ikko OH10
May 6, 2022 at 12:13 AM Post #256 of 428
How big a difference does the Zen DAC make to the OH10? I use Poweramp on my Samsung Galaxy S20, and it drives the OH10 really well to me. I used to have a small amp but sold it awhile back due to not using full size phones as much anymore.
My favorite pairing with the Obsidian is my Hip Dac2 on high gain and my Big Rice pure copper cable with large bore MD Spring tips.

May 6, 2022 at 5:51 AM Post #257 of 428
How big a difference does the Zen DAC make to the OH10? I use Poweramp on my Samsung Galaxy S20, and it drives the OH10 really well to me. I used to have a small amp but sold it awhile back due to not using full size phones as much anymore.
But the S20 don't have 3,5mm out? Or are you using the Samsung adapter/dongle-DAC?

May 8, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #258 of 428
But the S20 don't have 3,5mm out? Or are you using the Samsung adapter/dongle-DAC?
Yes, USB-C to 3.5 dongle, 24bit /192khz, so I get excellent sound. It's not a Samsung model tho - there's loads of them on amzn.

Last edited:
May 11, 2022 at 9:56 AM Post #259 of 428
I just love when my OH-10's are available in my daily options :grin: :beerchug:

Hmm Dingers.jpg

May 11, 2022 at 10:10 AM Post #260 of 428
I just love when my OH-10's are available in my daily options :grin: :beerchug:

Hmm Dingers.jpg
Is that a pair of FH3 in there too? I have a set of FHE burning in I kinda like the Tuning along the lines of the Obsidian on first listen. What's your thoughts on the Fiio?

May 11, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #261 of 428
Is that a pair of FH3 in there too? I have a set of FHE burning in I kinda like the Tuning along the lines of the Obsidian on first listen. What's your thoughts on the Fiio?
Best $97 iem I have ever purchased in this hobby to date. Killer tuning, awesome build and to feel and see these up close is beautiful. It truly gives serious challenge to my # 1 single DD iem in the Advanced M5-1D's. Obviously a different house sound but both are equal in all positives mentioned of the FH3's :thumbsup: Just think the FH3's are also only 1/4 the M5-1D's price of $399 :astonished: For a lot of folks and their buying dollar this is "where the rubber meets the road" :thinking:

May 26, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #262 of 428
FYI: I just landed a pair of OH10 Obsidians on the Angelears AliX store. They have a $30 off coupon and it used $6 or so of my “coins” for a total of $113.00US. It’s a great deal on a set that typically runs around $150-170 at the moment.

I’ve had my eye on the Obsidian for a while. I’ve been wanting a well tuned bass blaster for hard rock. Couldn’t resist at that price.

May 26, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #263 of 428
FYI: I just landed a pair of OH10 Obsidians on the Angelears AliX store. They have a $30 off coupon and it used $6 or so of my “coins” for a total of $113.00US. It’s a great deal on a set that typically runs around $150-170 at the moment.

I’ve had my eye on the Obsidian for a while. I’ve been wanting a well tuned bass blaster for hard rock. Couldn’t resist at that price.
Thief! :beerchug:

May 26, 2022 at 8:08 PM Post #264 of 428

Hi, is the deal still on?

Jun 6, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #266 of 428
Got my OH10 today. These are great! I love the aesthetic. They fit my ears perfectly. Probably better than any other set I own except perhaps the Dunu Vernus (same case as the Falcon Pro.) The weight isn’t an issue with me since I’m used to wearing weighty CA Andromedas. Sound wise, really good so far but I’ve only been running them in for about an hour so all I can really comment on yet is the aesthetics. And on that point, the cable that comes with them is crap. I swapped that out for an OCC silver plated. The tips though are fantastic! There’s no particular difference between the two kinds you get (as far as I can tell) except color. I’m using the large size grey ones and they seal instantly and sound very good. They’re wide bore, which I tend to prefer. This is unusual for me as the first thing I typically swap is tips. It’s rare that the stock ones work so well and these work as well or better than my favorite tips.

That’s all for now!

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2022 at 1:48 AM Post #267 of 428
The treble on these really shines. And I mean that in a descriptive way. I feel like the copper housing and interior plating are giving it a particular tonality. Crisp and shiny. Not sharp or glaring at all. That’s a surprise. I was expecting the excellent bass response (and it really is excellent) and somewhat elevated treble, but this is a very controlled experience and sounds quite cohesive with the mids and lows. Also pleasantly surprising is the substantial sound stage. They’re wide sounding and have a respectable amount of depth and height too.

I should have sprung for these sooner. They’re really excellent and suit my library well.

Jun 7, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #268 of 428
The treble on these really shines. And I mean that in a descriptive way. I feel like the copper housing and interior plating are giving it a particular tonality. Crisp and shiny. Not sharp or glaring at all. That’s a surprise. I was expecting the excellent bass response (and it really is excellent) and somewhat elevated treble, but this is a very controlled experience and sounds quite cohesive with the mids and lows. Also pleasantly surprising is the substantial sound stage. They’re wide sounding and have a respectable amount of depth and height too.

I should have sprung for these sooner. They’re really excellent and suit my library well.
The Obsidian still one of the best gems under $200 one I won't ever sell! 😃 It's a old (Relative to this hobby) IEM but still being sold in droves as more people find out about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back