ikko OH10
Jun 7, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #271 of 428
I just ordered a 2nd pair of the Obsidian OH10 from AliExpress for the $139 + tax. I couldn't get any of the discounts to work, but still an excellent price for such a good IEM.

Nothing wrong with my 1st set, and this is the first time I've bought a 2nd set of the same IEM, no matter how cheap! I didn't want to find myself with a broken or lost set!

I don't think enough has been made about the copper / metal housing of the OH10! When comparing the OH10 several other very light plastic / resin body IEMs, the OH10 just has a note-weight that none of the others could match. And, the weight of the IEM doesn't bother me, in fact it gives them a sense of securely settling in my ear.

Jun 7, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #272 of 428
I just ordered a 2nd pair of the Obsidian OH10 from AliExpress for the $139 + tax. I couldn't get any of the discounts to work, but still an excellent price for such a good IEM.

Nothing wrong with my 1st set, and this is the first time I've bought a 2nd set of the same IEM, no matter how cheap! I didn't want to find myself with a broken or lost set!

I don't think enough has been made about the copper / metal housing of the OH10! When comparing the OH10 several other very light plastic / resin body IEMs, the OH10 just has a note-weight that none of the others could match. And, the weight of the IEM doesn't bother me, in fact it gives them a sense of securely settling in my ear.

Completely agree. This is a really good set. If anyone is on the fence at this point like I was? Get them. They’re excellent.

Jun 7, 2022 at 7:42 PM Post #273 of 428

You animal that was a great price too post the link if it's still available maybe others reading this who have not pick one up yet will take the fantastic plunge. I call them Obsidian everywhere to support Dan's Audio Reviews! 😃 LOL

Jun 8, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #274 of 428
Jun 8, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #275 of 428
Jun 8, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #276 of 428
RIght, well, I've never even heard an IEM or headphone over $500, so have no idea what the upper strata sounds like (Focal Utopia, 64Audio, EA Odin, etc.) !! OH10 sounds very satisfying every time I put them in, and that has prevented me from spending lots of money for a little bit of improvement.

Jun 8, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #277 of 428
RIght, well, I've never even heard an IEM or headphone over $500, so have no idea what the upper strata sounds like (Focal Utopia, 64Audio, EA Odin, etc.) !! OH10 sounds very satisfying every time I put them in, and that has prevented me from spending lots of money for a little bit of improvement.

My most expensive set is an original series Andromeda. It beats the OH10 in technicality and overall flatness of response. The Andromeda sounds kind of like listening to really good studio monitors. They have a wide soundstage too, though I think the OH10 may edge them out in that regard. Also, the Andromeda is all balanced armatures VS the OH10’s hybrid setup.

In comparison I’d say that the OH10 is less technical and more musical. The high end rolls off sooner than the Andromeda while the bass extends further down. The OH10 is warmer, as you’d expect a dynamic driver to be. The OH10’s signature comes very close to matching my ideal, so I can accept the slight loss of detail for the gain in more musical/less reference sound. Both are excellent in different ways, and frankly I’m a little surprised to be comparing them straight across. The OH10 is that good in my opinion. Maybe it’s placebo but I swear I can hear the slight metallic quality of the interior plating.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #278 of 428
IMG_20220611_012012.jpg

Jun 10, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #279 of 428
Jun 22, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #284 of 428
Edit: I may have made a cardinal sin and not spent enough time tip rolling before I gave my opinion. I tried a bunch that have worked with all my other pairs but for some reason these require me to size up. I'm going to keep tweaking before/if I give an opinion.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2022 at 10:54 AM Post #285 of 428
Got my pair just now: And yes, tip rolling required, initially i used my regular size tips and boy was the bass muddy and overwhelming. First tried to compare these to my galaxy buds pro, but these way better and comparison to those is irrelevant. Now only stuff i can currently compare these to are my headphones, which cost 10x so not good neither but here goes: Low end is really srtong and i guess i need to try to find some other tips as to me low end is muddy and has only so much detail, remember that comparison is made to ADX5000. But for a bass loving person, this bass is bliss, and if these were available wireless i would use these as my NO 1. sports iems. Midrange is fairly good, suprisingly good, guitar and vocals sound OK, drums sound really good, excluding the bass drum. Detail is there, somewhat, no mini or microdetails present, but for a 170e iem, not bad at all. High end is the strong suite of these, and highs sound pleasing, not too bright but have enough detail in them. Soundstage is suprisingly wide for an IEM, was pleasantly suprized. Worth the money? if you enjoy bass, yes.

oh yeah, comfort is really good, i dont feel the weight of these is a problem. Cable is nice, nothing too fancy but gets the job done.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back