ikko OH10
Aug 21, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #16 of 426
Does anyone know which hole is the positive polarity? This mostly pertains to the OH1s I just got but figured you guys might know.

Aug 23, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #17 of 426
Launching a thread for this IEM, as I just got a pair in and it's fan-freakin'-tastic... especially when retail cost is considered. Maybe I hear a slight bit of upper midrange glare, but most other things about it are hard to fault.

Post impressions, photos, whatever.

Audio123 unboxing impressions:
https://audio123reviews.com/2019/06/13/ikko-oh10/

A couple quotes from audio123 (some of the only impressions I can really find):
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/page-1636#post-15021924

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/page-1634#post-15020780
(compared to Moondrop KXXS)

A few early thoughts so far:

Been doing a little tip rolling tonight, and comparison listening with the Oxygen & Z1R... So far the OH10 is really holding its own with these. Definitely early at this point, and the dynamic driver hasn't had much burn in time, but I'm liking what I'm hearing. There's more extension on top and bottom than the Oxygen, with a larger sense of space. Alongside the Z1R, it has a more energetic presentation, with more full bodied mids, and a taller stage. Z1R has a more refined, smoother feel with its level of detailing, but a more distant (yet wider) sense of space. Not as much height though (which is one of my main criticisms of it). Hopefully it'll just keep getting better with burn in.

Positives:
> Soundstage
> Bass -- deeply extended authoritative lows, good level of mid-bass without bleed into rest of range.
> Decent treble extension.
> Full bodied, lifelike midrange... vocals sound very good.
> Faceted minimal design aesthetic.
> Price!

Unfavorables:
> The cable... argh -- flimsy, most tangle prone cable I've ever had, and the ear loops are waaayy too long getting looped over on themselves. And no chin slider - big pet peeve of mine.
> 2-pin connection seems too weak from the very start, and I am paranoid that it'll loosen to the point of risking a shell falling off after several cable changes (if one gets into different aftermarket cables).
> Slight driver flex w/the dynamic when putting in ear.
> Minor glare in upper midrange (maybe source & tip dependent??).

Could you by chance compare the Audiosense 800 to the Ikko? I’m rather curious which to get :p

Aug 23, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #18 of 426
Hey there-- Sure... first I'd say that I'm on the fence as to which I prefer overall. The T800 is a tad brighter, and more clarity/ resolution oriented, while the OH10 has that dynamic driver bass. So I think the bass is just a hair better on the OH10, but it really is amazing how deep the T800 reaches being an all BA IEM -- it betters even the U12t on bass extension. Treble is a touch more emphasized on the T800, less so on the OH10, and each have large soundstages... maybe the OH10's is the slightest amount bigger, and instruments/ sounds having more space.

One thing that makes me hesitant to recommend the T800 overall for every listening situation is that it has very low impedance, so it takes careful source matching. My Note8 phone is pretty much unusable because it just doesn't work with the T800. Through the Sony WM1A it's a different story and I may like it a touch better than the OH10. Another factor to consider is that the OH10 is $100 cheaper. Don't know what your budget is. Both are amazing values though, and you'd do great with either.

Aug 23, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #19 of 426
Hey there-- Sure... first I'd say that I'm on the fence as to which I prefer overall. The T800 is a tad brighter, and more clarity/ resolution oriented, while the OH10 has that dynamic driver bass. So I think the bass is just a hair better on the OH10, but it really is amazing how deep the T800 reaches being an all BA IEM -- it betters even the U12t on bass extension. Treble is a touch more emphasized on the T800, less so on the OH10, and each have large soundstages... maybe the OH10's is the slightest amount bigger, and instruments/ sounds having more space.

One thing that makes me hesitant to recommend the T800 overall for every listening situation is that it has very low impedance, so it takes careful source matching. My Note8 phone is pretty much unusable because it just doesn't work with the T800. Through the Sony WM1A it's a different story and I may like it a touch better than the OH10. Another factor to consider is that the OH10 is $100 cheaper. Don't know what your budget is. Both are amazing values though, and you'd do great with either.
Thank you, my budget is not really defined, I’m looking at anything from this level to the U18t honestly. I love detail, soundstage for jazz/metal and bass north of neutral with good extension for electronic, but I’m a tad treble sensitive.
I loved my IE800 which just died on me, so that and a Westone UM50pro are my reference. But wanted an upgrade in terms of detail retrieval.
I know it’s not technically a fair comparison, but how well do they keep up with the U12t for detail retrieval/precision?

I’ll be driving them with an Audioquest Dragonfly or Astell Kern ak240

I’m desperately in need of a new IEM since my only high end iem just died, which I need daily, but I’m sort of lost, between these chi-fi ones, 64audio and Campfire Solaris/atlas...

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 10:21 PM Post #20 of 426
Alternately I'd considering getting a high end one for ultimate resolution, and then a chi-fi grade (affordable like these or the KXXS price level) one for bass/electronic, if I could just find one with a spacious warm signature with hard hitting deep bass.

Sep 5, 2019 at 2:17 AM Post #23 of 426
OH10 is on my list to buy. Heard it this past weekend and was impressed. Big sound, great bass, nice details. Very heavy shell, but extremely comfortable to wear and the weight in ear isn't really felt (how'd they do that?). Another thing, the Ikko i-planet foam eartips are amazing. So comfy and fit perfectly with a great seal. Best foamies ever. They are doughnut shaped.

Sep 8, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #25 of 426
How do these compare to Fiio FA7? I really like the FA7 but sometimes id like a bit more body and weight to the low end.
OH-10 gets far better physicality in the bass imo, but mid-wise FA7 sound smoother with greater clarity. Trebles in OH-10 are aggressive with pretty massive headroom compared to FA7 which is pretty balanced. I would personally take a FA7 as a whole due to preference, but if I am to use one for a short time spans of listening (10-20mins), then I would go for the OH-10.

Sep 28, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #29 of 426
Here's the ikko OH1, w/i-Planet Memory Foam, Large
(L) i-Planet, large (R) New Bee, medium
iKKo OH1 wTips.jpg

iKKo Tips.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back