ikko OH10
Jul 2, 2022 at 11:53 PM Post #286 of 428
Ok so I've had an interesting revelation as to why I've liked my OH10 so much. I hadn't pulled out my Grado 325is (2014-ish version) in a month or more, and while listening to a particular track, I thought I wonder how the OH10 compares to the Grado. Yeah I know, open headphone vs closed IEM. But that was the revelation: everyone comments on the wide, holographic Soundstage of the OH10, and yes, in fact they sound very similar to the super lively Grado SR325is. The OH10 does a great job sounding like an open headphone.

This may surprise people because Grado's are often misreprested as having little bass. But that's not accurate of many of the mid- and upper-level Grado line, especially. the ne 'X' models.

So if any of you OH10 fans wish you had a headphone that sounds similar to their presentation, you should look into Grado! I've been all the way up to the RS1e and PS500, both superb, but only a little better than the SR325, which is the really sweet spot on Grado's IMO.

Jul 14, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #287 of 428
I still have the OH10 for a while now and I am still impressed. I have found that the canal length of the tips has an impact on the bass response. Once I found the right tips it was perfect. A lot of reviews say some of the vocal range is recessed but I do not find that to be the case at all. I think it depends on the tips and the pairing with the DAP as I am using the Shanling M5s. I usually grow tired of what I have and will be interested in trying something new but not yet with these. I have heard far more expensive IEMS and although they can sound more refined for the discerning listener they are no where near as fun where you can emotionally feel the bite.
One of the most off putting things in audio is marginal gains for spending a lot of money. I was somewhat impressed at the time with the Blon BL 03 signature even with the bloaty bass but once I heard the 0H10 it was a clear level up everywhere. Can anyone recommend another IEM that is a level up from the OH10 as I don't mind spending a little more. Not for analytical refinement as I have that already but for that fun sound.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #288 of 428
I still have the OH10 for a while now and I am still impressed. I have found that the canal length of the tips has an impact on the bass response. Once I found the right tips it was perfect. A lot of reviews say some of the vocal range is recessed but I do not find that to be the case at all. I think it depends on the tips and the pairing with the DAP as I am using the Shanling M5s. I usually grow tired of what I have and will be interested in trying something new but not yet with these. I have heard far more expensive IEMS and although they can sound more refined for the discerning listener they are no where near as fun where you can emotionally feel the bite.
One of the most off putting things in audio is marginal gains for spending a lot of money. I was somewhat impressed at the time with the Blon BL 03 signature even with the bloaty bass but once I heard the 0H10 it was a clear level up everywhere. Can anyone recommend another IEM that is a level up from the OH10 as I don't mind spending a little more. Not for analytical refinement as I have that already but for that fun sound.
Check out the JQ Audio U4 Pro I am going to get one and has similar sound the the fabled Xenns Tea MKii but slightly less spice and the high end should be the same just more defined than our OH10. A step up in my opinion without killing the wallet and fit with that UIEM Resin shell will be top notch.

C$ 287.01 10%OFF | JQ 4U Pro 10 Unit Hybrid Drive Headphones Extremely High Frequency Drive IEM HIFI Monitor MUSE JCALLY TRI Timeless Dioko S12
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msNDVyE

Jul 20, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #290 of 428
Hey guys. Would you recommend OH10 for slow and heavy music like sludge/ post-metal/ stoner/ doom? Upon reading reviews, I'm assuming it should fit the bill.
Yes.

Jul 20, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #291 of 428
Jul 20, 2022 at 11:41 PM Post #294 of 428
We love our Obsidian and just for poops and grins ordered a $20 pair of OKCSC A800 of a rec and damn if they sound like the OH10 just add a tayna filter and turn them up good fun.
C$ 19.91 2%OFF | Tanchjim Oxygen, Hana, oxygen limited Self-adhere Professional Earphone Dust Network Shell Steel Mesh Filter Screen

Jul 21, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #296 of 428
Hey guys. Would you recommend OH10 for slow and heavy music like sludge/ post-metal/ stoner/ doom? Upon reading reviews, I'm assuming it should fit the bill.
Yes, but for me the OH10 really makes any music prior to 90's (or whenever engineers started turning up the rap-bass setting!) sound fuller. It finds the low end that is there but just not up in the mix and boosts it with a very natural sound, without mushing up the lower mids or anything else. All my 70's music sounds great with the OH10.

Aug 7, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #297 of 428
I wanted to find something to best my Ikko OH10.
I decided to go head to head with my Ikko OH10 vs the LETSHUOER S12 that everyone is raving about. I also upgraded my player from the Shanling M5 to the M6 pro which was a big leap in sound quality that makes the OH10s sound holographic.
The S12 are16ohms but they are inefficient compared to the 18ohms OH10. You needed to pump in more volume to get the S12 to the sweet spot.
I know burn in is a thing but I did not have to give the S12s time as I knew right away that they just cant match the magical immersiveness of the ikko or its grand sound. The S12s treble can sound a little less veiled but once it gets something complex thrown at it, it falls apart and is a little rough. The OH10 might not have the most resolving highs as a very expensive IEM but it is smooth and controlled.
The S12 is not bad and sounds good but it lacks that expansive sound the OH10 has that sounds like full sized headphones.
If Ikko makes another set at at price point of $300 that is an Improvement over the OH10 I would buy it. I seen a pair of the OH7 selling for $500 used on EBay and I would normally say I do not care how an IEM looks but I do care just because it looks ugly that only an opulent person would wear.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2022 at 3:51 PM Post #298 of 428
I wanted to find something to best my Ikko OH10.
I decided to go head to head with my Ikko OH10 vs the LETSHUOER S12 that everyone is raving about. I also upgraded my player from the Shanling M5 to the M6 pro which was a big leap in sound quality that makes the OH10s sound holographic.
The S12 are16ohms but they are inefficient compared to the 18ohms OH10. You needed to pump in more volume to get the S12 to the sweet spot.
I know burn in is a thing but I did not have to give the S12s time as I knew right away that they just cant match the magical immersiveness of the ikko or its grand sound. The S12s treble can sound a little less veiled but once it gets something complex thrown at it, it falls apart and is a little rough. The OH10 might not have the most resolving highs as a very expensive IEM but it is smooth and controlled.
The S12 is not bad and sounds good but it lacks that expansive sound the OH10 has that sounds like full sized headphones.
If Ikko makes another set at at price point of $300 that is an Improvement over the OH10 I would buy it. I seen a pair of the OH7 selling for $500 used on EBay and I would normally say I do not care how an IEM looks but I do care just because it looks ugly that only an opulent person would wear.

I’m a big fan of the OH10 Obsidian as well. It has a very satisfying tone to it. The copper housing seems to really make a difference. It has an exceptionally large soundstage and has fantastic instrument separation. The bass section is also nearly perfect to my ear.

The S12 is a completely different animal. It’s planar, so it doesn’t have the same thick, rich bass as the Obsidian but it‘s bass section is notably more detailed. Concurrently the Obsidian has cleaner treble with more detail than the S12.

Nice comparison overall. I’d say these two are in the same general class in terms of excellence. Like you I’d happily pay more for upgraded versions of both of these sets. Ikko and Letshuoer have an excellent base to build on with the Obsidian and the S12.

Aug 7, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #299 of 428
I’m a big fan of the OH10 Obsidian as well. It has a very satisfying tone to it. The copper housing seems to really make a difference. It has an exceptionally large soundstage and has fantastic instrument separation. The bass section is also nearly perfect to my ear.

The S12 is a completely different animal. It’s planar, so it doesn’t have the same thick, rich bass as the Obsidian but it‘s bass section is notably more detailed. Concurrently the Obsidian has cleaner treble with more detail than the S12.

Nice comparison overall. I’d say these two are in the same general class in terms of excellence. Like you I’d happily pay more for upgraded versions of both of these sets. Ikko and Letshuoer have an excellent base to build on with the Obsidian and the S12.

Satisfying is the best description but like a lot of people in this hobby I am curious if there is more. I was satisfied with my previous gear but when I auditioned friends gear or new stuff I have taken a chance on where I sometimes did hear more that I thought was not possible and that is why I keep rolling the dice but most times its marginal especially for the cost or its worse. This is one of those situations. I am happy either way to keep trying maybe next year when the next best IEM is hyped up like the S12s.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2022 at 10:02 PM Post #300 of 428

The OH7 is very very different from the OH10.

The OH7 is a single DD and it has great timbre and tonality, but is a bit limited in technical performance compared to some other TOTL IEMs at that price range. I do think it is quite overpriced actually, $500 is worth a consideration but not at the original pricing. The 90 ohm impedance also makes it quite hard to drive. I think the OH10 actually has better soundstage than the OH7, and the OH7 on actual haptics feels a bit cheap - as though it was plastic with a gold paint over it, and a huge seam on the shell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back