• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 26, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #17,671 of 17,966
Mar 26, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #17,672 of 17,966
Have further reduced the price of Avalon and Seraph to help with Shipping costs.

https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/imr-acoustics-avalon-price-reduced.64517/

https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/imr-audio-seraph-price-reduced.64518/

Avalon at 385 USD + shipping
Seraph at 575 USD + shipping

This is lowest I've seen for these 2 variants I have seen.

If anyone is interested let me know.
Dang, tempting for Seraph. But I just got tickets to Hans Zimmer this morning, which also means a flight to Seattle

Mar 26, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #17,675 of 17,966
Would also appreciate views on this, so as to get a sense of scale with all the many different models
How does the Avalon compare with the Ozar ?
Are they similar sounding or very far apart ?
I personally feel that Bob creates more magic with single DD iems than multi-driver iems at mid-tier level. His single DD iems are more value for money than the multi-drivers ones.

Mar 26, 2024 at 4:40 PM Post #17,676 of 17,966
I personally feel that Bob creates more magic with single DD iems than multi-driver iems at mid-tier level. His single DD iems are more value for money than the multi-drivers ones.
Thanks.
Which IMR are mid tier ?
Ozar or Avalon ?
Let's say if both cost the same , does it make sense to buy Avalon or Ozar ?
If I have Ozar should I buy Avalon too ?

Mar 26, 2024 at 4:45 PM Post #17,678 of 17,966
Thanks.
Which IMR are mid tier ?
Ozar or Avalon ?
I think if you have Ozar and you already have enignma, then having Avalon does not make much sense to me. Ozar is one of the finest creation of single DD iem by Bob especially when it was made available under GBP 100 on many occassions in the past.

Mar 26, 2024 at 4:53 PM Post #17,680 of 17,966
I think if you have Ozar and you already have enignma, then having Avalon does not make much sense to me. Ozar is one of the finest creation of single DD iem by Bob especially when it was made available under GBP 100 on many occassions in the past.
Thanks for your positive opinions regarding the Ozar. It's given me much confidence and super excited to hear how they'll sound after I manage to get some serious burn in time on them!

Mar 26, 2024 at 4:54 PM Post #17,681 of 17,966
Thanks.
Which IMR are mid tier ?
Ozar or Avalon ?

Surprised if Ozar could compete with Avalon. Sometimes I listen with Ozar but owning Seraph and Titan it's not for long, they can't compete in detail, air and top end extension.

Mar 26, 2024 at 5:03 PM Post #17,682 of 17,966
Surprised if Ozar could compete with Avalon. Sometimes I listen with Ozar but owning Seraph and Titan it's not for long, they can't compete in detail, air and top end extension.
My suggestion is purely based on price to performance ratio. As far as I recall Avalon was never made available below GBP 500 by IMR whereas OZAR was available as sub 100 GBP many times. I personally don't care about too much details in sound in an IEM. will go for OZAR than Avalon on any given day due to the huge price difference :)

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 11:40 PM Post #17,683 of 17,966
My suggestion is purely based on price to performance ratio. As far as I recall Avalon was never made available below GBP 500 by IMR whereas OZAR was available as sub 100 GBP many times. I personally don't care about too much details in sound in an IEM. will go for OZAR than Avalon on any given day due to the huge price difference :)
Thank you . Makes sense completely.

Mar 27, 2024 at 12:27 AM Post #17,684 of 17,966
On the other hand, it makes sense to pay a bit more to experience something quite special. And Avalon definitely is a special IEM. I am not saying that Ozar does not have have its own strong points but Avalon IMO definitely worths the 500 point price. I own Avalon not Ozar.
Of course, for a 100 Ozar is definitely an IEM worth it to have as I came close to purchasing one myself at different times.

Mar 27, 2024 at 4:20 AM Post #17,685 of 17,966
On the other hand, it makes sense to pay a bit more to experience something quite special. And Avalon definitely is a special IEM. I am not saying that Ozar does not have have its own strong points but Avalon IMO definitely worths the 500 point price. I own Avalon not Ozar.
Of course, for a 100 Ozar is definitely an IEM worth it to have as I came close to purchasing one myself at different times.
Long time no post here but still a huge fan of single DD IEMs and have yet to find something of that category that ticks more boxes than the Ozar in my book. Like most other single DDs out there they're not the most technical IEMs but more than detailed and resolving enough and pretty unforgiving when it comes to less than great audio material ... just feed them some well recorded, mixed and mastered vibes through a good low-impedance source and those puppies really sing.
I run mine balanced on a pure silver cable with pink nozzles (lower) and blue filters w. shallow wide bore tips and at the end of the day at that sonic level (timbre, coherence, resolution, staging, imaging, ...) it's more a question of a workable compromise based on individual tastes and preferences than anything else anyway.
AFAIR Bob originally sold the Ozar for about US$500 and if I ever lost my pair I'd happily buy them again even for that price. YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back