iFi Audio nano iDSD Black Label (TOUR details - PAGE 12 / TOUR participants - page 26 post #386)
Nov 10, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #226 of 1,008
Probably safe to assume it is the same as the IEMatch, but it would be good to have confirmation before I start soldering.

https://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/accessory-iematch/

Correct, that is the only pinout that allows both SE and Balanced to work from the same jack. The pinout between SE and Balanced are identical, except balanced splits the single GND collar to separate L- and R-. Also note, that AK 2.5mm TRRS is completely different pinout.

Nov 10, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #228 of 1,008
Sorry boys, no impressions from me tonight. I ordered the Nano and it was delivered today, but inside, was the Micro instead. So have to send it back for an exchange.

A BL Micro? Dude keep it and sell it. Then use the funds to buy the Nano and pocket the rest! Bet it will be close to a free Nano.

Nov 10, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #229 of 1,008
Sorry boys, no impressions from me tonight. I ordered the Nano and it was delivered today, but inside, was the Micro instead. So have to send it back for an exchange.
If its the bl thats kind of a bonus

Nov 11, 2017 at 4:14 AM Post #230 of 1,008
Just finished auditioning the Nano BL. It has that warmish yet detailed SQ. Plenty of power to boot. Size is comparable with the Mojo with it's case.
IMG_20171111_1545276.jpg

Unfortunately, it can't read my phone - KEYone (Type C) and my #3. So the guys at Zeppelin lend me their DPX1A with was detected after a reboot.
IMG_20171111_1606098.jpg

What stopped me from purchasing it are the compatibility issues and that USB A connection - which i would still need to purchase a separate cable.

It's a great bargain for S$250! But i'll let the firmware mature 1st before I'll be getting one.

Nov 11, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #231 of 1,008
Thanks for the photos and impressions, size/format seem to indicate its definitely designed to be a "poor-man's" Mojo, I can't see why it won't sell well at its price/perfomance point. My order with Future Shop is still "processing".

Nov 11, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #232 of 1,008
Thanks for the photos and impressions, size/format seem to indicate its definitely designed to be a "poor-man's" Mojo, I can't see why it won't sell well at its price/perfomance point. My order with Future Shop is still "processing".

Yes, i believe it will sell very well too!

It's way lighter than the Mojo. The guys at Zeppelin mentioned that Type C devices have issues right now. They also can't get it to work with Opus and Ibasso DAPs but no issues with AK DAPs

Nov 11, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #233 of 1,008
Mojo is a poorer mans Hugo.

Nov 11, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #234 of 1,008
Yes, i believe it will sell very well too!

It's way lighter than the Mojo. The guys at Zeppelin mentioned that Type C devices have issues right now. They also can't get it to work with Opus and Ibasso DAPs but no issues with AK DAPs

When/if mine arrives I will test it with my Shanling m1, m2s and m3s and HTC10, all USB C devices and see what happens. I have a cable here that works with these USB C devices and DFR that should connect up perfectly.

Nov 11, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #235 of 1,008
When/if mine arrives I will test it with my Shanling m1, m2s and m3s and HTC10, all USB C devices and see what happens. I have a cable here that works with these USB C devices and DFR that should connect up perfectly.

I also have an M2s but i didn't bring it with me. I was of course counting on my phone but was surprised that it couldn't read it. So yeah, hope it does work.

Nov 11, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #238 of 1,008
Sorry man. I guess I have a brand new Micro BL for sale now. I need something more portable. I’ll list it later today. Or maybe we could arrange a trade of some sort?
U could keep it for desktop use

Users who are viewing this thread

Back