IMR Acoustics EDP (Every Day Planar)
Aug 14, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #466 of 698
So offering more units of a limited run model is a bad thing somehow? Especially with how well it has been received by those who got it?

Aug 14, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #467 of 698
Jesus Christ this company doesn’t stop. Pure greed after people shelling out £1,100 or £600. Shows greed above all else especially when pandemic ongoing. Other brands I’ve purchased don’t seem to do this many releases in so little time.
I haven't even really burnt my EDP in yet, but even I can't see why I'm supposed to be butthurt by progress. It doesn't change the product I bought, it might be better, but so what?
Literally every single thing I own was preceded by an earlier version, if they weren't I'd still be carrying a cassette Walkman.
The faster tech' development happens, the sooner I can enjoy said developments.
It's not greed for a company to develop new gear, it's what we're all bleedin' clamouring for!

Aug 14, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #469 of 698
If the price still maintain, he is spreading love and not robbery to the community in a bolder approach.

Been using EDP and cable rolling the past few days, my prototype AN silver cable brings out the best of this little IMR sibling across the audio range. Surprising it can dig and rhythm at the lower end like Rah but at a smaller scale with tightness. And to me it sounds more natural with a little organic feel on all Black.

Am likely to grad it for my wife coz I sold her re-shelled Heir 4A to a close friend (who was into Spotify mobile streaming last year) when he demoed it along with Zenith and R1. He prefers the bold colour and sound signature of 4A.

Attachments

• B230CE2C-602B-4371-B721-2D8349810853.jpeg
    B230CE2C-602B-4371-B721-2D8349810853.jpeg
    284.7 KB · Views: 0
Aug 15, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #470 of 698
Any recommendations for aftermarket cables that fit the sockets on the EDP without any filing down of the plastic base around the 2-pin connector?

Aug 15, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #471 of 698
The multiple 2pin cables I have from Electro Acousti, Moon Audio, Noble and my own home made ones all fit very snugly into the sockets but leave a few mm poking out. Despite this, they feel more secure than the stock cables.

Aug 16, 2020 at 10:21 PM Post #474 of 698
Aug 17, 2020 at 4:33 AM Post #476 of 698
Dual 9mm Titanium DD
10mm Planar
Dual Electrostat

If it is a new design, may as well redesign it I guess.
Where did you see those specs?

Aug 22, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #478 of 698
It has been a few weeks since I have listened to my EDP... been listening to the Rah, PB1, and Halcyon. Today I had to spend several hours doing yard work and thought to myself what better task to listen to the Every Day Planar than an every day task like yard work. The EDP are not the most detailed, nor the most rumbling IEMs I have. But, wow, they are just so easy to listen to, and to my ears so well balanced, that I’m asking myself why’d I wait so long to put them back in my ears...

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #479 of 698
I've put mine up for sale if anyone wants a pair.....

Aug 22, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #480 of 698
Like all IEMs, tips make a BIG difference on the EDP. I've been playing with tips and filters again and have dialled in 2 outstanding combos on the EDP:
With Tennmak Foams Black / Black accentuates bass and only clips the highs ever so slightly.

For silicone I've landed on the stock tips from Noble Audio. They have a medium bore openning thats right up the middle between the Stock IMR and the Azla Sedna with Black Bottom / Blue Top This set up really pulls all the low end grunt and texture with really nice mids and good clarity and sparkle up top.

I find the the IMR silicone tips (and all small bore like Final E) too narrow. The bass is a little overwhelming and some of the treble gets choked off. These Mid Bore tips from Noble are outstanding on these things.

IMG_20200822_154334.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back