[Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price.
May 19, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #61 of 636
Hey ClieOS, do you have any experience with Cowon devices? I know they're different from the X3 in terms of features, but I was just curious to know. I've always been interested in a Cowon product due to their stunning designs and supposed good audio quality but I've never jumped the gun on them. Part of me says to get the X3 due to a variety of reasons (25/96 playback, line out, etc.), but the other part of me is saying to wait until a J3+ is released (hopefully carrying the J3's legendary battery life, awesome user interface that can be adjusted, etc.).

May 19, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #62 of 636
May 19, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #63 of 636
Great review.  I may have to look at this when it comes out.  I use my ipod classic now with a line out cable but would like another portable device to take along with me.  This sounds perfect.  

Now if only I can find another good program that will organize all my music for me like how well itunes works.. i may be able leave apple all together.  I may need to try out DoubleTwist.  

May 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #64 of 636
Quote:
It has been mentioned in the navigation section of the review. It is called 'favorites'.

That seems like a "to go" favorite list that is created on the player itself.  Can you create a custom playlist in Media Monkey and transfer it to the X3?  And does it support multiple playlists or just 1?

Thanks for the comprehensive review. Very informative.

May 19, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #66 of 636
Quote:

That seems like a "to go" favorite list that is created on the player itself.  Can you create a custom playlist in Media Monkey and transfer it to the X3?  And does it support multiple playlists or just 1?

Thanks for the comprehensive review. Very informative.

M3U files (playlist) is not supported, as far as I know. Only CUE is supported, but it isn't exactly a playlist.

May 19, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #67 of 636
Quote:
Hey ClieOS, do you have any experience with Cowon devices? I know they're different from the X3 in terms of features, but I was just curious to know. I've always been interested in a Cowon product due to their stunning designs and supposed good audio quality but I've never jumped the gun on them. Part of me says to get the X3 due to a variety of reasons (25/96 playback, line out, etc.), but the other part of me is saying to wait until a J3+ is released (hopefully carrying the J3's legendary battery life, awesome user interface that can be adjusted, etc.).

Cowon seems intent on going the way of the buffalo with their latest releases, so I wouldn't hold your breath. My question about the X3 for James: When will distributors in Vietnam have the X3? June, July or later? Thanks in advance.

May 19, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #69 of 636
hi people, and ClieOs thanks for your beautiful review. as an old hm601 user i can't help but wonder :
how do they (x3 vs 601 / 602) compare in terms of
- detail retrieval in music (i think 601s sound is a highly detailed one)
- instrument separation
- soundstage
also, do you think that flat frequency of x3 w/o the roll-off seen in 602 bring more "air" to music?

May 20, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #70 of 636
hi people, and ClieOs thanks for your beautiful review. as an old hm601 user i can't help but wonder :
- instrument separation
- soundstage
also, do you think that flat frequency of x3 w/o the roll-off seen in 602 bring more "air" to music?

Actually I'm curious about the HM-601 comparison too. I didn't find the 601 detailed per se, but it had really great texture in the bass and midrange.

Also, CliOS, can Rockbox be installed on the X3? I know there was a giant debate about it in the old old X3 thread.

May 20, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #72 of 636
Quote:
Actually I'm curious about the HM-601 comparison too. I didn't find the 601 detailed per se, but it had really great texture in the bass and midrange.

Also, CliOS, can Rockbox be installed on the X3? I know there was a giant debate about it in the old old X3 thread.

No Rockbox for the X3.

May 20, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #73 of 636
Quote:
- instrument separation
- soundstage

Detail is slightly better on the X3, but not something very noticeable during a brief listening since the two are more alike than they are different. Yes, the most obvious part is that X3 has better air, and you can hear the crispiness of the note extends just a tap higher. Instrument separation is better on the X3, but again not vastly. This is mostly due to better channel separation on the X3. Soundstage is slightly better on the HM602, which is more rounded. In comparison, X3 has better depth but slightly lesser width, so the soundstage is more elongated to the front. But on the other hand, it is much darker than HM602.

Quote:

No RB, and likely never will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back