[Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price.
May 20, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #76 of 636
Quote:
Can we expect the x3 in Germany? I noticed that in Germany it's hard to get fiio products.

End of July, but you can  reserve one currently! Check out Headsound. Hope that helped :)

May 20, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #78 of 636
Quote:
ClieOS, how many seconds does your X3 take to power on and play it's 1st album? Please kindly comment. For reference, please mention the amount (in GB) of music and file type(s) on your X3. Thanks!

Power on (from pressing the power button, FiiO logo showing up to Now Playing (*when resuming) or main menu): 8 seconds.
Power down: 4 seconds

I have 5.25GB (out of 7GB of usable on board memory) of music on board. Roughly around 8GB on my 64GB SDXC card (FAT32 formatted). There is almost no time delay on reading either the onboard memory or SDXC card using the file browser. The only thing that takes quite a lot of time is when you are scanning/updating the ID3 library (but not when using it). That's why I don't use the Library function at all (set it to manual) and instead just using the file browser.

May 20, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #79 of 636
I would like to know one thing, 
Reading the thread, someone had Achmedisdead posted that because the X3 has much higher output power, 500mW into 16 Ohms, it's battery will discharge at a faster rate. I want to ask, if a player like the X3 is measured to be able to put 500mW into 16Ohms, it does not mean that the player is putting the 500 or so mW into the 16ohm phones all the time, right?
Also, power being delivered to a particular set of phones is going to be decided by the Volume at which the user is listening to the music right?
Please note, am not trying to offend Achmedisdead, just trying to clear up my concepts.

Regards

May 20, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #80 of 636
Quote:
I would like to know one thing, 
Reading the thread, someone had Achmedisdead posted that because the X3 has much higher output power, 500mW into 16 Ohms, it's battery will discharge at a faster rate. I want to ask, if a player like the X3 is measured to be able to put 500mW into 16Ohms, it does not mean that the player is putting the 500 or so mW into the 16ohm phones all the time, right?
Also, power being delivered to a particular set of phones is going to be decided by the Volume at which the user is listening to the music right?
Please note, am not trying to offend Achmedisdead, just trying to clear up my concepts.

Regards

It is the maximum power into a 16ohm load while keeping the noise at 1% (*a common HiFi standard). Of course you are not going to actually get all 500mW since your headphone will likely get too loud way before that. It is just to show how much power is available, if you ever need it.

May 20, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #81 of 636
Quote:

It is the maximum power into a 16ohm load while keeping the noise at 1% (*a common HiFi standard). Of course you are not going to actually get all 500mW since your headphone will likely get too loud way before that. It is just to show how much power is available, if you ever need it.

the output power is tested with a sine wave signal ( 1KHZ), it is not a music signal . none will listening to a sine wave signal, below is the signal of a signal wave and a music .

Test Siganl ( sine wave ) 

Music

If we use Music signal to test the output power, the test result will change all the time. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 20, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #84 of 636
Ok, so I'm definitely willing to give this thing a try. Do we have a hard date as to when this will be dropping in the US and any chance to get some early sets out for reviews, like how the e12 was done? Either way this is going to be a great product. Its an improved more powerful e17 with a quality player thrown in. What's not to like? I never thought that I would ever buy a DAP to be honest. Thought of it as a waist of money when I already have an iPhone iPad MacBook Pro and work PC with a decent DAC built in but when it has this kind of amp I'll just use this as my new portable amp and player and kill three birds with one stone (amp,dac,player). At least at this price point if I don't like it I can always sale it and not worry vs spending a mortgage payment on a music player with half the features and minus the amp... Win Win 

Great job yet again Fiio.

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

May 21, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #88 of 636
May 21, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #89 of 636
I can't wait!  I'm already saving money so I can get one as soon as I hear about the polished firmware. So I can get every last min of battery life before I put my money down. Way to go FiiO for a DAP other than Apple and thanks ClieOS for a great review.

May 21, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #90 of 636
I really wish for a DX50 comparison :D They seem to be competing head to heads again after Ibasso loosing the E17 vs D-Zero fight last year...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back