Impressions of the Ortofon e-Q7 versus the IE8, CK100, SE530, FX500 and X10 (plus CK10 discussion from post #120)
Sep 10, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #871 of 882

Quote:
The e-Q7 are great with female vocals, but fit is a bit risky for very small ears. In that case I recommend the Final Audio heaven A (FI-BA-A1). These cost about the same and are easier to fit. I'd rate their sound quality even slightly higher, though build quality is not quite up to the e-Q7's. The CK100 aren't bad either, but I don't think they're worth their asking price.

Thanks. Which one do you think is better for Japanese female vocals the e-q7's or Final Audio heaven A (FI-BA-A1). I listen to a lot of Japanese female voclists old and new but mostly older ones like Zard. what are there sound signatures?

Thanks for your reply. 

Sep 10, 2011 at 3:52 AM Post #872 of 882
Both are great with female vocals, the e-Q7 are a bit more mid-forward, but the heaven A are slightly smoother. I'm afraid I can't say anything specific regarding Japanese female vocals, since I have no experience with them. Just click the links in my signature for more detailed info.

Sep 10, 2011 at 4:02 AM Post #873 of 882

Quote:
Both are great with female vocals, the e-Q7 are a bit more mid-forward, but the heaven A are slightly smoother. I'm afraid I can't say anything specific regarding Japanese female vocals, since I have no experience with them. Just click the links in my signature for more detailed info.

Thank you. I will have a look at the links
etysmile.gif

Sep 11, 2011 at 4:54 AM Post #874 of 882

Quote:

Hi,

I read the review between the heaven A and e-q7's. I also want to know which one is better the Heaven SB and e-q7's. In your opinion which is better for female vocals the Heaven SB or the e-q7's? Especially with emotional love songs by female vocals like Mariah Carey's Without you.

Thanks.

Thanks for your help.

Sep 11, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #875 of 882
The heaven S (FI-BA-SB) have the liveliest highs compared to the A1, e-Q7 and e-Q5. For my taste it's a bit too much with emotional female vocals, since I prefer a more relaxed sound. But if you like it very intense, the SBs might just be the ticket.

Take a look at these pictures below (from my other review), they should help you to get an idea of the sound signatures.

Quote:
e-Q7:

The e-Q7 have good contrast and paint a vivid picture, but they have the least treble of all contenders, so the pic looks a bit dark.

FI-BA-A1:

The A1 are more restrained, so the picture looks less vivid, but their better highs make it lighter. Detail also seems a bit better, but it's in fact due to better lighting (treble).

FI-BA-SB:

The SB have contrast and saturation, they paint the most vivid picture. Sharpness (detail) is about the same as with the others.

FI-BA-SS:

At last the SS have noticably better detail. They are almost as vivid as the SBs with high contrast and brightness.

Sep 12, 2011 at 4:25 AM Post #876 of 882

Quote:
The heaven S (FI-BA-SB) have the liveliest highs compared to the A1, e-Q7 and e-Q5. For my taste it's a bit too much with emotional female vocals, since I prefer a more relaxed sound. But if you like it very intense, the SBs might just be the ticket.

Take a look at these pictures below (from my other review), they should help you to get an idea of the sound signatures.

Thanks. I have just ordered the e-q7 and it should arrive next week. Can't wait. 
darthsmile.gif

May 27, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #878 of 882
No. But I have mine since a month and I love every bit of it, especially with contemporary music (Messiaen comes to mind).
I returned the IE80 I had bought in comparison : they looked much blockier, without that airiness I love in the EQ7. Granted, 
soundstage of the IE80 is wider, but tones are flatter.

Jun 27, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #880 of 882
Quote:
Bump. Can someone compare these to the Earsonics SM3 for me? I am debating which one to get and it is a hard choice.
Cheers

Very brief conparison from memory, both are balanced sounding IEMs with slightly forward mids and laid-back treble, but the SM3 are overal darker and lusher with weightier notes. The e-Q7 sound thinner, clearer and more transparent, but detail is actually a tad better on the Earsonics, it just gets somewhat buried in their darkish thick presentation. Dynamics are very good on both, but the SM3 scale slightly better if you like to listen very loud, whereas the e-Q7 start sounding a bit strained at high volume.

Soundstage is quite odd on the SM3, they have zero forward projection and you feel like being on stage with sounds coming from all sides. The Ortofons have a more "normal" soundstage with medium forward projection, like sitting in the front rows of a concert hall.

Hope this helps.
smile_phones.gif

Jul 9, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #882 of 882
can anyone here comare the CK-10 with the EQ-7 ?

is eq7 a worthy companion to the ck10 ? i know it's quite an old iem (came out in 2009 if i remember correct) and i wonder whether the new model eq-8 is a much better option

thanx for any info .....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back