ikko OH10
Dec 11, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #391 of 426
Ikko I-planet memory foam eartips. They are a bit tricky to install but stay secure and are comfortable. I’ve been using them for a year or two with positive results on oh10 and oh10s

Usually not a fan of memory foam tips, but might have to check them out. What is your opinion on OH10 vs OH10S and the differences?

Edit:
Interesting, just checked out those tips and as it turns out I have exactly same looking tips from Sony, with that very narrow bore.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #392 of 426
Usually not a fan of memory foam tips, but might have to check them out. What is your opinion on OH10 vs OH10S and the differences?

Edit:
Interesting, just checked out those tips and as it turns out I have exactly same looking tips from Sony, with that very narrow bore.
The I-planet tips are firm and have a smooth coating on them. The bore is wide. In terms of differences or similarities between the two iems. Oh10 heavier. The sound signature according to my ears are very similar with the 10s a slight bit brighter. I am not the best to give sound impressions due to a diminished hearing above 14kHz

Dec 11, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #393 of 426
The I-planet tips are firm and have a smooth coating on them. The bore is wide. In terms of differences or similarities between the two iems. Oh10 heavier. The sound signature according to my ears are very similar with the 10s a slight bit brighter. I am not the best to give sound impressions due to a diminished hearing above 14kHz
Could you share a marketing picture of them? Must be different ones then the ones I checked out.

Dec 11, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #394 of 426
Could you share a marketing picture of them? Must be different ones then the ones I checked out.
Actual photo is the best I can do

20231212_032653597_iOS.jpg20231212_032712471_iOS.jpg20231212_032738688_iOS.jpg

Dec 12, 2023 at 3:44 AM Post #395 of 426
Dec 12, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #396 of 426
Hmm, different tunings? Interesting, Akors in his video mentioned that OH10 and OH10S are very similar, even graphs are very similar.

OH10 is definitely very sensitive to tips. In part I feel it is somehow due to very short nozzle and some tips simply don't want to even stay on them. I do love OH10, but want to try S due to mentioned smoother treble and a bit more refined detail retrieval. Punch, energy and the soundstage of OH10 is the best thing about them. If they are actually similar and even a slight improvement, I would order OH10S and would gift my OH10 to my brother.

PS. which exactly Clarion tips you are using? Interested in trying them out.

What I mean by different tunings is not what you see on the graphs but the way they sound compared to the original. I know this because I used the same tips of the OH10 on the S version and there was a shift in sound particularly the sub bass and mid bass ratio. I then tip rolled to other tips that I had that were good with the original but not the best that I was using for the original and it fixed it. It sounded like the originals but better in terms of clarity but there were some minor tradeoffs. I kept tip rolling and it was more of the same trade offs which was fine and then I decided to use the tips that came with my order from China which I thought were cheap throw away tips and then my experience went to the next level.

These are the tips.
https://www.linsoul.com/products/tri-clarion

They are very wide bore and have some kind of shape at the ring that is suppose to improve highs. I have a feeling they were included probably because Chinese consumers favored it for good reason and that is why they were included. Funny because IKKO sends you a number of tips that are awful and useless.

Overall I can say that the big difference between the two is the S version is more refined and clearer without ruining what makes the original great. If you did not hear the S versions you would not think you are missing something and if you upgraded to the S you would not feel like falling back to the original.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #397 of 426
What I mean by different tunings is not what you see on the graphs but the way they sound compared to the original. I know this because I used the same tips of the OH10 on the S version and there was a shift in sound particularly the sub bass and mid bass ratio. I then tip rolled to other tips that I had that were good with the original but not the best that I was using for the original and it fixed it. It sounded like the originals but better in terms of clarity but there were some minor tradeoffs. I kept tip rolling and it was more of the same trade offs which was fine and then I decided to use the tips that came with my order from China which I thought were cheap throw away tips and then my experience went to the next level.

These are the tips.
https://www.linsoul.com/products/tri-clarion

They are very wide bore and have some kind of shape at the ring that is suppose to improve highs. I have a feeling they were included probably because Chinese consumers favored it for good reason and that is why they were included. Funny because IKKO sends you a number of tips that are awful and useless.

Overall I can say that the big difference between the two is the S version is more refined and clearer without ruining what makes the original great. If you did not hear the S versions you would not think you are missing something and if you upgraded to the S you would not feel like falling back to the original.

Thanks, definitely ordering those tips.

Dec 12, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #398 of 426
Thanks, definitely ordering those tips.
I imagine everyone's tip rolling experience will be different. I hope they work out for you and as I mentioned there was probably a good reason why they were included in my package. My only regret was not trying the TRS Clarions tips on the original OH10 to compare.
I cant help but notice that many reviewers or people who bought the OH10 probably did not get the full experience of how good this set is if you find the right tips.

Dec 13, 2023 at 7:06 AM Post #399 of 426
I imagine everyone's tip rolling experience will be different. I hope they work out for you and as I mentioned there was probably a good reason why they were included in my package. My only regret was not trying the TRS Clarions tips on the original OH10 to compare.
I cant help but notice that many reviewers or people who bought the OH10 probably did not get the full experience of how good this set is if you find the right tips.

True, I have seen lot of reviewers use same stock tips. I have been using and rotating between Sony EP-EX11 and hybrid silicone/foam tips from Sony XM4/XM5 for OH10. Been thinking on getting HiFiGo hybrid Render tips, which have kind of similar slight lip as Clarions.

It is still kind of baffling that even new OH10S uses kind of the same crappy cable that is similar to old Blon.

Dec 13, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #400 of 426
True, I have seen lot of reviewers use same stock tips. I have been using and rotating between Sony EP-EX11 and hybrid silicone/foam tips from Sony XM4/XM5 for OH10. Been thinking on getting HiFiGo hybrid Render tips, which have kind of similar slight lip as Clarions.

It is still kind of baffling that even new OH10S uses kind of the same crappy cable that is similar to old Blon.

What I have discovered in all of my hobbies is the high end enthusiast type stuff comes with some of the worst quality accessories because they know people will upgrade so they cut costs making it a better value at its price point. I think the reason why they have to include a crappy cable is to appeal to new people in the hobby that have no clue what is out there but need a complete package. It would be nice if they simply sold two different versions for these IEMs to cut down on costs.

Thanks for the mention on the HIFiGo tips as I would like to give them a try. I found that the tip rolling has the biggest impact on the tuning which is probably why reviews are all over the place. Some IEMs I found do not make much difference in the sound quality when tip rolling so it could be isolated to some IEMs like the OH-10.

Dec 13, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #401 of 426
What I have discovered in all of my hobbies is the high end enthusiast type stuff comes with some of the worst quality accessories because they know people will upgrade so they cut costs making it a better value at its price point. I think the reason why they have to include a crappy cable is to appeal to new people in the hobby that have no clue what is out there but need a complete package. It would be nice if they simply sold two different versions for these IEMs to cut down on costs.

Thanks for the mention on the HIFiGo tips as I would like to give them a try. I found that the tip rolling has the biggest impact on the tuning which is probably why reviews are all over the place. Some IEMs I found do not make much difference in the sound quality when tip rolling so it could be isolated to some IEMs like the OH-10.

True, also why we tend to see different graphs from different people due to different tips used. But as we know, even slight variation in insertion can affect the sound.

Ordered both HiFiGo Render and Clarions, will be a long wait from Ali.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2023 at 6:06 AM Post #403 of 426
This Ikko Oh10 is still one of my favorites that I continue to listen to...and sooo comfortable.

I love them too, sound, looks and comfort wise. They are heavy, yet design is super comfortable, just need good cable with proper hooks.

Dec 18, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #404 of 426
I’ve had my OH10’s for a few days now and I’m not as wowed as I hoped for. I’m also getting a very different sound to what I read and expected.

I’m not getting the bass that I expected, for a start. I listen to a lot of EDM and hip-hop, tracks with a lot of bass. And the bass is … fine. I previously had Truthear Zero Red’s and I wouldn’t say these sounded much better in the bass than they did.

Vocals are also more forward than I expected, and the whole things feels a little thin-sounding. I’ve tried the medium size tips, I’ve tried the large tips. I’ve bought Spinfit CP100+ Large tips and even though the seal feels right in that I get that pop when I remove an earphone, I’m just not getting that sound that everyone says. It definitely doesn’t feel v-shaped, more like ^ shaped, where vocals are a lot more prominent.

Driving from a Hiby R5 Gen II and have also tried an iPhone lightning dongle.

I might try ordering the Ikko i-planet tips but they won’t arrive for a while from AliExpress.

Dec 18, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #405 of 426
I’ve had my OH10’s for a few days now and I’m not as wowed as I hoped for. I’m also getting a very different sound to what I read and expected.

I’m not getting the bass that I expected, for a start. I listen to a lot of EDM and hip-hop, tracks with a lot of bass. And the bass is … fine. I previously had Truthear Zero Red’s and I wouldn’t say these sounded much better in the bass than they did.

Vocals are also more forward than I expected, and the whole things feels a little thin-sounding. I’ve tried the medium size tips, I’ve tried the large tips. I’ve bought Spinfit CP100+ Large tips and even though the seal feels right in that I get that pop when I remove an earphone, I’m just not getting that sound that everyone says. It definitely doesn’t feel v-shaped, more like ^ shaped, where vocals are a lot more prominent.

Driving from a Hiby R5 Gen II and have also tried an iPhone lightning dongle.

I might try ordering the Ikko i-planet tips but they won’t arrive for a while from AliExpress.
Where did you purchase the OH10? I don't know if AliExpress has fakes (they do of a number of things), but a true OH10 should def be V shaped with pretty deep hitting bass. Can you post some pictures of the box they came in -- I can compare to my 2-yr old OH10 box with specs printed on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back