Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 16, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #17,626 of 18,180
Totally understandable. But those tweaks don't necessarily make something "better". And even worse, virtually every track may benefit from a different "tweak". So to avoid a maddening, never-ending insanity, I've come to realize that a BLEND of capabilities is best overall for me to enjoy my music. I'm actually listening to Enigma+ (stock) now after having the Neo3+CadmusXAres in my ears for the last few hours and I'm 100% enjoying the experience. It's a virtual 180-degree shift in sound (ok, maybe 135 degrees), but it's immensely enjoyable.

The Enigma+ will remain in my ears for the rest of the night. Such a soothing, satisfying sound. Absolutely NOTHING to complain about. Life is good.
Makes sense. I've just been using the enigma+ with the eros s for a while.
Just tweaking the filters here and there.
I just reduced the lower filter from gold to grey and the bass just had more punch. Isn't it supposed to reduce ?
I have one other code 23 cable which I will try after a few weeks with the Enigma+

Mar 16, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #17,627 of 18,180
Makes sense. I've just been using the enigma+ with the eros s for a while.
Just tweaking the filters here and there.
I just reduced the lower filter from gold to grey and the bass just had more punch. Isn't it supposed to reduce ?
I have one other code 23 cable which I will try after a few weeks with the Enigma+
Is your gold lower installed with a very thin plastic like mesh? If yes, then that's the primary reason of analogish type ( a bit congested)bass with it.
I personally like grey lower as it is the most balance and clean out of all the lowers.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #17,628 of 18,180
Is your gold lower installed with a very thin plastic like mesh? If yes, then that's the primary reason of analogish type ( a bit congested)bass with it.
I personally like grey lower as it is the most balance and clean out of all the lowers.
I don't see any mesh on any of the lowers ! I can only see a mesh and padding on the uppers. Can you show me a picture of what you are talking about by any chance ?
Yes grey lower is cleaner than gold.

Mar 16, 2024 at 2:10 PM Post #17,629 of 18,180
I don't see any mesh on any of the lowers ! I can only see a mesh and padding on the uppers. Can you show me a picture of what you are talking about by any chance ?
Yes grey lower is cleaner than gold.
I am a bit old school; don't use smartphone and so don't have anything handy to take a picture of my gold lowers for now. I will try to get it tomorrow.
If there is no plastic mesh installed in your gold lower, then if you look closely you won't find any difference between Black lower and Gold lower. Black and Gold lower used to differ only on that plastic mesh. There should be no micro bass hole along the gold and black lower circumference.

Mar 16, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #17,630 of 18,180
I am a bit old school; don't use smartphone and so don't have anything handy to take a picture of my gold lowers for now. I will try to get it tomorrow.
If there is no plastic mesh installed in your gold lower, then if you look closely you won't find any difference between Black lower and Gold lower. Black and Gold lower used to differ only on that plastic mesh. There should be no micro bass hole along the gold and black lower circumference.
You are absolutely correct.
I see a white color mesh on the gold lower.
But this doesn't exist in the black lower.
What is this micro base hole ?
Which other lowers have a mesh ?

Mar 16, 2024 at 3:12 PM Post #17,631 of 18,180
You are absolutely correct.
I see a white color mesh on the gold lower.
But this doesn't exist in the black lower.
What is this micro base hole ?
Which other lowers have a mesh ?
This white color mesh is only with the gold lower. If you look at the circumference of the bottom of the lower filters using some loupe or using some lens, you will notice an extremely tiny hole except on Gold and Black filter. The idea is larger the hole in size, lesser is the Bass in quantity. No hole means maximum bass.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #17,632 of 18,180
This white color mesh is only with the gold lower. If you look at the circumference of the bottom of the lower filters using some loupe or using some lens, you will notice an extremely tiny hole except on Gold and Black filter. The idea is larger the hole in size, lesser is the Bass in quantity. No hole means maximum bass.
Thank you very much for this. It's very strange that only Gold has this mesh.
It's also slightly strange that you don't have a smart phone 😀

Mar 16, 2024 at 3:37 PM Post #17,633 of 18,180
I have checked thoroughly.
Avalon = white mesh
Seraph = white mesh
Enigma+ = no white mesh.
Maybe enigma filters are different ?

Mar 16, 2024 at 3:45 PM Post #17,634 of 18,180
I have checked thoroughly.
Avalon = white mesh
Seraph = white mesh
Enigma+ = no white mesh.
Maybe enigma filters are different ?
I think white mesh is missing in all the new batch becasue the gold lower in my Nale does not have any white mesh too. There is no logic of gold without the white mesh. In back old days of trinity audio each color one piece filter came in two variants: one with the white mesh and other without the mesh.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #17,636 of 18,180
It's also slightly strange that you don't have a smart phone 😀
Yes, just like you most of my known find it odd :) . I never felt the need of a smartphone; just a happy person with the old non-intrusive simple keypad phone. Never been to any popular social media platform like Facebook, insta or twitter Except this beautiful head-fi and one fountainpennetwork forum. I am a fountain pen junkie...........

Mar 16, 2024 at 4:16 PM Post #17,637 of 18,180
Could you give us a note about Seraph/Enigma comparison since they have a similar driver configuration?
I will have to do some more listening for this comparison.
Seraph is closer to the Enigma than Seraph is to Avalon.

Enigma is a very refined version of seraph with smoother and finer treble.
Enigma also has deeper and more bass .

I've had some treble issues with Seraph in the past like cymbals but now they sound better with soft ears tips. Even the bass quantity and quality are much better now in the Seraph.
But bass isn't super deep.

But the foundation sound of both iems seem very similar to me.
In a blind test I would be able to say they are from the same audio house.

But the v16 is completely different from the Enigma . I can clearly make out they are from different audio houses.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 4:51 PM Post #17,640 of 18,180
Yes, just like you most of my known find it odd :) . I never felt the need of a smartphone; just a happy person with the old non-intrusive simple keypad phone. Never been to any popular social media platform like Facebook, insta or twitter Except this beautiful head-fi and one fountainpennetwork forum. I am a fountain pen junkie...........
What's the best, cheapest, most flexy-nibbed stock fountain pen out there right now? Something that can lay down a clean 3-4mm line at full spread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back