Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 20, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #17,656 of 18,081
Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024 at 12:39 AM Post #17,657 of 18,081
Wanted to ask for some advice, I am planning to attempt a repair on a set of edps, the 2 pin receiving sockets are worn and don't hold the stock cable anymore and one likely has a broken connection and is buzzing. This would be my first attempt at something like this so was wondering does anyone know what's the slotted 2 pin socket part?

Mar 21, 2024 at 1:48 AM Post #17,658 of 18,081
Wanted to ask for some advice, I am planning to attempt a repair on a set of edps, the 2 pin receiving sockets are worn and don't hold the stock cable anymore and one likely has a broken connection and is buzzing. This would be my first attempt at something like this so was wondering does anyone know what's the slotted 2 pin socket part?
It is hard to tell the exact part number. But you can search for 2 pin female socket for iem in Aliexpress. following should work with IMR iems
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2252...e8b!59558706152!sh!US!0!&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

Mar 21, 2024 at 12:24 PM Post #17,661 of 18,081
I would be particularly interested for your opinion about comparing these two. What is it that the BA/MEMS driver alters in sound as opposed to the BC/EST combination?

I wrote a few words comparing them a few months back, a quick summary would be Seraph sound more light and airy while Titan sound warmer with larger soundstage and fuller bass.

Mar 25, 2024 at 5:58 AM Post #17,662 of 18,081
Dark Matter mids are way more forwards than the Ozar mids (on my Dark Matter).

I've put the Pro cable on my IMR Ozar along with L Azla Xelastecs. ******* Hell!! The Ozar is the best single DD IEM I have heard and I am old, ** years old and have listened to many IEMs. I give the Ozar my old man's 'Medal of Honour'. Music is reborn through the Ozar.
Hi! New to this thread so a warm hello to everyone! I have Halcyon, which I really love, after owning the original Zenith, which I had to move on as found them to harsh in the treble.
I have recently picked up a set of used Ozar and have no idea how much run time they have had. I realise it is recommended they need 200/300 hrs to sound their best. I am using black lower, red upper but have found on busy music passages, especially with bass and drums, they sound very incoherent and a bit "all over the place" in regards to timing. I was wondering if anyone can reassure me that this is normal and will improve with more run in time?
Thanks in advance!

Mar 25, 2024 at 8:09 AM Post #17,663 of 18,081
Hi! New to this thread so a warm hello to everyone! I have Halcyon, which I really love, after owning the original Zenith, which I had to move on as found them to harsh in the treble.
I have recently picked up a set of used Ozar and have no idea how much run time they have had. I realise it is recommended they need 200/300 hrs to sound their best. I am using black lower, red upper but have found on busy music passages, especially with bass and drums, they sound very incoherent and a bit "all over the place" in regards to timing. I was wondering if anyone can reassure me that this is normal and will improve with more run in time?
Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the group.

IMR units make burn-in believers out of everyone. I can't guarantee you'll hear an improvement on coherence, but more than likely you will. All the early extremes tend to settle down over time.

Mar 25, 2024 at 8:13 AM Post #17,664 of 18,081
I have listened almost 2 hours to my Enigma so far but I have very very good impression on them. They sound like big speakers with this amazing bass that no other brand has. I have listened to my other IEMs after Enigma and none of them was as enjoyable and musical

Mar 25, 2024 at 9:37 AM Post #17,665 of 18,081
Welcome to the group.

IMR units make burn-in believers out of everyone. I can't guarantee you'll hear an improvement on coherence, but more than likely you will. All the early extremes tend to settle down over time.
Thank you Zeppmeister!
I have been following this thread for a while now. It is a good source of knowledge and tips regarding IMR's, which is a company I am very impressed with due to their sonic excellence and versatility with the tuning filters.
Sounds like my Ozar have had relatively low use before I acquired them and is great to know how well they respond to run in time.
I may swap the black lower for something with a smaller bass response and see if that helps in the mean time.
Thanks so much for your thoughts

Mar 25, 2024 at 10:07 AM Post #17,666 of 18,081
Thank you Zeppmeister!
I have been following this thread for a while now. It is a good source of knowledge and tips regarding IMR's, which is a company I am very impressed with due to their sonic excellence and versatility with the tuning filters.
Sounds like my Ozar have had relatively low use before I acquired them and is great to know how well they respond to run in time.
I may swap the black lower for something with a smaller bass response and see if that helps in the mean time.
Thanks so much for your thoughts
I've personally never used the black lower. I love my bass, but don't want it too thick.

Mar 25, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #17,667 of 18,081
I've personally never used the black lower. I love my bass, but don't want it too thick.
I agree. I find Halcyon is a very deep sounding iem and black lower on these is just way too much.
I'm loving the sound signature on Ozar. Just need to stick some hours on them and hope it sorts out the teething problems.

Mar 25, 2024 at 8:00 PM Post #17,668 of 18,081

Seraph bass sounds textured and so real with black lowers plus they seem to bring out the sub bass more. Grey lowers are my usual choice but with Seraph black work so well, yes a little thicker but separation is top notch and they don't dominate the mids and cymbals sound very realistic.

Mar 26, 2024 at 1:06 AM Post #17,669 of 18,081
Seraph bass sounds textured and so real with black lowers plus they seem to bring out the sub bass more. Grey lowers are my usual choice but with Seraph black work so well, yes a little thicker but separation is top notch and they don't dominate the mids and cymbals sound very realistic.
Yes I agree with this analysis. I also use the Black lowers with Seraph.
And using the EA Code 23 cable increases the tightness of the bass considerably.

Mar 26, 2024 at 11:55 AM Post #17,670 of 18,081
I liked Enigma so much that I was curious how Enigma+ would sound, so I ordered one that I received today. Out of the box, the difference between the 2 is very subtle. Maybe it will become more obvious with burn-in, then I can decide which one I keep and which one I sell. But what I can say is that these 2 deserve to be TOTL IEMs. They sound biiiiiiig
I don't have any fit issue now after replacing the eartips. They sit very well in my ears

Users who are viewing this thread

Back