iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions, Reviews and Comments.
Nov 29, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #1,728 of 9,047
Yeah I would agree with it being speculation on your part. I didnt get that from the review at all.....

I don't know man

"I don't like paying for features I will not use so if I was looking for a DAC for CD-quality playback only, and not higher res or a headphone amp for use with multiple 'phones, I'd go with the Halide."

"Of course a lot of what you're paying for with the Micro is additional functionality and drive for headphone users which is not our focus here so many of the Micro's features are off our beaten path."

I'm just overthinking. Don't mind me.

I just don't think this thing can be beat for the $. Best $500 I've spent. And I'm really cheap.

Indeed. As a DAC/amp, the flexibility and feature-set is stellar.

Nov 30, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #1,729 of 9,047
I have a few of my own thoughts about the review.

If a reviewer was to say one device was better than all the others in a given price bracket than what's the point of the other devices existing? There always has to be some cons to keep other products viable. Also, I'm not sure if iFi or AMR is a sponsor of the website. I have never compared the positiveness of reviews for products by companies that sponsor the website versus ones that don't but Audio Stream owes iFi nothing. That's why I felt the review was as good as it could get for the Micro.

Nov 30, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #1,730 of 9,047
I don't know man

"[COLOR=333333]I don't like paying for features I will not use so if I was looking for a DAC for CD-quality playback only, and not higher res or a headphone amp for use with multiple 'phones, I'd go with the Halide."[/COLOR]

"[COLOR=333333]Of course a lot of what you're paying for with the Micro is additional functionality and drive for headphone users which is not our focus here so many of the Micro's features are off our beaten path."[/COLOR]

I instead will agree, goes first sought the best possible quality as DAC (especially in CD quality, PCM 16bit 44.1 khz), then you can add all the features you want, but a DAC first of all has to be a DAC, at least more than one CD Player midrange

if an external DAC to $ 500 playing CDs worse than a CD player midrange, which is buying? what can I do?

Sorry for my bad English

Nov 30, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #1,731 of 9,047
Now i reseved my Micro iDSD but how can i charge the iDSD? I see SmartPower but how to connect the SmartPower with the Blue Cable

Nov 30, 2014 at 5:39 AM Post #1,732 of 9,047
Now i reseved my Micro iDSD but how can i charge the iDSD? I see SmartPower but how to connect the SmartPower with the Blue Cable

At the back of the housing, next to the line out RCA, there is a male 3.0 USB plug. Insert the blue cable into it. Connect it to the charging port :)

Billson

Nov 30, 2014 at 5:42 AM Post #1,733 of 9,047
At the back of the housing, next to the line out RCA, there is a male 3.0 USB plug. Insert the blue cable into it. Connect it to the charging port
smily_headphones1.gif

Billson

Thank you very much, But i have 1 qut

Can i charge my iDSD with electricity socket? Or just with PC,laptop

Nov 30, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #1,734 of 9,047
Thank you very much, But i have 2 qut

1- What is SmartPowr port doing?
2- Can i charge my iDSD with electricity socket? Or just with PC,laptop

The port on the side is meant to charge other devices while the iDSD is turned off such as a smartphone, tablet, DAP, etc. The iDSD can be charged with a typical usb port of 500mA current but i think it can accept up to 2.1A for faster charging time. For the first charge, charge until the blue light goes off without using. Congratulations on your new iDSD.

Nov 30, 2014 at 6:07 AM Post #1,735 of 9,047
The port on the side is meant to charge other devices while the iDSD is turned off such as a smartphone, tablet, DAP, etc. The iDSD can be charged with a typical usb port of 500mA current but i think it can accept up to 2.1A for faster charging time. For the first charge, charge until the blue light goes off without using. Congratulations on your new iDSD.

Thank you, But can i charge the iDSD like this (Electricity socket ) 

Nov 30, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #1,738 of 9,047
  Thank you, But can i charge the iDSD like this (Electricity socket ) 

Yes, you definitely can! In fact, charging with PC's USB might take you forever to fully charge it 
wink.gif

When blue light is off, means the unit is fully charged btw. 

Nov 30, 2014 at 6:46 AM Post #1,739 of 9,047
  Yes, you definitely can! In fact, charging with PC's USB might take you forever to fully charge it 
wink.gif

When blue light is off, means the unit is fully charged btw. 

Thank you, I'm now charging with a socket :)

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:43 AM Post #1,740 of 9,047
WOW!

I've been a fan of iFi products goin' back to my iCAN, iPhono, and my trusted iUSB PowerPlant - but when I got to hear the Micro iDSD at Canjam w/ my buddy Alex (Rosson - from Audeze) w/ my LCD-XCs I was simply blown-away!!

So, because its become so popular, it took a bit to get a unit for review (which I'm definitely keeping) - but, the wait was WORTH IT!!

This was the PERFECT couch system for drowning out all the political arguing goin' on during our Thanksgiving w/ my in-laws!!

AND - since I was initially blown-away using my LCD-XCs w/ the Micro - I HAD TO DO IT:

This was really somethin' special!! 
Especially w/ my new Double Helix Cables Comp4 SE for my Audezes
and also using the DHC USB cable..
This system led me into an all-night listening sesh!!!!

BRAVO iFi!!
BRAVO!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back