ikko OH10
Jul 15, 2019 at 6:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 426

cn11

Headphoneus Supremus
Launching a thread for this IEM, as I just got a pair in and it's fan-freakin'-tastic... especially when retail cost is considered. Maybe I hear a slight bit of upper midrange glare, but most other things about it are hard to fault.

Post impressions, photos, whatever.

Audio123 unboxing impressions:
https://audio123reviews.com/2019/06/13/ikko-oh10/

A couple quotes from audio123 (some of the only impressions I can really find):
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/page-1636#post-15021924

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/page-1634#post-15020780
(compared to Moondrop KXXS)

A few early thoughts so far:

Been doing a little tip rolling tonight, and comparison listening with the Oxygen & Z1R... So far the OH10 is really holding its own with these. Definitely early at this point, and the dynamic driver hasn't had much burn in time, but I'm liking what I'm hearing. There's more extension on top and bottom than the Oxygen, with a larger sense of space. Alongside the Z1R, it has a more energetic presentation, with more full bodied mids, and a taller stage. Z1R has a more refined, smoother feel with its level of detailing, but a more distant (yet wider) sense of space. Not as much height though (which is one of my main criticisms of it). Hopefully it'll just keep getting better with burn in.

Positives:
> Soundstage
> Bass -- deeply extended authoritative lows, good level of mid-bass without bleed into rest of range.
> Decent treble extension.
> Full bodied, lifelike midrange... vocals sound very good.
> Faceted minimal design aesthetic.
> Price!

Unfavorables:
> The cable... argh -- flimsy, most tangle prone cable I've ever had, and the ear loops are waaayy too long getting looped over on themselves. And no chin slider - big pet peeve of mine.
> 2-pin connection seems too weak from the very start, and I am paranoid that it'll loosen to the point of risking a shell falling off after several cable changes (if one gets into different aftermarket cables).
> Slight driver flex w/the dynamic when putting in ear.
> Minor glare in upper midrange (maybe source & tip dependent??).

upload_2019-7-20_12-26-14.png

upload_2019-7-20_12-26-58.png

upload_2019-7-20_12-27-45.png

upload_2019-7-20_12-30-32.png

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #2 of 426
Jul 15, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #3 of 426
I hear you re selling phones to purchase other phones. I have had to do a bit of that lately myself. I took a chance though on the OH10, and am really glad I did.

Jul 16, 2019 at 6:27 AM Post #4 of 426
I hear you re selling phones to purchase other phones. I have had to do a bit of that lately myself. I took a chance though on the OH10, and am really glad I did.
Was doing that and then the alternator went out in my car which was around a $500 hit. Life gets in the way of HP purchases sometimes LOL.

Jul 18, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #5 of 426
I had ‘em, but returned them.

I thought the 16 grams per earpiece was going to be an issue and it was. But not for the obvious reason. Because of their inherent girth, I found them easier to seat properly, versus the OH1. No discomfort during a 2 hr. Listening session. The issue came about when using them in public. When there was a need to listen to someone, I couldn’t leave the earpiece hanging over my ear, like I can with the OH1.

In comparison to the OH1, not enough of a difference to choose the 10s. This could be related to my music source, Spotify Premium.

Jul 21, 2019 at 3:22 AM Post #7 of 426
How is this for classical?
If remotely like OH1: not ideal :)

Maybe with serious EQ. OH1 tuning makes classical sound ‘cartoonish’ due to sound signature. Like, how one might expect classical music adapted to a chase scene in a modern Disney movie.. it still can still sound ‘good’, just not ‘normal’ and definitely not close to reference.

Note big “dip” - https://crinacle.com/graphs/ikko-oh10/ in FR graph. The OH1 was also lacking in sufficient treble extension and it looks like the OH10 might be in a similar boat.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #8 of 426
How does the sub-bass on the OH10 compare to something like the FiiO FH5 or Sony XBA-N3 that have real deep, weighty sub-bass? Can it satisfy that weight for someone who really craves deep (but still detailed and responsive) bass?

Edit: Or does it respond well to being tuned to bring out more bass without bleeding into the mids?

Aug 6, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #12 of 426
It looks to me from both of his graphs that the OH1 rolls off sooner on both the high and low end. Other than that, they seem pretty similar re: graphs. When comparing both, audio123 said the OH10 had better treble sparkle, and a more airy sound.

Aug 7, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #13 of 426
It looks to me from both of his graphs that the OH1 rolls off sooner on both the high and low end. Other than that, they seem pretty similar re: graphs. When comparing both, audio123 said the OH10 had better treble sparkle, and a more airy sound.
Hello friend, as you have both, how do they compare against oxygen?

Aug 7, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #14 of 426
Hey there-- the OH10 is a different beast than the Oxygen... it has a larger sense of space, and is more open sounding with more dynamics on each end. Midrange/ vocals are more forward and feel more lifelike in terms of scale. Tonally, voices suffer a tad compared to the Oxygen as they're slightly more metallic sounding. The O2 definitely takes it for warm human-like tonality w/ mids & vocals. OH10 is also slightly aggressive in how it presents upper mids into the lower treble, but I haven't played them on too many sources (I think my Note 8 exacerbates this trait on them). This is not quite as bad on my WM1A. Overall I think the O2 is still the more refined earphone by a slight margin, as it's just so listenable all day long.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #15 of 426
Launching a thread for this IEM, as I just got a pair in and it's fan-freakin'-tastic... especially when retail cost is considered. Maybe I hear a slight bit of upper midrange glare, but most other things about it are hard to fault.

Post impressions, photos, whatever.

Audio123 unboxing impressions:
https://audio123reviews.com/2019/06/13/ikko-oh10/

A couple quotes from audio123 (some of the only impressions I can really find):
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/page-1636#post-15021924

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/page-1634#post-15020780
(compared to Moondrop KXXS)

A few early thoughts so far:

Been doing a little tip rolling tonight, and comparison listening with the Oxygen & Z1R... So far the OH10 is really holding its own with these. Definitely early at this point, and the dynamic driver hasn't had much burn in time, but I'm liking what I'm hearing. There's more extension on top and bottom than the Oxygen, with a larger sense of space. Alongside the Z1R, it has a more energetic presentation, with more full bodied mids, and a taller stage. Z1R has a more refined, smoother feel with its level of detailing, but a more distant (yet wider) sense of space. Not as much height though (which is one of my main criticisms of it). Hopefully it'll just keep getting better with burn in.

Positives:
> Soundstage
> Bass -- deeply extended authoritative lows, good level of mid-bass without bleed into rest of range.
> Decent treble extension.
> Full bodied, lifelike midrange... vocals sound very good.
> Faceted minimal design aesthetic.
> Price!

Unfavorables:
> The cable... argh -- flimsy, most tangle prone cable I've ever had, and the ear loops are waaayy too long getting looped over on themselves. And no chin slider - big pet peeve of mine.
> 2-pin connection seems too weak from the very start, and I am paranoid that it'll loosen to the point of risking a shell falling off after several cable changes (if one gets into different aftermarket cables).
> Slight driver flex w/the dynamic when putting in ear.
> Minor glare in upper midrange (maybe source & tip dependent??).

Ier z1r clearly destroys these iems soundstage width are similar with the ier destroying them in imaging depth layering and height. I find the vocals on the ier to be some of the best ive ever heard, if someone doesn't think someone singing infront of you vs inside you is deemed worse.... I would call the oh10 more forward not energetic and full bodied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back