IM716 for $49 on Dec 3rd, buy.com
Dec 8, 2007 at 7:59 PM Post #137 of 201
jesus, im716 prices are dropping a lot

i ordered mine in november from newegg, $82 + 5 shipping, and at that price, and it was really cheap already... but now, c'mon, $50, damn, I'm pissed
mad.gif

amazon is seeling them for x2 price!

Dec 8, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #139 of 201
For any Buy.com buyers waiting, mine came today via USPS. Looking forward to getting the pod removed and having them modded by Moon Audio. Don't care much for the pod, but they sound pretty good out of the box. Have to A/B test them with the 616s. Curious to hear the difference. I am going to sell one of the two, to a friend. Probably the 616s, which were $39 on Buy.com a few weeks back. Thanks, Buy.com.

Dec 8, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #140 of 201
Shipped! I'll probably get them at the end of next week. I'm pretty pumped!

@Torpy: They may have shipped, but I haven't received them yet!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 9, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #145 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by gp_hebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Buy.com - Altec Lansing High Definition Noise Free Headphone Etymotic Research Earbuds - IM716

It looks like the deal is back! Any US head-fier willing to buy me a set? I can offer a small reward in money... PM me if you're interested.
smily_headphones1.gif

That deal has been there since Monday's sale ended. But the problem is that it's on order, which means that Buy.com has no specific date when they will receive more of the product. So there would be no firm shipping date.

Dec 10, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #147 of 201
Just tested them with an ipod nano unamped. The sound is incredibly soft, I turned the pod volume the highest it could go and maxed the volume on the nano and could barely hear anything. With my other IEMs, halfway mark on the nano volume and my ears are blasted.

Dec 10, 2007 at 4:00 PM Post #148 of 201
Deusofhearts, check to see if your sound check is OFF under settings as well as the volume limit raised to the max. I'm surprised it is actually that quiet, but you could always do a podectomy and choose low value resistors. See thread on podectomy.

Dec 11, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #149 of 201
Dec 11, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #150 of 201
Just got mine today, hate to say it but these phones suck. No efficency and no bass. You may think I don't know what is good, I own a pair of dynaudio contours 3.3 speakers with a simaudio titan amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back