Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 29, 2024 at 4:46 PM Post #17,716 of 18,070
Sat here listening to Holographic Field(48khz/24 bit) with my Cayin N3pro feeding Ozar with balanced cable. I'm very pleased (and releived!) to report that my primary concerns involving timing and incoherence have all but resolved. However, now I have reconfigured the tuning nozzles to grey lower, black upper and oh my word, I think I have found my perfect nozzle combination! These sound absolutely superb. Nice amount of bass slam that doesn't interfere with any other frequencies and nice crisp treble, able to dig out the finest of details in the mix with no hint of any sibilance.
I estimate to have put in about 30hrs of burn in so far, but must admit, I'm struggling a bit. What do you guys use to burn in your iems?
I am using my Denon hifi at the moment with a Future Sound of London CD set on repeat! Not the most professional solution, I'm sure!!
Glad that you like Ozar. I don't play any special track for burn-in; just keep playing my favorite usual tracks. I don't think any specific track will play a special role in burn-in. I guess the idea is to keep playing some tracks so that the driver coil gets adjusted/softened etc. But in the end whatever works for you is ok. Burn-in is a very debatable subject especially in IEMs where the driver size is too small. Just believe your ears, this is what I do irrespective of what someone has to say...:)

Mar 29, 2024 at 5:07 PM Post #17,717 of 18,070
Glad that you like Ozar. I don't play any special track for burn-in; just keep playing my favorite usual tracks. I don't think any specific track will play a special role in burn-in. I guess the idea is to keep playing some tracks so that the driver coil gets adjusted/softened etc. But in the end whatever works for you is ok. Burn-in is a very debatable subject especially in IEMs where the driver size is too small. Just believe your ears, this is what I do irrespective of what someone has to say...:)
Thanks for your reply! Yeah as related to many posts on this thread, IMR iems seem to be very susceptible to burn in. I am not sure with my Halcyon as had them a good while and just played them to death. Sound fantastic anyway in my opinion. Just flexing the Ozar drivers for that small amount of time has definitely ironed out the timing issues with the black filters. Glad I'm now doing grey/black combo now tho. It's definitely shown me what this iem can do!
I'll carry on pumping tunes into them, frustrating waiting but sure I will be rewarded!

Mar 30, 2024 at 8:46 AM Post #17,718 of 18,070
I found my end game IEM (IMR Enigma +) and Headphone (Dali IO-12). With these 2, I have everything I need. I'm selling all of my IEMs and headphones. If you are interested by something, drop me a message.
I still don't hear a clear difference between Enigma and Enigma +. I'm keeping Enigma + and selling Enigma just to satisfy my whim of having more drivers in my IEM but in reality they both sound the same. Buying an Enigma could be the best way to get TOTL sound with less money

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 9:12 AM Post #17,719 of 18,070
I found my end game IEM (IMR Enigma +) and Headphone (Dali IO-12). With these 2, I have everything I need. I'm selling all of my IEMs and headphones. If you are interested by something, drop me a message.
I still don't hear a clear difference between Enigma and Enigma +. I'm keeping Enigma + and selling Enigma just to satisfy my whim of having more drivers in my IEM but in reality they both sound the same. Buying an Enigma could be the best way to get TOTL sound with less money
owning ENIGMA+, I also told myself that this was the end of the game. Who knows, maybe Bob will invent something new, anything is possible...

Attachments

• photo_2024-03-30_18-21-43.jpg
    photo_2024-03-30_18-21-43.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo_2024-03-30_18-21-48.jpg
    photo_2024-03-30_18-21-48.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 0
Mar 30, 2024 at 9:18 AM Post #17,720 of 18,070
owning ENIGMA+, I also told myself that this was the end of the game. Who knows, maybe Bob will invent something new, anything is possible...
Honestly, I think that this is the end of IMR. They haven't announced anything new since a long time ago. I haven't heard back from Bob since a long time ago too. The only person who replies to emails is Brandon
Enigma and Enigma+ are definitely worth to be end game IEMs. They have everything I was looking for. I also found the equivalent in headphones: Dali IO-12. They have a lot in common

Mar 30, 2024 at 10:13 AM Post #17,721 of 18,070
End game is a myth in this hobby :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

1nmrt2.gif

Mar 30, 2024 at 10:15 AM Post #17,722 of 18,070
End game is a myth in this hobby :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

1nmrt2.gif
I might buy other IEMs in the future, but I doubt they will improve something over Enigma (in my sound preference)

Mar 30, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #17,723 of 18,070
Honestly, I think that this is the end of IMR. They haven't announced anything new since a long time ago. I haven't heard back from Bob since a long time ago too. The only person who replies to emails is Brandon
Enigma and Enigma+ are definitely worth to be end game IEMs. They have everything I was looking for. I also found the equivalent in headphones: Dali IO-12. They have a lot in common
Hell neither Bob nor Brandon have replied to me since maybe summer of last year when I said my EDP Ace wasn't working. Even if this isn't the end of IMR if we are all dumb enough to buy more IMR sets then we get what we deserve.

Mar 30, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #17,726 of 18,070
Which cable is this with the Enigma ?
EA CADMUS 8W
I thought someone would pay attention to the filters that lie next to the ENIGMA)

Mar 30, 2024 at 3:30 PM Post #17,728 of 18,070
Are they not the regular IMR filters ?
These are experimental filters that were produced in limited quantities. They are not collapsible.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 4:28 PM Post #17,730 of 18,070
Those filters look like the filters from Bob's previous company Trinity Audio and the ones from the early days of IMR. They all were single piece filters rather than the upper/lower configuration Bob uses now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back