Mar 28, 2024 at 12:01 PM Post #17,701 of 17,962
If you decide to take an Enigma, I will be selling mine soon. I keep Enigma +
Enigma is really really amazing

You must tell us the difference,

Running man.jpg

Mar 28, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #17,702 of 17,962
You must tell us the difference,

Running man.jpg
So far, the difference is very subtle but it is there. I need to burn them in more before I can share my conclusion

Mar 28, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #17,703 of 17,962
The question is after Titan and Enigma what other magic can they create !
Can they come up with something finer ?
There are placeholders on the site for a DAP and DAC ... let's not forget.

Mar 28, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #17,704 of 17,962
I just noticed the IMR ebay store is now called .... IMR Acoustics.

Not sure if they were trying to semi hide it before with Prelovedaudio.
It was done last year around July-August. If I recall it right, there used to be another seller with similar name prelovedaudio-1 in ebay. I guess that would had been the reason IMR changed it to their official name.

I had a hard time finding their stuff on ebay. Maybe this will help.
As far as IMR ebay handle is concerned, always search them in eBay UK. you may find incomplete listing or some issue if you search them in eBay location other than UK. I faced this issue couple of times in the past.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 3:55 PM Post #17,705 of 17,962
It was done last year around July-August. If I recall it right, there used to be another seller with similar name prelovedaudio-1 in ebay. I guess that would had been the reason IMR changed it to their official name.
Well ... I got this email from eBay just two weeks ago:

1711655664696.png

The link now goes to IMR Acoustics.

Mar 28, 2024 at 5:39 PM Post #17,706 of 17,962
Good news !
The question is after Titan and Enigma what other magic can they create !
Can they come up with something finer ?
Or
Maybe Great quality Na les for more people to enjoy instead of 25 Enigmas !
So amazing following the IMR journey and Bobs creations, from the original R1 right through to the Enigma!
Part of the reason I purchased Ozar was to experience the difference between the old generation Aten driver of the Halcyon to the new generation ADLC driver.
Bob is certainly packing in some serious tech nowadays!

Mar 28, 2024 at 7:55 PM Post #17,707 of 17,962
Just received from eBay. Maybe the name changed but takes awhile to trickle down to all systems?

1711670122696.png

Mar 28, 2024 at 8:04 PM Post #17,708 of 17,962
So amazing following the IMR journey and Bobs creations, from the original R1 right through to the Enigma!
Part of the reason I purchased Ozar was to experience the difference between the old generation Aten driver of the Halcyon to the new generation ADLC driver.
Bob is certainly packing in some serious tech nowadays!
AMT driver provides something really unique, specially when you have a transparent setup , in this case you may achieve timbres you may have never listened to before. Bob is a magician. Already with Seraph he made a huge step forward with mems drivers gaining the new level of transaparency. With the last gen iems he confirmed his maestry. His business model had some lacks for sure, but his ability to build iems, somehow makes him to be forgiven.
In my case there is some kind of bias because of really particular setup: hiby r8 II plus SuperConductor cable which has an unbelievable level of damn transparency. Silver cables are close but can't compete with SC.

Mar 29, 2024 at 5:22 AM Post #17,709 of 17,962
AMT driver provides something really unique, specially when you have a transparent setup , in this case you may achieve timbres you may have never listened to before. Bob is a magician. Already with Seraph he made a huge step forward with mems drivers gaining the new level of transaparency. With the last gen iems he confirmed his maestry. His business model had some lacks for sure, but his ability to build iems, somehow makes him to be forgiven.
In my case there is some kind of bias because of really particular setup: hiby r8 II plus SuperConductor cable which has an unbelievable level of damn transparency. Silver cables are close but can't compete with SC.
Im very curious about this super conductor cable. Enigma must sound good with it.
In my case the Enigma+ + eros s + softears tips is beginning to sound very sweet and melodious.
I've settled on grey lowers and blue uppers for a while now.
Dont think Ive crossed 150 hrs yet. But Sound has definitely settled.

I sometimes listen to the v16 for more detail And give the Seraph a few hours with the eros s too.

Hopefully if these iems dont have driver issues , i suspect I won't be buying any new gear for a while now.

Mar 29, 2024 at 7:33 AM Post #17,711 of 17,962
Are these going to be Like Chinese dawn resells ?
It's highly likely that these will be chinese rebrand sells like the Dawn iem.
However, Bob did initiate a campaign to create a DAP when he was part of Trinity Audio engineering. Just like his full headphones project, it was never completed though.
It's very hard to compete with lower priced chinese DAPs. Brand like tempotec and other similar chinese brands provides DAP/DAC in very reasonable price.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 4:22 PM Post #17,714 of 17,962
I think if you have Ozar and you already have enignma, then having Avalon does not make much sense to me. Ozar is one of the finest creation of single DD iem by Bob especially when it was made available under GBP 100 on many occassions in the past.
Sat here listening to Holographic Field(48khz/24 bit) with my Cayin N3pro feeding Ozar with balanced cable. I'm very pleased (and releived!) to report that my primary concerns involving timing and incoherence have all but resolved. However, now I have reconfigured the tuning nozzles to grey lower, black upper and oh my word, I think I have found my perfect nozzle combination! These sound absolutely superb. Nice amount of bass slam that doesn't interfere with any other frequencies and nice crisp treble, able to dig out the finest of details in the mix with no hint of any sibilance.
I estimate to have put in about 30hrs of burn in so far, but must admit, I'm struggling a bit. What do you guys use to burn in your iems?
I am using my Denon hifi at the moment with a Future Sound of London CD set on repeat! Not the most professional solution, I'm sure!!

Mar 29, 2024 at 4:36 PM Post #17,715 of 17,962
What do you guys use to burn in your iems?
I usually use an old laptop with Brandenburg Concertos on repeat (as always suggested by @jon parker). A little louder than listening volume. Example: If my usual volume is 5, I'd go to 7 or so ... just push them a little, but not too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back