problem with ADP Ace. This shape of the IEM is not good for me. I prefer to sell it to someone who like IMR at loss rather than forcing myself to use it for a few days and then store it

Enigma has the same shell as Titan, I asked Bob, which I struggled with at first but use a cable with ear hooks and S&S tips, it's now a pretty good fit. EDP Ace has a slightly different size shell, and fits me perfectly, though of course we all have different shaped ears.

Mar 19, 2024 at 7:46 PM Post #17,653 of 18,081
Enigma has the same shell as Titan, I asked Bob, which I struggled with at first but use a cable with ear hooks and S&S tips, it's now a pretty good fit. EDP Ace has a slightly different size shell, and fits me perfectly, though of course we all have different shaped ears.
A stiff ear hooks may help to hold enigma shape monitor into the ear if the problem is falling out.

A friend of mine got enigma+. Hi has tried the most of the top tier iems over 3k$. He said that he felt in love with them, saying that the amt driver provides warm and bright sound timbre that no other of the flagships do. Right now his preferred filters combination is red top and pink low. In this way mids become underlighted

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 12:06 AM Post #17,654 of 18,081
A stiff ear hooks may help to hold enigma shape monitor into the ear if the problem is falling out.

A friend of mine got enigma+. Hi has tried the most of the top tier iems over 3k$. He said that he felt in love with them, saying that the amt driver provides warm and bright sound timbre that no other of the flagships do. Right now his preferred filters combination is red top and pink low. In this way mids become underlighted
what tips and cable does he use for Enigma+?

Mar 20, 2024 at 12:19 PM Post #17,655 of 18,081

Warm AND bright sound timbre?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back