Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 27, 2024 at 6:56 AM Post #17,686 of 17,967
On the other hand, it makes sense to pay a bit more to experience something quite special. And Avalon definitely is a special IEM. I am not saying that Ozar does not have have its own strong points but Avalon IMO definitely worths the 500 point price. I own Avalon not Ozar.
Of course, for a 100 Ozar is definitely an IEM worth it to have as I came close to purchasing one myself at different times.
Agreed, Avalon is no doubt was one of the highly praised flagship of IMR back in days. However, if someone already owns next level flagship like Enigma, then in my opinion Avalon can be avoided. The extra money can be spent on other audio house for a different sound tuning or experience. For example, Orvieti IEMs line OD200 and OH700V are getting lots of tractions in head-fi since last year.
Ultimately it all ends on individual taste, priorities and last not the least but the WALLET. If your wallet permits you can enjoy/experience anything :)

Mar 27, 2024 at 6:57 AM Post #17,687 of 17,967
My suggestion is purely based on price to performance ratio. As far as I recall Avalon was never made available below GBP 500 by IMR whereas OZAR was available as sub 100 GBP many times. I personally don't care about too much details in sound in an IEM. will go for OZAR than Avalon on any given day due to the huge price difference :)

Yes it's easy to get blase once you've heard some IMR totl's for the offer price they're outstanding.

Mar 28, 2024 at 8:40 AM Post #17,688 of 17,967
Afternoon all!

So my current IMR collection are the R1 Zenith, R2 Aten, Knight and Ozar. I'm pretty much just using the R2 Aten and Ozar at the moment with the Ozar being the most used. I'm considering adding to my collection. Anyone got any suggestions for what to look at next in the IMR chain. There is a used Seraph on ebay that I'm looking at, but would I be better saving a bit more and getting a used enigma? I love the IMR house sound and tend to lean more towards a warmer side of neutral if that helps with an recommendations.

Thanks.

Mar 28, 2024 at 9:00 AM Post #17,689 of 17,967
Afternoon all!

So my current IMR collection are the R1 Zenith, R2 Aten, Knight and Ozar. I'm pretty much just using the R2 Aten and Ozar at the moment with the Ozar being the most used. I'm considering adding to my collection. Anyone got any suggestions for what to look at next in the IMR chain. There is a used Seraph on ebay that I'm looking at, but would I be better saving a bit more and getting a used enigma? I love the IMR house sound and tend to lean more towards a warmer side of neutral if that helps with an recommendations.

Thanks.
I have a seraph for sale on headfi

https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/imr-audio-seraph-price-reduced.64518/

Cheapest you will ever get a seraph for in my opinion.

If you are not buying the Enigma and decide on the Seraph send me a pm.

Infact I still have the R2 aten for everyday use !

Mar 28, 2024 at 9:04 AM Post #17,690 of 17,967
Mar 28, 2024 at 9:48 AM Post #17,691 of 17,967
Afternoon all!

Thanks.
After owning both Titan and Enigma, I don't find much of a difference between them. Only after very close A/B comparison, it's possible to hear very slight differences. Hard to say which is better, but you could save yourself some $ with a used Titan. And yes, this is a bit self-serving because I have one for sale, but if you go back through this thread you'll see that Bob has made the same statement about Titan vs Enigma. Same level of performance with a slight difference in presentation. If you're interested:

https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/imr-titan-quad-est-bc.62874/

Mar 28, 2024 at 9:54 AM Post #17,692 of 17,967
I just thought I'd see if IMR had any b-stock direct, so I sent a message to them over ebay. I've managed to snag a great deal on a b-stock Enigma with Brandon. I won't give the price I managed to get them for out of respect for Brandon, but if anyone is looking at the Enigmas, maybe get in touch to see if they can help you as well. He replied within minutes of me messaging, so it was great to get it sorted.

Mar 28, 2024 at 9:57 AM Post #17,693 of 17,967
After owning both Titan and Enigma, I don't find much of a difference between them. Only after very close A/B comparison, it's possible to hear very slight differences. Hard to say which is better, but you could save yourself some $ with a used Titan. And yes, this is a bit self-serving because I have one for sale, but if you go back through this thread you'll see that Bob has made the same statement about Titan vs Enigma. Same level of performance with a slight difference in presentation. If you're interested:

https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/imr-titan-quad-est-bc.62874/
This makes complete sense.
Had i not bought the Enigma+ I would have bought a Titan.
On several tracks Seraph with the right cable and tips sounds pretty close to the Enigma+ sonically. I agree not so fine but close enough .

So I can completely believe that The top IMR models might be similar.

Mar 28, 2024 at 9:58 AM Post #17,694 of 17,967
I just thought I'd see if IMR had any b-stock direct, so I sent a message to them over ebay. I've managed to snag a great deal on a b-stock Enigma with Brandon. I won't give the price I managed to get them for out of respect for Brandon, but if anyone is looking at the Enigmas, maybe get in touch to see if they can help you as well. He replied within minutes of me messaging, so it was great to get it sorted.
Awwweeeeesssoooome !!!

Mar 28, 2024 at 10:15 AM Post #17,695 of 17,967
I just noticed the IMR ebay store is now called .... IMR Acoustics.

Not sure if they were trying to semi hide it before with Prelovedaudio.

Mar 28, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #17,696 of 17,967

I think it's been like that for a while. For some reason, when I saved them into my saved sellers list, even though the shop has the IMR branding, it saved as Prelovedaudio. Probably some weird ebay glitch!

Brandon also told me that they've moved to their own offices, so maybe they've turned the corner and 2024 will be a better year for them.

Mar 28, 2024 at 10:25 AM Post #17,697 of 17,967
I had a hard time finding their stuff on ebay. Maybe this will help.

Mar 28, 2024 at 10:27 AM Post #17,698 of 17,967

I much prefer the Ebay store no need to add tax so the price you see is the price you pay.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 11:50 AM Post #17,699 of 17,967
I think it's been like that for a while. For some reason, when I saved them into my saved sellers list, even though the shop has the IMR branding, it saved as Prelovedaudio. Probably some weird ebay glitch!

Brandon also told me that they've moved to their own offices, so maybe they've turned the corner and 2024 will be a better year for them.
Good news !
The question is after Titan and Enigma what other magic can they create !
Can they come up with something finer ?
Or
Maybe Great quality Na les for more people to enjoy instead of 25 Enigmas !

Mar 28, 2024 at 11:56 AM Post #17,700 of 17,967
Afternoon all!

Thanks.
If you decide to take an Enigma, I will be selling mine soon. I keep Enigma +
Enigma is really really amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back