iFi iPurifier 2 - Reviews, Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 17, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #76 of 592
I have the iPurifier2, no experience with the old one.     This, together with the jitterbugs, is like a DAC upgrade.     A worthwhile upgrade to my DAC would have cost considerably more.      I would expect DAC manufacturers will incorporate this type of technology into their products over the next few years.

Nov 17, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #77 of 592
So, iFi, where are all the iPurifier2 type 'A'?

Have they left the factory?

Are they on a very slow boat from China?

Enquiring minds wish to know.
atsmile.gif

I was told 4-5 weeks for the A version USB. I am now waiting impatiently..............

Nov 17, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #78 of 592
So, iFi, where are all the iPurifier2 type 'A'?

Have they left the factory?

Are they on a very slow boat from China?

Enquiring minds wish to know.
atsmile.gif

+1

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #80 of 592
  I have read the thread with great interest, but is there a big difference between ver.1 and 2.

Ver. 1 is on sale, several places in the European Union, so should I save the £ 30 or go for ver. 2 in first place?

According to iFi's site both versions rebalance the signal but v2 also reclocks and regenerates the usb signal.

Those last 2 features got a lot of attention after the Uptone Regen was released. Many reviews confirm they make bigger improvements. iPurifier 2 is about $50 less than the Regen plus it doesn't need a power cord.

Nov 17, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #81 of 592
hmm still wondering weather to try this as last filter before the modi 2

im not bothering with the jitter bug as it turned out to be pretty much a con and made jitter, distortion and other things reported worse.

so would it be a good idea to take the wyrds cleaned usb output and put it into a second filter?

Nov 17, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #82 of 592

According to iFi's site both versions rebalance the signal but v2 also reclocks and regenerates the usb signal.

Those last 2 features got a lot of attention after the Uptone Regen was released. Many reviews confirm they make bigger improvements. iPurifier 2 is about $50 less than the Regen plus it doesn't need a power cord.

It makes sense, a much improved product.
Actually costs in the UK is £ 90 for iFi, but the price of Regen impoteret to DK is about £ 180 so half price for iPurifier 2, I stick to it.

Nov 18, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #84 of 592

Oddly enough, I find the Regen pairs nicely with the iPurifier. My chain:

Xonar Essence One Muses Edition DAC/Amp > iPurifier > Gemini dual USB cable > iUSB Power Supply > Uptone Regen > Mercury USB cable + Jitterbug adjacent USB port > PC

Don't ask me why, but I've tried every possible configuration with the above components and that one sounds the most clear, vivid, and spacious.

I'm eager to see how the iPurifier2 changes the dynamic :)

Nov 18, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #85 of 592
Does anyone know how credible this retailer is?

I bought an iPurifier2 from them a while ago and it's taking quite longer than I'd expected to arrive and no tracking info :/

I ordered something through Amazon.co.uk and it took about 1 week to arrive... That may have been down to the Royal Mail as it shipped 36 hours after ordering... And then I ordered something else direct.... shipped within 24 hours and delivered 48 hours later.

Nov 19, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #87 of 592
Hi,

I asked iFi a question about the use of the Jitterbug with the IP2 (I use one Jitterbug on my PC, and one at the OUTPUT of my iUSB, then an USB adapter + IP2 to DAC, with great results).
They replied that it was not in their policy to compare with other manufacturers products.

However they said a very interesting thing for people who own an iUSB (the first version) : 

"With regards to USB filtering we normally suggest that you place the iPurifier 2 at the end of the digital chain for max performance.

However, if you own the iUSBpower, hook up the iPurifier 2 directly to this, so; PC > iPurifier 2 > iUSBpower.

Doing this you are in effect 80% close to the performance of our iUSB3.0 device."

I did several A/B comparisons, and it sounds better like this ! 

So now my setup is like this, and I won't change a thing : PC > Jitterbug > Starlight 7 USB cable > IP2 > iUSB > Jitterbug > USB adapter > DAC.

Nov 19, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #88 of 592
  Hi,

I asked iFi a question about the use of the Jitterbug with the IP2 (I use one Jitterbug on my PC, and one at the OUTPUT of my iUSB, then an USB adapter + IP2 to DAC, with great results).
They replied that it was not in their policy to compare with other manufacturers products.

However they said a very interesting thing for people who own an iUSB (the first version) : 

"With regards to USB filtering we normally suggest that you place the iPurifier 2 at the end of the digital chain for max performance.

However, if you own the iUSBpower, hook up the iPurifier 2 directly to this, so; PC > iPurifier 2 > iUSBpower.

Doing this you are in effect 80% close to the performance of our iUSB3.0 device."

I did several A/B comparisons, and it sounds better like this ! 

So now my setup is like this, and I won't change a thing : PC > Jitterbug > Starlight 7 USB cable > IP2 > iUSB > Jitterbug > USB adapter > DAC.

That's interesting.   I don't have the iUSB Power, so can't try it.     But it's a bit odd that the iPurifier comes before the iUSB Power.   So the iPurifier is running off the noisy PC USB 5v supply.     I would have thought that it would work better with the iPurifer running from the clean 5v from the iUSB Power?      I wonder why this is apparently not the case?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back