Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 13, 2024 at 11:19 AM Post #17,582 of 18,498
You know. It did pass my mind to propose a lending project among head-fiers.
E.g. I want to try Enigma, If one is keen to send them for a few weeks, I cover shipping and in this manner experiences rotate among minds.
Of course it would require a certain degree of trust....
Yes I agree with this but it is probably only possible within the same city .

Mar 13, 2024 at 1:10 PM Post #17,583 of 18,498
Yes I agree with this but it is probably only possible within the same city .
If the one asking for the audition is willing to pay courrier both ways then I don't see much of an issue.
I think the main condition to be fulfilled for something like this to take place would be mutual trust.

Mar 13, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #17,585 of 18,498
I've been giving Seraph a lot of listening time lately.
Seraph + lavri silver cable + Coreir brass tips.
I've Lost my Qobuzz membership so it's only Spotify that I listen to now.

I am really enjoying it.
Of course the Enigma is amazing.
But from a cost to quality perspective . There is great value in the Seraph.
It almost 3/4 of the way to the enigma.

Sometimes I feel the same way about
Avalon.

At this rate I will have to keep all my IMR iems for ever. 😭😭

Mar 13, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #17,588 of 18,498
Happened to check my notes and ... I received my Elan+ a year ago today. The love affair is still going strong. According to reliable reports, Titan and Enigma surpass it, but I'm happy with what these give me. I don't expect to have anything that tops them, but I guess you never know.

photo_2024-03-13_11-43-45.jpg

Mar 13, 2024 at 2:04 PM Post #17,589 of 18,498
Happened to check my notes and ... I received my Elan+ a year ago today. The love affair is still going strong. According to reliable reports, Titan and Enigma surpass it, but I'm happy with what these give me. I don't expect to have anything that tops them, but I guess you never know.

Those look beautiful. Best color combo of IMR sets I think. What's the drivers in those remind us?

Mar 13, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #17,591 of 18,498
Those look beautiful. Best color combo of IMR sets I think. What's the drivers in those remind us?
Red's my color, so I could do with a bit more, like the Titan. Maybe I'll take the bar off and paint it. :wink:

Mar 13, 2024 at 9:05 PM Post #17,595 of 18,498

Listening now the Elan+ with Ares S8w and boy does it love a good thick copper cable The Elan+ is my 2nd best/favourite IMR with only the Titan besting it. Such a complete sounding iem. No frills no gimmicks in driver configuration, just plain quality, well balanced sound signature across the frequency range.
Listening tuning nozzle set up Blue bottom, red top, divinis Velvet ear tips, dap Cayin N7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back