iFi audio Pro iDSD (Official) - NEW Firmware - MQA and more.
Apr 20, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #1,786 of 2,185
I seem to have convinced myself that the sound is better through USB and iFi iPurifier3 than it is streaming over Ethernet. Whether or not its just my perception, one thing for certain is that I am not too keen on the Muzo app and that is in itself enough for me to keep using Tidal desktop app over USB.

I also cant tell any audible difference so far between the various filters, is there a generally preferred one to choose?

Apr 20, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #1,787 of 2,185
I also cant tell any audible difference so far between the various filters, is there a generally preferred one to choose?

We generally recommend having a good amount of time with each before rotating to the next - the differences are subtle but they are there.

Bit Perfect and GTO are what we most commonly hear being used, but it's entirely up to you!

Apr 21, 2021 at 4:45 AM Post #1,788 of 2,185
Running USB from my laptop to the iFI Pro DSD, is there any advantage from using a iFi iPurifier3 in this chain?

I read this from the manual which makes me wonder if its pointless...?

"Full Galvanic Isolation
All inputs are galvanically-isolated (including USB). The USB input is self-powered and does not draw
power from the USB bus. Therefore, the USB section is quite impervious to aftermarket add-ons or
tuning accessories."

Apr 21, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #1,789 of 2,185
Running USB from my laptop to the iFI Pro DSD, is there any advantage from using a iFi iPurifier3 in this chain?

"Full Galvanic Isolation
All inputs are galvanically-isolated (including USB). The USB input is self-powered and does not draw
power from the USB bus. Therefore, the USB section is quite impervious to aftermarket add-ons or
tuning accessories."

Our best advice is to always try it out from an option you have to return it to if you notice anything!

The Pro iDSD is already quite immune to that with it's full galvanic isolation, but another barrier is always a good thing in our book as well!

Apr 21, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #1,790 of 2,185

"Full Galvanic Isolation
tuning accessories."
The thing about the iPurifier 3 and the iDSD Pro that I have noticed is that if there is an "edge" in your system's sound without it, it will smooth that over. For example, if you are using a laptop as a source and find that listening to poorly-recorded (e.g., 80's synthpop) music on your iDSD Pro is a little harsh, adding the iPurifier 3 to the chain will fix that.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #1,791 of 2,185
The thing about the iPurifier 3 and the iDSD Pro that I have noticed is that if there is an "edge" in your system's sound without it, it will smooth that over. For example, if you are using a laptop as a source and find that listening to poorly-recorded (e.g., 80's synthpop) music on your iDSD Pro is a little harsh, adding the iPurifier 3 to the chain will fix that.
FWIW: I was recently "challenged" to try a streamer in stead of my iMac. Must admit that the SOtM 200Ultra does enhance the SQ. And further reduces the latency when playing via wifi, This means that I can actually watch youtube/movies without delays. This is not possbile with the pro idsd alone...

Apr 29, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #1,792 of 2,185
Our best advice is to always try it out from an option you have to return it to if you notice anything!

The Pro iDSD is already quite immune to that with it's full galvanic isolation, but another barrier is always a good thing in our book as well!
Hi. Have a question about possible upgrades to newer USB chips for the iDSD. Just wondering if it would be possible to send the DAC in for upgrades?
Thanks.

Apr 29, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #1,793 of 2,185
Hi. Have a question about possible upgrades to newer USB chips for the iDSD. Just wondering if it would be possible to send the DAC in for upgrades?
Thanks.

Let me check in on this for you with our team!

May 25, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #1,794 of 2,185
hi, i got my antenna and wonder how do i use ifi pro idsd as streamer using roon, without using an ethernet cable, just relying on wifi connections

i know probably this has been asked but i appreciate the help

May 25, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #1,795 of 2,185
I realized the other day that iDSD Pro has a 10/100 Ethernet port, not a gigabit connection. That was rather disappointing to discover. It explains the hiccups when trying to stream anything above 16/44.1 to the DAC via LAN.

Last edited:
May 26, 2021 at 1:48 AM Post #1,796 of 2,185
I realized the other day that iDSD Pro has a 10/100 Ethernet port, not a gigabit connection. That was rather disappointing to discover. It explains the hiccups when trying to stream anything above 16/44.1 to the DAC via LAN.
I morely wish they update the firmware to support newer SD Cards and to get a fix for my shown N/A Display, when i try to switch the filter. Waiting for month...

Last edited:
May 26, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #1,797 of 2,185
hi, i got my antenna and wonder how do i use ifi pro idsd as streamer using roon, without using an ethernet cable, just relying on wifi connections

i know probably this has been asked but i appreciate the help
iFi used to have some kind of Roon bridge software for a PC to use to stream to the iDSD. I’m not sure if it still works with the latest version of Roon.

May 26, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #1,798 of 2,185
iFi used to have some kind of Roon bridge software for a PC to use to stream to the iDSD. I’m not sure if it still works with the latest version of Roon.
anyone an give an input on this roon bridge

@iFi audio

May 26, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #1,800 of 2,185
Yes, Inlove the ipurifier3, it really helps smooth everything out, subjective I know, but I love these products!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back