• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 15, 2024 at 7:35 PM Post #17,611 of 18,183
Yes I believe I did.

You know listening now to Titan I remember those dreamy moments I sometimes experienced with Avalon with the amazing sense of depth and distance. This was one of the reason I was interested in finding a Titan as I expected them to be an upgrade to that experience. I can state now that it is with the Pods that I truly have this now.

Which makes me think that I must change my wired setting with Titan. Damn, I really love that Null audio cable. And I'd hate to return to the stock PRO cable as I hate their handling and tangling.

Any suggestions my friends?
I really liked the EA Eros S 8w AE with the Titan.

Mar 15, 2024 at 7:46 PM Post #17,612 of 18,183
I really liked the EA Eros S 8w AE with the Titan.
I suspect that would sound somewhat like analog overload. Have you tried Cadmus or Ares in the 8W config? No idea how they would sound, but I'm curious.

Mar 15, 2024 at 8:11 PM Post #17,613 of 18,183
I suspect that would sound somewhat like analog overload. Have you tried Cadmus or Ares in the 8W config? No idea how they would sound, but I'm curious.
I tried all three, and to be thruthfull the Cadmus S 8w was a touch less analogue as you say the aesthetic wasn't great for me so I ended up getting a bespoke cable from CLAN AUDIO which is a 8W 7n copper/Silver plated copper
Which for me is the right balance of analogue/clean details great staging and dynamics.
My EA cable designation is as Follows
Ares S 8w IMR Elan+
Cadmus S 8W Acoustune HS1655CU
Eros S 8W AE Fiio FH9
Ares S 4W IMR DM
Ea Griffib 4W IMR Elan
This selection was made from many hours cable rolling.
Titan on Ares S8W overly warm with less contrast
EROS S AW Lush spacious very organic but with soft leading edges to the mids and lower treble.
Cadmus 8W a nice balance of organic with cleaner more distinct details less thickness to the sound more dynamic.

The CLAN AUDIO cable was even more technical less warm more dynamic with a touch less bass quantity but really great details within the bass and mids also the treble seemed to grow in its staging perfectly.

Wether any of this ramble is helpful is mute.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2024 at 8:18 PM Post #17,614 of 18,183
I tried all three, and to be thruthfull the Cadmus S 8w was a touch less analogue as you say the aesthetic wasn't great for me so I ended up getting a bespoke cable from CLAN AUDIO which is a 8W 7n copper/Silver plated copper
Which for me is the right balance of analogue/clean details great staging and dynamics.
Interesting. I'm curious what perceptible differences there are between your Clan cable and the Cadmus, with both having similar construction. I hold the Cadmus 8W in high regard and it's one of my favorite balanced all-rounder. And also, why do you prefer the Clan vs the Eros 8W? So I'm inferring your ranking as Clan -> Eros -> Cadmus. Since the Cadmus and Clan seem to have more similar construction, I'm curious how the Eros fits in.

Mar 15, 2024 at 8:32 PM Post #17,615 of 18,183
Interesting. I'm curious what perceptible differences there are between your Clan cable and the Cadmus, with both having similar construction. I hold the Cadmus 8W in high regard and it's one of my favorite balanced all-rounder. And also, why do you prefer the Clan vs the Eros 8W? So I'm inferring your ranking as Clan -> Eros -> Cadmus. Since the Cadmus and Clan seem to have more similar construction, I'm curious how the Eros fits in.
So the CLAN cable is equivalent of the EA franken cables 4w Ares +4w cadmus
The eros does have a lushness to its organic presentation with the Titan but it is at the expense of a touch of crisp dynamics. For quite a while I was very happy with the Titan on Eros S then I got the Oriveti OH700VB and Tansoi Mira X and I started thinking the Titan was lacking in details and dynamics after the said cable rolling I settled on my current choices with the Titan backup to my No1 spot

Edit Purely on sound between the Eros and Cadmus the cadmus was technically better but zi didn't like the look with the Titan (I'm weird like that)

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2024 at 8:47 PM Post #17,616 of 18,183
Now I remember your cable the abyss modified. Of course that will be amazing with the Enigma.
I'd like to get my hands on that one.
Some one mentioned using the ea fusion that was very revealing as well.
But my budget is 200 usd max for a cable.
Fusion is very warm, but it's very dry as well. So with massive and fatty enigma's signature and don't know how it can coexist. For sure before buy it it's better to listen to before.
That's the modified cable you've shown us before?
Yes, that is the cable. Thanks to Russian comrades that involved me into the deal, providing me this pearl.

Mar 15, 2024 at 8:56 PM Post #17,617 of 18,183
Yes, I have the Cadmus x Ares 8w Christmas cable and it's superb. Definitely more Ares than Cadmus, but it works really well with certain IEMs. To me, the Eros was the odd man out and really didn't accentuate anything in particular for any of the IEMs I tried it with.

IMR IEMs, for me, are all about musical enjoyment and bold presentation rather than audiophile technicalities, details, and "proper" balance. I wouldn't even say "fun", but more unique and bold. Titan is the best of IMR breed, along with Enigma, and the entire IMR collection stands apart from the rest of the market. If someone wants to compare IEMs back to back to back, they can pick apart small differences and details, and maybe other manufacturers can claim "better" performance. But if you're more interested in the impact and feeling of the music, that's where IMR shines.

I personally haven't felt the need to upgrade from the IMR Pro cable, I think it's a good match for the Titan and Enigma. I'm sure there is a bit more performance to squeeze out of them, but as I said I enjoy the impact, presentation, and overall musicality of the stock equipment. Definitely more than sufficient to enjoy the music without worrying about upgrading or tweaking the accessories.

Mar 15, 2024 at 9:01 PM Post #17,618 of 18,183
@DrewVz Having said all that I'm auditioning the Liquidlinks Martini on the Titan as we chat and I'm rather enjoying it it's a never ending search for the imperceptible differences that hits me in the feels.

Mar 15, 2024 at 9:04 PM Post #17,619 of 18,183
Yes, I have the Cadmus x Ares 8w Christmas cable and it's superb. Definitely more Ares than Cadmus, but it works really well with certain IEMs. To me, the Eros was the odd man out and really didn't accentuate anything in particular for any of the IEMs I tried it with.

IMR IEMs, for me, are all about musical enjoyment and bold presentation rather than audiophile technicalities, details, and "proper" balance. I wouldn't even say "fun", but more unique and bold. Titan is the best of IMR breed, along with Enigma, and the entire IMR collection stands apart from the rest of the market. If someone wants to compare IEMs back to back to back, they can pick apart small differences and details, and maybe other manufacturers can claim "better" performance. But if you're more interested in the impact and feeling of the music, that's where IMR shines.

I personally haven't felt the need to upgrade from the IMR Pro cable, I think it's a good match for the Titan and Enigma. I'm sure there is a bit more performance to squeeze out of them, but as I said I enjoy the impact, presentation, and overall musicality of the stock equipment. Definitely more than sufficient to enjoy the music without worrying about upgrading or tweaking the accessories.
I just enjoy playing with what I have mixing and matching till I'm happy put it down to my ADHD
Fiddle tweak fiddle

Mar 15, 2024 at 9:25 PM Post #17,620 of 18,183
I just enjoy playing with what I have mixing and matching till I'm happy put it down to my ADHD
Fiddle tweak fiddle
Totally understandable. But those tweaks don't necessarily make something "better". And even worse, virtually every track may benefit from a different "tweak". So to avoid a maddening, never-ending insanity, I've come to realize that a BLEND of capabilities is best overall for me to enjoy my music. I'm actually listening to Enigma+ (stock) now after having the Neo3+CadmusXAres in my ears for the last few hours and I'm 100% enjoying the experience. It's a virtual 180-degree shift in sound (ok, maybe 135 degrees), but it's immensely enjoyable.

The Enigma+ will remain in my ears for the rest of the night. Such a soothing, satisfying sound. Absolutely NOTHING to complain about. Life is good.

Mar 16, 2024 at 12:58 AM Post #17,622 of 18,183
My EA cable designation is as Follows
Ares S 8w IMR Elan+
Cadmus S 8W Acoustune HS1655CU
Eros S 8W AE Fiio FH9
Ares S 4W IMR DM
Ea Griffib 4W IMR Elan
This selection was made from many hours cable

rolling.
Titan on Ares S8W overly warm with less contrast
EROS S AW Lush spacious very organic but with soft leading edges to the mids and lower treble.
Cadmus 8W a nice balance of organic with cleaner more distinct details less thickness to the sound more dynamic.

The CLAN AUDIO cable was even more technical less warm more dynamic with a touch less bass quantity but really great details within the bass and mids also the treble seemed to grow in its staging perfectly.

Wether any of this ramble is helpful is mute.
Thanks.
That's very helpful.
I wouldn't pay more than 200-300 for a cable though.
I'll do some cable rolling first with the ones I already own.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back