IM716 for $49 on Dec 3rd, buy.com
Dec 2, 2007 at 10:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 201

stevenjchang

500+ Head-Fier
question: are these comparable to the ep4s or the ep4p...which one? what if i want to use this without an amp??? (i have an amp, but i want to sell it.... not use to the bulk)

Altec Lansing High Definition Noise Free Headphone Etymotic Research Earbuds $48 w/ coupon or $40 AGCO + FS **Starts 12-3 at 12AM PST** - SlickDeals.net Forums

take another $10 off using google check out for the first time

this price is effective on monday, dec 3rd

hmmmm, should i get these? i've been thinking about the JBL 220 Reference Canal phones on amazon, for $35... but for $40.... hmmmm
which should i buy?

Dec 2, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #3 of 201
Would this be a worthy upgrade to the Super.fi 3?
I'm just worried about filters and tip compatibility (Shure, Westone,...)

Dec 2, 2007 at 11:21 PM Post #4 of 201
Wow, that is incredibly hot.

You can just make your own 'filter' (which sounds better) if you don't want to order the ety8 filters.
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #6 of 201
filter is used to shape the sound and also to protect the driver from earwax. if you have a lot of earwax it can build up and dampen the sound. simply clean your ears, use some olive oil every so often and rinse out.

filters arn't replacable/made anymore, as altec lansing doesn't support it anymore. tips are compatable with ety/shure/westone/etc but not UE.

regardless, super deal, thanks slickdeals.net. i want to step away from IEMs but this is kindof a good deal.. don't forget the podectomy!

Dec 3, 2007 at 12:07 AM Post #10 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenjchang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is great news
i guess i will be getting them

also, where can i get the podectomy done if i cant do it myself, plus, how much do you think someone would charge?

Apparently, Moon Audio will do it for around $30. I checked their website, however, and didn't find any mention of it. I would email them. That would bring the total price to around $75, which would be, according to what I've read, a complete STEAL!
smily_headphones1.gif

But I'm still wondering, would this be a good place to go after the SF3s?
And how often would filters need to be replaced?

Dec 3, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #11 of 201
Buy.com sold the im616s last month for $39, and I got a pair. Glad I did. Also, I bought the Ety 8 filters for them (red ones), but what can be done instead (what is the mod?). The black Ety foamies and the FS beige ones both are great with the ALs.

Dec 3, 2007 at 1:05 AM Post #12 of 201
anyone willing to help me get a pair?
biggrin.gif

Dec 3, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #13 of 201
Wow, thanks so much for the heads up, definitely snatching a pair of these up
biggrin.gif

Dec 3, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #14 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Buy.com sold the im616s last month for $39, and I got a pair. Glad I did. Also, I bought the Ety 8 filters for them (red ones), but what can be done instead (what is the mod?). The black Ety foamies and the FS beige ones both are great with the ALs.

Pierce the filter and get rid of the lining, Then shove some foam (I took some from my MS1 comfy pads) into the filter body and put it back in. The mids and bass improves a bit
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back