iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions, Reviews and Comments.
Dec 4, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #1,820 of 9,047
Dec 4, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #1,821 of 9,047
Droooool...so which set up do you regard as your number one here?
Yeah, which is on top? How's the Audio-GD with the LCD-2F?

Dec 4, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #1,822 of 9,047
Excellent setup/collection you got there.

Droooool...so which set up do you regard as your number one here?

Yeah, which is on top? How's the Audio-GD with the LCD-2F?

I just got my iDSD before 2 days i just burn it about 24h,

The lyr 2 with Bifrost great Combo with HE-500 and HD800
The Mid in HE-500 rich !! And the vocals awesome The Base and Sub bass OMG very Depth I can't tell you how much i enjoy !!!

About the HD 800 The best Soundstage and​
Imaging​
in a Gaming OMG!!!! , The Treble is Very great and for me the treble so much Bright , The Base ​
Harsh
The HE-500 and HD800 those are have a very clear Detalis !!! 

About Audio -GD 28 i have return for Fix it because it's have a Click Sound i just used about 3 day and i return !!
And my LCD-2 F i have send it to RAzordog Audio to replace it with a new one!! Just used for a 1 day and then i can't hear anything the Driver i think is deactivate

Dec 4, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #1,823 of 9,047
one question what does polarity do as when i switch it nothing happens

i need just few answers on technical things

1- minimum phase is the most warm one right?
2- for audeze its best to use turbo and iem off?

Dec 4, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #1,824 of 9,047

#1 - just look back a couple of pages or search the thread, it's literally JUST been discussed.

#2 - I don't know but, unless your Audeze are iems, why would you turn that on? I think turbo is just if your headphones aren't getting enough power on the other modes so if eco and normal aren't cutting it, move over to turbo.

Dec 4, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #1,825 of 9,047

http://www.head-fi.org/t/728236/ifi-idsd-micro-dsd512-pcm768-dac-and-headphone-amp-impressions-reviews-and-comments/1785#post_11094616

:cool:

Dec 4, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #1,826 of 9,047

IMO, yes the Minimum Phase is bit warm, others are not.

For Audeze LCD-2, Turbo is too much, Normal has too little volume range, Eco is just right, both subjectively and objectively. Eco is 2Vrms, which is more than enough even considering headroom for dynamic peaks like soundtracks or classical music.

P.S.: This shows how powerful the iFi micro iDSD is.

Dec 4, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #1,827 of 9,047

I just got my iDSD before 2 days i just burn it about 24h,

The lyr 2 with Bifrost great Combo with HE-500 and HD800
The Mid in HE-500 rich !! And the vocals awesome The Base and Sub bass OMG very Depth I can't tell you how much i enjoy !!!

About the HD 800 The best Soundstage and​
Imaging​
in a Gaming OMG!!!! , The Treble is Very great and for me the treble so much Bright , The Base ​
Harsh
The HE-500 and HD800 those are have a very clear Detalis !!! 

About Audio -GD 28 i have return for Fix it because it's have a Click Sound i just used about 3 day and i return !!
And my LCD-2 F i have send it to RAzordog Audio to replace it with a new one!! Just used for a 1 day and then i can't hear anything the Driver i think is deactivate

Thanks mate!

Nice nice.

beerchug.gif

Dec 4, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #1,829 of 9,047
  Has anyone used the iDSD's with either or both of the following accessories? iPurifier and Gemini Cables?
Can we hear about the improvements they generate please?
happy_face1.gif

IIRC, as discussed in this or the crowd-design thread, the iFi micro iDSD already has the iPurifier and reasons for the Gemini USB cable built-in (galvanic isolation).

Dec 4, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #1,830 of 9,047

Mmmmm...ok thanks mate, so much to learn about the iDSD. Can't wait for my next bonus pay!

Just found this review from ClieOS:

iPurifier
To explain it in a simple way, I guess you can say that iPurifier is a kind of EMI filter for USB transmission. I have tried it on my desktop setup, with both nano iDSD and micro iDAC, but doesn’t found it to make any noticeable difference. I do however find that it darken the background when pairing with my Xperia Z2 + nano iDSD a bit, though the effect is pretty subtle. Given it is meant to filter EMI, it makes sense as such since my desktop setup hasn’t really known to have suffer any EMI issue at all. I guess iPurifier is one of those devices that would really help if there is already a persistent case of EMI over the USB connection. Otherwise, you might be able to get away without one. It is more of a fine tuning tool rather than an instant improvement.

Here:
http://ifi-audio.com/reviews/clieos-pens-a-very-technically-proficient-review-of-the-nano-idsdicanipurifier/

Also here too...
http://www.inearmatters.net/2014/08/impression-ifi-nano-idsd-and-ican-with.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back