iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions, Reviews and Comments.
Apr 22, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #5,928 of 9,047
Sorry, that statement was ambiguous. I meant the ifi having more power than Mojo.

Of course it does. Micro iDSD is easily a few times more powerful than Mojo,

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #5,930 of 9,047
Lol. Wow, I'm having a hard time communicating with you guys today.

I know it does, I was trying to say that I was looking forward to the ifi, one of the reasons being, it has more power than the Mojo.

Sorry... I'm having a rough day.

While it does have more power on paper, the mojo already has more than enough for anything other than maybe a HE6.

Besides, I've found the mojo to be more transparent, dynamic and revealing than the idsd.

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #5,932 of 9,047
While it does have more power on paper, the mojo already has more than enough for anything other than maybe a HE6.

Besides, I've found the mojo to be more transparent, dynamic and revealing than the idsd.

Owned the ifi  family for 3 months

Owned the Mojo for about the same

Both great items in different ways but for a pure power user with eq headroom via amp as my critical thing..
I'm please to say I will be officially re-joining the iFi family (micro iDSD)

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #5,933 of 9,047
Of course, it's all subjective preferences :)

But what I'm saying is, if you're expecting the idsd to drive headphones with more authority than the mojo because of the specs, you might not be right, because the mojo does have more than enough power for about any headphone. The idsd' additional power would just not be utilised :)

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #5,934 of 9,047
Well I'm the guy that likes to have a car that can go 200... May not do it myself, but nice knowing. Plus, they obviously are different, the power is the one thing I mentioned, but different dacs, ifi has lots of fun switches and button type things.

I'm very happy with my Mojo, I love it. Not looking to get rid of it, I hurt bought my second one.

I just love my toys, that's all.

Apr 22, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #5,935 of 9,047
Of course, it's all subjective preferences
smily_headphones1.gif

But what I'm saying is, if you're expecting the idsd to drive headphones with more authority than the mojo because of the specs, you might not be right, because the mojo does have more than enough power for about any headphone. The idsd' additional power would just not be utilised
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, specs and graphs should never be the deciding factor. Folks get too caught up in that. Good is what you like. Gotta listen to decide that. They are both fantastic items priced great in a sea of waaaaaay over the top priced stuff.

Apr 23, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #5,936 of 9,047
Anyone in here with the ifi micro dsd interested in doing a swap, not permanent, just to see what the other's sound like? Mojo for ifi. Any takers? I want to hear this little guy... Or ideally anyone here in South Florida?

Apr 23, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #5,937 of 9,047

I am more on the opposite in opinion and don't find Mojo having the advantage.

Apr 23, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #5,939 of 9,047
Anyone in here with the ifi micro dsd interested in doing a swap, not permanent, just to see what the other's sound like? Mojo for ifi. Any takers? I want to hear this little guy... Or ideally anyone here in South Florida?

Bummer we are so far apart or I would certainly do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back