Impressions of the Ortofon e-Q7 versus the IE8, CK100, SE530, FX500 and X10 (plus CK10 discussion from post #120)
Feb 25, 2010 at 12:14 PM Post #586 of 882
It's been interesting following the posts relating to the CK10. The initial descriptions of its sound signature was of a neutral and balanced phone. It's now looking more like a trebly phone, just as the IE8 is a bassy phone, the SE530 is a mid-centric phone and the TF10 is a phone with recessed mids.

Feb 25, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #587 of 882
Quote:

Originally Posted by googleli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I remember the diameter of SE530's nozzle is much smaller than that of e-Q7, how could you guys fit Shure's flange onto the e-Q7?

Who's fitting Shure's flanges onto the e-Q7, I believe rawrster et al. are talking about the CK10?

Feb 25, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #588 of 882
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
People have given contrary opinions, but some people fail to recognize that there are varying opinions and make statements on one side of the fence as fact.

Yes. I agree. By the same token, some people also fail to recognise that saying they feel the CK10 bass is light is not a personal slur on anyone who doesn't feel the same way. If those people could accept that not everyone has to be salivating over the CK10 bass to enjoy them, then this thread would be a lot more useful. Stooping to insults and attacks over an opposing opinion... well, it's hard to take those posters seriously.

I happen to like my CK10 despite the lack of bass presence. Not all negatives have to wipe out the positives.

As for your comment about 'moving on'... good advice.

Feb 25, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #589 of 882
James:I tried the eq on my touch and the sound became very muffeled and the clarity that the ck10 is known for is gone.I am trying to write a proper review now and will post it here but the summary of the review can be taken in 2 words:Balanced and fatiguing.

Feb 25, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #590 of 882
Quote:

Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
James:I tried the eq on my touch and the sound became very muffeled and the clarity that the ck10 is known for is gone.I am trying to write a proper review now and will post it here but the summary of the review can be taken in 2 words:Balanced and fatiguing.

FWIR iPod's EQ is like shxt...Using iPod EQ functions will cause sound distortion.

Feb 25, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #591 of 882
I am not sure if this was already mentioned somewhere before, but how's the bass and treble quantity on the CK10 compared to Triple.fi with the stock silicone tips? I just listened to the Triple.fi again today with the stock grey single flange silicone tips and it sounded boosted in the bass and treble.

Feb 25, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #592 of 882
I wrote a very very long review an indepth review to compare the ck10 and ie8 and fx500 but my stupid computer hung on me and everything Is erased.I am not sure I can write all this again but if anyone have a question regarding the ck10,feel free to ask me because what I wrote is very long and tiring to write again.

Feb 25, 2010 at 7:47 PM Post #593 of 882
Quote:

I wrote a very very long review an indepth review to compare the ck10 and ie8 and fx500 but my stupid computer hung on me and everything Is erased.I am not sure I can write all this again but if anyone have a question regarding the ck10,feel free to ask me because what I wrote is very long and tiring to write again.

Man, that sucks. It's always discouraging when your computer crashes and wipes out something you've worked on for hours, especially when it's a thorough, lengthy IEM review! Perhaps you can work up a more manageable sized one still, I would like to read your impressions.

Feb 25, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #594 of 882
Quote:

You trying to beat me to a comparison review
wink.gif

And yes, that computer crash thing sucks...looking forward to your writeup.

Feb 25, 2010 at 9:17 PM Post #596 of 882
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes. I agree. By the same token, some people also fail to recognise that saying they feel the CK10 bass is light is not a personal slur on anyone who doesn't feel the same way. If those people could accept that not everyone has to be salivating over the CK10 bass to enjoy them, then this thread would be a lot more useful. Stooping to insults and attacks over an opposing opinion... well, it's hard to take those posters seriously.

Well said.
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 25, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #597 of 882
Quote:

Originally Posted by james444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who's fitting Shure's flanges onto the e-Q7, I believe rawrster et al. are talking about the CK10?

that is correct. i do not have the eQ7 to try to put them on anyway.

Feb 25, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #598 of 882
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well said.
ksc75smile.gif

I think there's been enough (easy) talking already about someone that isnt able to reply anymore, isnt it a little cheapish to keep on adding on the subject given the circumstances? I thought it has been agreed by some people here that it would be wise to "move on", why not just do that, i personally am still interested in E-Q7 vs CK-10 vs MTP copper, one of which is gonna be my next purchase....

Feb 25, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #599 of 882
Quote:

Originally Posted by daouda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think there's been enough (easy) talking already about someone that isnt able to reply anymore, isnt it a little cheapish to keep on adding on the subject given the circumstances? I thought it has been agreed by some people here that it would be wise to "move on", why not just do that, i personally am still interested in E-Q7 vs CK-10 vs MTP copper, one of which is gonna be my next purchase....

douda i think the dude in question got banned after being attacking to kobayashi for no reason. looked pretty uncalled for if u ask me.

Feb 25, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #600 of 882
let's just all move on
smily_headphones1.gif
and i believe some people in here have some of those iem's coming in pretty soon so they might be able to make a nice comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back