ikko OH10
Mar 4, 2024 at 8:49 AM Post #421 of 426
May be it would be helpful, I would also like to describe here the results of my long search for the maximum possible potential of my OH10. Equipment:

- iFi DAC3 (PowerMatch: ON)
- Neutron (Bit-Perfect without anything more against it...) on Smartphone (USB-OTG)
- OH10
- Cable: 4.4mm plug with 2Pin
- Music format: DSD, PCM 44.1kHz, PCM 96kHz, PCM 192kHz
- Music: Classical, Tenor Voices, Rock

I had started to use better cables and eartips first. Finally, I tested the many DSP EQ settings for the OH10 in Neutron.

Here are my results:

None of the EQ settings - not even my own - are on target. It may sound that way for a short time. However, I can say that it destroys the "soul" of the OH10.

I have bought numerous cables with silver. Kinera, Xinhs and others. In the meantime, I had achieved a quite good arrangement with Kinera Leyding and Acoustune eartips. However, this did not remain satisfactory. Not even with JVC Spiral Dots.

I bought a whole range of pure (!) copper cables. Orientation by cross-section and number of strands. I stayed with NiceHCK after the C16-3 and the 16 Core sounded better. I then ended up with Azla SednaEarFit XELASTEC. This had already brought the clear realisation that the potential of the OH10 can only be achieved with a pure copper cable. And it brought the bodies to the voices (Azla).

I added more copper cables and eartips. The BlackCat (4x) was a very good choice in terms of spatiality - but a little thin in terms of the lower ranges and body (piano). Purple SE was very close to the target in terms of tone and was also very reasonably priced. But to cut a long story short here: The NiceHCK AceOrpheus Ultrapure 8N OCC and the Azla SednaEarFit Crystal (standard) have now closed the subject for me.

Why? The latter combination has eclipsed all previous comparisons. Suddenly there was natural-sounding music in my ears! The timbres were right, the body of sound was there and even the most difficult thing for the OH10 - reproducing tenor voices naturally - was achieved!

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 10:20 AM Post #422 of 426
May be it would be helpful, I would also like to describe here the results of my long search for the maximum possible potential of my OH10. Equipment:

- iFi DAC3 (PowerMatch: ON)
- Neutron (Bit-Perfect without anything more against it...) on Smartphone (USB-OTG)
- OH10
- Cable: 4.4mm plug with 2Pin
- Music format: DSD, PCM 44.1kHz, PCM 96kHz, PCM 192kHz
- Music: Classical, Tenor Voices, Rock

I had started to use better cables and eartips first. Finally, I tested the many DSP EQ settings for the OH10 in Neutron.

Here are my results:

None of the EQ settings - not even my own - are on target. It may sound that way for a short time. However, I can say that it destroys the "soul" of the OH10.

I have bought numerous cables with silver. Kinera, Xinhs and others. In the meantime, I had achieved a quite good arrangement with Kinera Leyding and Acoustune eartips. However, this did not remain satisfactory. Not even with JVC Spiral Dots.

I bought a whole range of pure (!) copper cables. Orientation by cross-section and number of strands. I stayed with NiceHCK after the C16-3 and the 16 Core sounded better. I then ended up with Azla SednaEarFit XELASTEC. This had already brought the clear realisation that the potential of the OH10 can only be achieved with a pure copper cable. And it brought the bodies to the voices (Azla).

I added more copper cables and eartips. The BlackCat (4x) was a very good choice in terms of spatiality - but a little thin in terms of the lower ranges and body (piano). Purple SE was very close to the target in terms of tone and was also very reasonably priced. But to cut a long story short here: The NiceHCK AceOrpheus Ultrapure 8N OCC and the Azla SednaEarFit Crystal (standard) have now closed the subject for me.

Why? The latter combination has eclipsed all previous comparisons. Suddenly there was natural-sounding music in my ears! The timbres were right, the body of sound was there and even the most difficult thing for the OH10 - reproducing tenor voices naturally - was achieved!
Fortunately for my wallet I did not have to spend as much to get what I was looking for in the OH-10's! I will admit the M3s does give them a little more low end omph but realizing each's potential I'm ecstatic over either combo :wink: :beerchug:

OH-MY.jpg

Four 20 22.jpg

Mar 4, 2024 at 10:50 AM Post #424 of 426
I was actually amazed late at night with the low level detail off the TRN's :astonished:

Shrink it.jpg

Mar 4, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #425 of 426
I've got my OH10s setup with a NiceHCK Black Ink cable and I tend to pair it with either the Cayin RU6 or my Hiby RS2 or RS6. In this pic I have Comply foam tips on them, but more recently I've been rockin' them with Dunu S&S tips.

The OH10s are coming up on 5 years old (2019 release if I remember right) and I think they still compete in their price range. 🤘😎

IMG_20240304_102329709_HDR.jpg

Mar 5, 2024 at 1:02 AM Post #426 of 426
Coming up on 3 years for me with OH10's. Many other IEMs have come and gone, the OH10 has stayed. They are my "beater" and main sleeping set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back