IMR Acoustics EDP (Every Day Planar)
Aug 12, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #451 of 698
Mine has come off a few times also..the one one..upgraded to effect audio ares2 and not coming off so it seems. Sorry for your loss !
Thanks! Although sad, I have faith that he'll do a second edp run. It's an expensive lesson, but a valuable one. I'll be careful with my iems going forward. I'm just happy that I've found an IEM I'm happy with; definitely gonna be my daily driver (pun intended). I'm also trying to find a solution for the turbulence issue. I tried covering the holes with electrical tape but they're still present. Doesn't bother me enough, though. Just have to turn up the volume on the amp a bit higher than I'd like. Not a deal breaker.

Aug 12, 2020 at 6:28 PM Post #452 of 698
Thanks! Although sad, I have faith that he'll do a second edp run. It's an expensive lesson, but a valuable one. I'll be careful with my iems going forward. I'm just happy that I've found an IEM I'm happy with; definitely gonna be my daily driver (pun intended). I'm also trying to find a solution for the turbulence issue. I tried covering the holes with electrical tape but they're still present. Doesn't bother me enough, though. Just have to turn up the volume on the amp a bit higher than I'd like. Not a deal breaker.
I never had this problem with any other IMR but it clearly exists for many of us with the EDP. My left and right were separating from the cable many times. I eventually opened them up (with the cable inserted) and used a thin strip of carpet tape to table the cable to the connector from inside the shell.

Aug 12, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #453 of 698
I posted this over on R3 Semper thread. Reposting here for anyone not following that discussion: Bob put out another email to existing customers this morning that he's considering another run of the EDP and he provided a survey link to register expressions of interest. These EDPs (at £160) are a steal. Mine took a solid 150 hours to develop and they are sensational. They don't extend quite as high as, let's say the the RAH, but the balance he's achieved with that Planar and DD is really quite something. Plenty of sparkle, beautiful mids - vocals, strings and pianos are superb, and there's plenty of grunt down low. Because of their form they are far more versatile than any previous or current offering (I can sleep with them and they've got moderate isolation) and I will be travelling with them. If you are not yet an IMR customer, I'd write to Bob and encourage him to do another run and grab yourself a set. And there's no loyalty discount on them so you can join the family at the same price everyone else paid for them and get yourself a code like the rest of us.
Beyond another run of the EDP, I found the other bullets of interest as well:
" I have been toying with a model that sits to the side of the Opus Mia and between the Semper "
&
" These will be my last IEM's for a little while as I need to concentrate on the full size headphones for next year. "

Aug 13, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #455 of 698
What a sad day. After 150+ hours of break-in, took them out for a spin. Came home to find that the right earpiece fell off the cable and is forever lost. It had fallen off the cable a few times before, but I caught it. Really should've been more careful. I've answered the questionnaire from Bob, voting to have another EDP run, hoping for the best. It really is the best balance of size/weight/comfort and sound quality. Back to my boring but trusty ER4XR for now.

I returned mine back to Bob due to the wind noise I was experiencing. You could ping him to see if he'll sell to you once received (sent back a couple of weeks ago from the US).

Aug 13, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #457 of 698
I picked up the EDP from a fellow headier and found that the black tube and gold upper stage worked for me. All the other upper stage filters were peaky at 3k and that really hurts me. I liked the purple upper stage but needed to take 2dB off 3.3kHz to be comfortable.

Aug 13, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #458 of 698
I picked up the EDP from a fellow headier and found that the black tube and gold upper stage worked for me. All the other upper stage filters were peaky at 3k and that really hurts me. I liked the purple upper stage but needed to take 2dB off 3.3kHz to be comfortable.
We all hear differently but for me, it's black lower / blue upper with wide bore azla sedna or Tennmak whirlwind tips.

Aug 13, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #460 of 698
I used the supplied foams to get a good seal and swapped out the stock copper cable for an 8W SPC. Night and day difference in separation and better balance across the frequency range. I've got some 8W copper and hybrid cables that I'll test out before settling down to listen and then review, comparing to the TRI I3.

Is it just me or do the EDPs look like Raphael the Ninja Turtle?

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #463 of 698
Looks like the next iteration of the EDP might look different :
https://www.instagram.com/p/CD37TzYpGxk/?igshid=1cyrqdyo53crv
_20200814_184632.JPG

Aug 14, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #464 of 698
Last edited:
Aug 14, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #465 of 698
Jesus Christ this company doesn’t stop. Pure greed after people shelling out £1,100 or £600. Shows greed above all else especially when pandemic ongoing. Other brands I’ve purchased don’t seem to do this many releases in so little time.
Wow, really, as a prior purchaser you are harmed by more releases? You need to look inside and examine yourself before looking at and examining others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back