IMR Acoustics EDP (Every Day Planar)
Aug 8, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #422 of 698
So I finally cracked and spent the ludicrous amount of $$ to buy 2x large SednaEarfit XELASTEC tips
Been listening for around an hour now on my IMR Rahs...

Conclusion... Well, the hype is real. I must own 30-40 different brands of ear tips but these are on a whole 'nother level
Its impressive how they manage to effect everything, the low end, the mids and the highs.
Its hard to explain but its like going from a really nice 1080p monitor to a 4k monitor

What baffles me though is how they seem to manage to make everything sound better. By better I mean more natural, balanced. They seem able to equalise everything to sounding more 'professional' highs are smoother but with greater clarity, the mids - vocals sound more natural. There is less low end than with my all time goto fav tips -NewBee foam- but if anything the low end is balanced much better in relation to the mids and highs. better decay etc etc

When you have been in this hobby for many years it gets rarer to find anything that can give you a fundamental increase in quality.
These tips are such a thing. Worth the price.

Interestingly, somewhere I have another sedna ear tip pair that must have come with some IEM's bought years ago, that was so good i tried for ages to find out what it was. Its only getting these now that I realise they are also Sedna's :)

Aug 8, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #423 of 698
Amazing. I have found the xelastecs to sound awful on everything but TinHifi P1. They kill the bass and create sibilance for me.

Aug 8, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #424 of 698
Amazing. I have found the xelastecs to sound awful on everything but TinHifi P1. They kill the bass and create sibilance for me.
What folks usually forget is how important synergy is. What sounds 'bad' on one thing might some great on another, Going back to and comparing them to my goto Foams they seem to balance everything out, give a more refined smooth sound, slightly warming everything up. So I should amend my impressions to say that they are have a 'characteristic' and when anything audio related has a 'characteristic' (and it is good) then it will be amazing with certain synergistic set ups but not so good with others. I wouldn't use the tips with a warm source + vinyl rip for example
Anyway, they are intriguing in the difference they can make
If you are looking for a more audiophile balance sound OR looking to slightly tone down down bright sources or indeed the P1 then they are certainly worth the price :)

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2020 at 7:43 PM Post #425 of 698
What folks usually forget is how important synergy is. What sounds 'bad' on one thing might some great on another, Going back to and comparing them to my goto Foams they seem to balance everything out, give a more refined smooth sound, slightly warming everything up. So I should amend my impressions to say that they are have a 'characteristic' and when anything audio related has a 'characteristic' (and it is good) then it will be amazing with certain synergistic set ups but not so good with others. I wouldn't use the tips with a warm source + vinyl rip for example
Anyway, they are intriguing in the difference they can make
If you are looking for a more audiophile balance sound OR looking to slightly tone down down bright sources or indeed the P1 then they are certainly worth the price :)

I agree with your sound impressions, but...... Xellastecs are very soft (+) and sticky (-). πŸ™„

Aug 8, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #426 of 698
I agree with your sound impressions, but...... Xellastecs are very soft (+) and sticky (-). πŸ™„

Sometimes I like the soft and sticky but sometimes . . . I prefer them to be firm
Depends what mood Im in :)

Aug 8, 2020 at 8:04 PM Post #427 of 698
What baffles me though is how they seem to manage to make everything sound better. By better I mean more natural, balanced. They seem able to equalise everything to sounding more 'professional' highs are smoother but with greater clarity, the mids - vocals sound more natural. There is less low end than with my all time goto fav tips -NewBee foam- but if anything the low end is balanced much better in relation to the mids and highs. better decay etc etc
Yep, that is quite what i also think about these new tips.
They balance out the sound fairly well. It takes a tiny bit of upper treble sparkle away but without messing up the sense of staging

Aug 8, 2020 at 8:40 PM Post #428 of 698
Sometimes I like the soft and sticky but sometimes . . . I prefer them to be firm
That sounds a little dirty
Keep it clean fellas ..... Hee Hee Hee LOL

Aug 8, 2020 at 9:17 PM Post #429 of 698
So I finally cracked and spent the ludicrous amount of $$ to buy 2x large SednaEarfit XELASTEC tips
Been listening for around an hour now on my IMR Rahs...

Conclusion... Well, the hype is real. I must own 30-40 different brands of ear tips but these are on a whole 'nother level
Its impressive how they manage to effect everything, the low end, the mids and the highs.
Its hard to explain but its like going from a really nice 1080p monitor to a 4k monitor

When you have been in this hobby for many years it gets rarer to find anything that can give you a fundamental increase in quality.
These tips are such a thing. Worth the price.

Interestingly, somewhere I have another sedna ear tip pair that must have come with some IEM's bought years ago, that was so good i tried for ages to find out what it was. Its only getting these now that I realise they are also Sedna's :)

Yep, a good tip. Cleans up the FR.
Just my funny ear thats more comfortable with foam based and couldn’t get a good seal with Xelestec- unable to make adjustment to get a better seal because of the stickiness once in the ear.

On the whole, at the expense of vocal. It took away the warm passionate feel of the Singers. An example is Mark Knopfler. Vocal sounds strange and gone was his throaty pronunciation. Tested it with his Golden Heart album.

Aug 9, 2020 at 6:07 AM Post #430 of 698

Sure, using Xelastec tips iems cannot accidentaly slip outside the ears; they stay in place very firmly, a must for Rah. On EDP i don't like 'em cause they cut trebles a bit and i find EDP is a little closed by itself IMHO.

Aug 9, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #431 of 698
Just my funny ear thats more comfortable with foam based and couldn’t get a good seal with Xelestec- unable to make adjustment to get a better seal because of the stickiness once in the ear.
Sounds like size issue. For IMR iems i usually go for smallee tips due to deeper insertion nozzles.

Also, if it is too sticky id suggest a gentle spray of this :ksc75smile: ;
71rE9kGAfzL._AC_SY879_.jpg

Aug 9, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #435 of 698
My funny ears can only except Large. Tried Xelestec from S, M and L, still unable to get a good fit. Gave up.

I also have huge ear holes. :/ I can only use Large of any tips - The Large Xelestec are a perfect fit for me though...luckily, but they looked huge out of the box !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back