iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions, Reviews and Comments.
Jun 17, 2015 at 3:28 AM Post #3,963 of 9,047
I think I need to explain it a little bit better I have connected my phone to the ifi to the 3.5mm input on the front of the device.
my question is now can I get the singal out from the RCA plugs on them back on the ifi.sorry for my bad english

Jun 17, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #3,964 of 9,047

Is anyone using iDSD with MC20 and Jplay?  If I choose Jplay ASIO driver, I get intermittent BSD or jRiver will intermittently stop playing.  If I use iFi by AMR HD USB Audio (ASIO), system appears more solid today.  Using Window 7 Home version on my HP Laptop, AMD 5500 processor.

Anyone know of incompatibility with iDSD and Jplay?

I am running Windows 8.1 on my Lenovo Desktop feeding iUSB to iLlink from USB , and no problems with Jplay, also AMD A8 5500 processor.

I don't use Jplay, but JRiver specifically warns against using JRMC20 with Jplay, so it's not surprising you are having issues.

Jun 17, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #3,965 of 9,047

Is anyone using iDSD with MC20 and Jplay?  If I choose Jplay ASIO driver, I get intermittent BSD or jRiver will intermittently stop playing.  If I use iFi by AMR HD USB Audio (ASIO), system appears more solid today.  Using Window 7 Home version on my HP Laptop, AMD 5500 processor.

Anyone know of incompatibility with iDSD and Jplay?

I am running Windows 8.1 on my Lenovo Desktop feeding iUSB to iLlink from USB , and no problems with Jplay, also AMD A8 5500 processor.

I don't use Jplay, but JRiver specifically warns against using JRMC20 with Jplay, so it's not surprising you are having issues.

I have been using jRiver MC with Jplay for years with no problem, just since I got the iDSD has it been problematic.  jRiver and Jplay have been warring for years, just depends on what camp you are in whether you like it or not.  Jplay takes a more advanced computer user, so a lot of people give up on it, YMMV, but it works for me, guess I need to return the iDSD!

Jun 17, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #3,966 of 9,047

I have been using jRiver MC with Jplay for years with no problem, just since I got the iDSD has it been problematic.  jRiver and Jplay have been warring for years, just depends on what camp you are in whether you like it or not.  Jplay takes a more advanced computer user, so a lot of people give up on it, YMMV, but it works for me, guess I need to return the iDSD!

I would suggest a customer support ticket with ifi. They are very helpful. Let us know what you find out. I seriously doubt that the iDSD is the source of the problem, but you never know.

Jun 17, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #3,970 of 9,047
  How I've tried I cannot get any sound out to the amplifier only if I plug in my headphones directly to the ifi micro then I can get songs to the headphones.

Look at the bottom of micro iDSD, near the RCA jack, switch from 'Direct' to 'Preamp'.

Jun 17, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #3,972 of 9,047

How I've tried I cannot get any sound out to the amplifier only if I plug in my headphones directly to the ifi micro then I can get songs to the headphones.

Look at the bottom of micro iDSD, near the RCA jack, switch from 'Direct' to 'Preamp'.

What is Direct setting for?

Jun 17, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #3,973 of 9,047
cute,

Fellow Minnesotan and another iFi guy.  I've had wonderful success using JRiver and JPlay.  However, I am still using MC19.

The Direct setting outputs the maximum output voltage while disabling the volume control knob.  

Jun 17, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #3,974 of 9,047
  cute,

Fellow Minnesotan and another iFi guy.  I've had wonderful success using JRiver and JPlay.  However, I am still using MC19.

The Direct setting outputs the maximum output voltage while disabling the volume control knob.  

Howdy,  I live near Rochester, MN, going to be in for hip replacement surgery at Mayo Clinc, so I purchased the iDSD to run from my laptop for the three weeks that I'll be in.  Using iUSB and iLink feeding my full size DAC, but also MC20/Jplay 6, on Windows 8.1, never a BSOD, on my Desktop which has a faster processor.  Still working out the proper fit on my Laptop running Windows 7 with a slower processor.  Sometimes it needs just the right configuration, and I am new to Jplay 6, however I do get BSOD when using the iFi Driver ASIO, still in the testing process.  I eventually will try the iDSD on my full size system with the other iFi devices in the chain, and using my Denon AVR's and Kenzie amps.  Really like the sound of DSD!

Jun 17, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #3,975 of 9,047
Have you tried JPLAYmini?  How about Bug Head Emperor?  Those might be worth a shot to make a more stable setup.

Good luck with your hip replacement.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back