iFi iPurifier 2 - Reviews, Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 10, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #46 of 592

It certainly fits ok if you don't have all the shrinkwrap on the phono plugs and still space of the iP2 without (hateful) adapter. 

Are those some old QED cables? I had some of those once. Looks like I need to replace my Mark Grants with some others... may be Kimbre Timbre. Their ultraplate RCa connectors look quite small.

Nov 10, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #47 of 592

It certainly fits ok if you don't have all the shrinkwrap on the phono plugs and still space of the iP2 without (hateful) adapter. 

Are those some old QED cables? I had some of those once. Looks like I need to replace my Mark Grants with some others... may be Kimbre Timbre. Their ultraplate RCa connectors look quite small.

Actually no I don't believe so. Its a short custom cable I have which is 2 phonos to a 3.5mm stereo jack. I used to have it for my pro Walkman back in the last century so I could use it in my system of the day!!!
Now it has found a home in between my iDSD and some Whafedale DS1 active desktop speakers (which are surprisingly good for the price).
I'm sure that you can still get QED cables and plugs. Its more difficult to get blank cassettes now............ 

Nov 11, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #48 of 592
  Hi, does anybody know where I can order the ipurifier 2 online ? I checked a lot of websites, in vain. Maybe it's a little bit too soon though :)

Thanks

Edit : just found it on MCRU, I will give my impressions, I already own 2 jitterbugs, an ifi iUsb (first version) with the iPower, but I hope there is still room for improvement :)

Hello ,  (Berdugo) Please do post any thoughts and impressions , i have the same set up as you . . with jitterbugs & first version iFi iUSB + iPower plug . . so i would be interested to know how the
iFi iPurifier 2 , hopefully , enhances this set up . . thanks in advance.

Nov 12, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #49 of 592

Hi, does anybody know where I can order the ipurifier 2 online ? I checked a lot of websites, in vain. Maybe it's a little bit too soon though :)

Thanks

Edit : just found it on MCRU, I will give my impressions, I already own 2 jitterbugs, an ifi iUsb (first version) with the iPower, but I hope there is still room for improvement :)

Hello ,  (Berdugo) Please do post any thoughts and impressions , i have the same set up as you . . with jitterbugs & first version iFi iUSB + iPower plug . . so i would be interested to know how the
iFi iPurifier 2 , hopefully , enhances this set up . . thanks in advance.

In the meantime and just to say until Berdugo answers, my system has the original iUSB and power connected to a micro iDSD which I was also using with a jitterbug connected at the laptop end then feeding to the iUSB. There is a significant improvement to the sound when fitting an iP2 into the system just before the iDSD and more than that made by the jitterbug (which you could expect due to the price differential). My feeling was that it was a similar level of improvement that I had got when I went from single ended to balanced cable with my HD800s. The fact that this cable upgrade cost a lot more than the iP2 made it feel like the iP2 is much better value.    

Nov 12, 2015 at 7:47 AM Post #50 of 592
  In the meantime and just to say until Berdugo answers, my system has the original iUSB and power connected to a micro iDSD which I was also using with a jitterbug connected at the laptop end then feeding to the iUSB. There is a significant improvement to the sound when fitting an iP2 into the system just before the iDSD and more than that made by the jitterbug (which you could expect due to the price differential). My feeling was that it was a similar level of improvement that I had got when I went from single ended to balanced cable with my HD800s. The fact that this cable upgrade cost a lot more than the iP2 made it feel like the iP2 is much better value.    

That is good news... Thanks for sharing.
Can't wait to receive it

Nov 12, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #51 of 592

Here's a picture of the rear of my iDSD Micro currently. I wouldn't say the RCA connectors on my cables are particularly large or oversized. Just normal size for a fairly decent cable. With the i-fi supplied adapter being smaller than the iPurifier2. There is no way a iPurifier2 is going to fit directly in the USB port using the RCA outs.

Unfortunatly that would be an issue for me as well. If the new ipurifier is any wider than the adapter its game over for me.

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #52 of 592
Great , thanks for the positive feedback on the iPurifier 2 in your system ... that's reassured me it's gonna be worth buying , will get me one next month. These high end digital audio companies are making some quality upgrade add on's these days. To anyone who's not done fuse upgrades yet in their system , .. do , .. big leap in dynamics , sound stage , clarity etc. 

Nov 12, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #53 of 592

Here's a picture of the rear of my iDSD Micro currently. I wouldn't say the RCA connectors on my cables are particularly large or oversized. Just normal size for a fairly decent cable. With the i-fi supplied adapter being smaller than the iPurifier2. There is no way a iPurifier2 is going to fit directly in the USB port using the RCA outs.

Unfortunatly that would be an issue for me as well. If the new ipurifier is any wider than the adapter its game over for me.

Of course it is entirely up to you, but can I draw your attention to post #47 above where you will see my own phono plugs which are just normal sized and there is sufficient clearance to get the iP2 along side it with or without the adaptor. So it need not be game over if you don't mind changing a cable. I guess its the price you pay for having micro sized components but which are portable on the plus side.   

Nov 12, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #56 of 592
Great , thanks for the positive feedback on the iPurifier 2 in your system ... that's reassured me it's gonna be worth buying , will get me one next month. These high end digital audio companies are making some quality upgrade add on's these days. To anyone who's not done fuse upgrades yet in their system , .. do , .. big leap in dynamics , sound stage , clarity etc. 
Sorry...fuse upgrades?

Nov 12, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #57 of 592
It would probably fit if you plug it into the adapter as by then it's at a narrower point on your phono plugs. But it's entirely your choice of course.
Whole point was not to use the adapter but I am glad we can check things like that here. Great community. I stick with the blue USB cable for know. Works fine

Nov 12, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #59 of 592
  I was just referencing fuse upgrades in the (plugs) of power cables if your set up is a Desktop PC with powered amps , speakers , DACs etc.

are we definitely talking about the very same fuse used for safety reasons? to stop dangerous levels of current flowing through?
and that can change the sound? 
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back