[Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price.
Jun 18, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #181 of 636
Quote:
Can anyone chimenin on how the X3 sounds compared to thr 5.5g iPod video through LOD?

FIRST i NEED TO SAY THAT i AM A COMPLETE NEWBIE..
I have 5.5 video rockboxed + E12 + [size=medium]Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro-250 Ohm and in compare it with X3 + the same headphones - iPod+E12 sounds better for me..[/size]
[size=medium]The sound is brighter and more powerful and cleaner bass also..[/size]
[size=medium]May be it is because the power of X3 is not the same as E12 and for the 250 Ohm phones this is the case. [/size]
[size=medium]I can't  try any other good headphones or in-ear monitors because I don't have one. I am waiting for Sony MDR-1R to try it .. [/size]
[size=medium]Right now I am curious am I need to sell my iPod and E12 or not?[/size]

Jun 18, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #183 of 636
Quote:
I have 5.5 video rockboxed + E12 + [size=medium]Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro-250 Ohm and in compare it with X3 + the same headphones - iPod+E12 sounds better for me..[/size]
[size=medium]The sound is brighter and more powerful and cleaner bass also..[/size]
[size=medium]May be it is because the power of X3 is not the same as E12 and for the 250 Ohm phones this is the case. [/size]
[size=medium]I can't  try any other good headphones or in-ear monitors because I don't have one. I am waiting for Sony MDR-1R to try it .. [/size]
[size=medium]Right now I am curious am I need to sell my iPod and E12 or not?[/size]

Quote:
I received my X3 yesterday.
To me, the X3 is better than the iPod classic overall. But I prefer the iPod classic with E11 to the X3.

To the both of you.....make sure when you are doing these comparisons that you are matching the volume levels as closely as possible.

Jun 18, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #184 of 636
Quote:

Ummm... did you by any chance try the E12 with the X3  
confused.gif
? That would be more logical to compare to the iPod+E12 rather than just the X3 alone. The E12 is a powerful little amp and makes a huge difference when used or not used with your source.

Jun 18, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #186 of 636
Quote:

confused.gif
? That would be more logical to compare to the iPod+E12 rather than just the X3 alone. The E12 is a powerful little amp and makes a huge difference when used or not used with your source.

Apple doesn't say they could drive 250 Ohm headphones with iPod, but X3 specs has this line, correct?
So - for iPod I need an amp but for X3 I do not need, based on that spec.
I agree that for correct comparison it would be better to connect iPod to E17 because X3 is close to that amp characteristics.  
What I want to say is that I wanted to use my 250 Ohm phones with X3 and I can use it, but for better sound I need amp or I need 32 Ohm phones maybe.

Jun 18, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #187 of 636
Quote:
Can you please clarify how to do this - only based on personal feeling?

The scientific way to do it would be record the outputs and replaygain scan them and compare the results until you get matching levels, but many of us don't have the necessary stuff to do that. So if you are doing it by ear, just do it somewhere with no distractions and concentrate. Try to minimize the time spent switching from one device to the other.....audio memory is rather short-term.
smile.gif

Jun 18, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #188 of 636
Quote:
but for better sound I need amp or I need 32 Ohm phones maybe.

^This. And since you already have the E12 and the X3... you're already set. Don't complicate things for yourself by switching headphones.

But if you absolutely want something that the X3 can push on its own, then, yes get a low ohm portable can for on the go.

Jun 18, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #189 of 636
Quote:

^This. And since you already have the E12 and the X3... you're already set. Don't complicate things for yourself by switching headphones.

But if you absolutely want something that the X3 can push on its own, then, yes get a low ohm portable can for on the go.

That is why I've ordered MDR-1R. Thank you for your comments.
Quote:
confused.gif

Will do!

Jun 19, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #190 of 636
I'm really interested in this DAP. I'm wanting to move away from smartphone audio (Currently using the Voodoo'd Galaxy S, but I want to upgrade phone soon and apparently most every phone pales in comparison to it, and I don't want to worry about my phone's battery life being eaten up) and this looks like a great, inexpensive player for my M80s, and a step up in SQ from my phone. Three questions I have about it:

1. Will the inline controls on the v-moda's cable work with the X3?
2. Is it stable yet? I wonder if it will get the Rockbox treatment...
3. Where the hell can I buy it? I've only found it from Hong Kong sellers on eBay.

Thanks!

Jun 21, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #191 of 636
$200? Confirmed?

If so, I will definitely be $200 poorer when this thing hits US shores (Amazon's  where I bought all of my other FiiO products). Despite how good my phone has been in that role (Meizu MX, so it's been very good in that role), I'd like to not tie it up when I want to listen to music. That's the excuse I'm using to spend money and I'm sticking to it!

Does anyone know the upper level of headphones that the X3 can drive? Specifically, I have the HE-400 and HD6000 in mind.

Jun 21, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #193 of 636
How long does a nearly full 64 GB MicroSD card take to load? And is there s sleep mode like on an iPod? Or does it just turn off?

Jun 21, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #194 of 636
Quote:
How long does a nearly full 64 GB MicroSD card take to load? And is there s sleep mode like on an iPod? Or does it just turn off?

1, it will take quite long time to update the music lab but the second time is quite fast because X3 need time to scan all the sound tracks and adds all the tags, but next time it just need to update the sound tracks which deleted or added. 

anyway, all depended on the quantity of sound tracks,  

2, There are not sleep mode but just turn on/off.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 24, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #195 of 636
Quote:

1, it will take quite long time to update the music lab but the second time is quite fast because X3 need time to scan all the sound tracks and adds all the tags, but next time it just need to update the sound tracks which deleted or added. 

anyway, all depended on the quantity of sound tracks,  

2, There are not sleep mode but just turn on/off.

James,

I think what TJ Max was asking about is a "sleep mode" that will turn the player off after a certain amount of time.

The X3 has this "sleep mode" aka "auto sleep" feature, which can be set from 15 to 60 minutes, according to ClieOS's review in the original post of this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back