iFi audio Pro iDSD (Official) - NEW Firmware - MQA and more.
May 26, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #1,801 of 2,185

it keeps disconnecting once i see it on roon

is it still working? i tried on roon and audirivana when I press search using the bridge app it creates a config file and i press bridge and i see the bridge turn green and the players see the ifi but disconnects immediately

on roon I enabled squeezebox

I do not know know what is going on

on my muzo player phone app it works

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #1,803 of 2,185
Can anyone compare the sound quality (only that) between the micro signature and the idsd pro?

Thanks.
The Micro Signature sounds nice and is impressive for such a small package, but the iDSD Pro is much more layered and detailed. Upright piano vs. Steinway grand piano. The Pro sound improves when you upgrade the tubes and when you increase the quality of power it is fed, while the micro signature is battery-powered and has no such needs. Powering the iCan Pro and iDSD Pro with the iPower Elite and SupaNova cables is the best I've ever heard them.

Jun 30, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #1,805 of 2,185
Come join iFi audio on our newly soft-launched Discord server!

Here’s an invite link, let me know if you need a new one: iFi audio

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions, and drop an introduction once you join!

Thanks,

-Seb

Jun 30, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #1,806 of 2,185
Now that the Zen Stream is out, will ifi work at upgrading the streamer function of the Pro iDSD? I think ifi's flagship totally deserves this love too. Also it will manifest that when ifi says "future proofed" it really is!

I'll check in with the team to see if there are any future plans!

Jul 6, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #1,808 of 2,185
Streamer function, please update! Any future plans?
Yes, @iFi audio, please tell us if there’s a new iDSD Pro firmware version coming out to improve streaming or admit that iDSD Pro updates have been abandoned in favor of introducing new smaller, cuter iFi devices. 😝

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #1,809 of 2,185
Now that the Zen Stream is out, will ifi work at upgrading the streamer function of the Pro iDSD? I think ifi's flagship totally deserves this love too. Also it will manifest that when ifi says "future proofed" it really is!
Or if they can’t fix the streaming function they could give a free or heavily discounted Zen Stream to current Pro iDSD owners.

Jul 27, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #1,810 of 2,185
can i ask please for crazy to drive headphones, such as he6se, would i get better results if i use the ifi pro dsd as preamp to my violectric 590, than using the volume control; of my amp and the ifi at fixed volume output

Aug 4, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #1,812 of 2,185
Anyone try the AQ Jitterbug FMJ with the Pro iDSD?

Aug 5, 2021 at 6:38 AM Post #1,813 of 2,185
Last edited:
Aug 5, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #1,814 of 2,185
Anyone try the AQ Jitterbug FMJ with the Pro iDSD?
Regardless of what ASR says and whether or not the AQ Jitterbug FMJ makes the USB signal “cleaner,” it may change the sound to your liking (or not). I previously noted that using the iFi Audio iPurifier 3.0 with the Pro iDSD makes the resulting sound a bit smoother. If that’s the kind of thing you’re looking for from the FMJ, it might be worth it.

Aug 5, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #1,815 of 2,185
Regardless of what ASR says and whether or not the AQ Jitterbug FMJ makes the USB signal “cleaner,” it may change the sound to your liking (or not). I previously noted that using the iFi Audio iPurifier 3.0 with the Pro iDSD makes the resulting sound a bit smoother. If that’s the kind of thing you’re looking for from the FMJ, it might be worth it.
Yeah, I don't care for that site at all. It's worth a shot to see if it does anything for my setup. More curious then anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back