iFi Audio nano iDSD Black Label (TOUR details - PAGE 12 / TOUR participants - page 26 post #386)

1. georgelai57
    There are two things I don’t understand and these are:
    1. The BL has a male USB plug inside a socket? I can’t tell from their website. Anyway how do I connect this to an iPhone which is my primary purpose? Do I need or not need an Apple CCK and if I do does it connect directly into the BL or do I need a second cable?
    2. What is S-balanced? Do my normal SE cables work on this or do I need to rewire them to get the full benefit?

Thanks in advance.

2. jmills8
    iPhoneiDSDm01.jpg

peter123 likes this.
  3. jmills8
    iFiMicroiDSD1.jpg

Anjolie and georgelai57 like this.
  4. BB 808
    The CCK fits perfectly in that socket and the lighting end goes into your iPhone.

georgelai57 likes this.
  5. georgelai57
    Hi. Thanks for not just the reply but also the photo. That explains things perfectly.

6. ExpatinJapan
    7BE14ABA-A37B-4297-83C6-EDF87DC0B379.jpeg 0DD188E0-4979-4268-AAF2-8908B95EBF9C.jpeg CC03053C-A1D7-4A49-B9C2-319801BE7994.jpeg

Photos from the recent Fujiya Avic Tokyo show...

...prototype xDSD...

1DE7B402-66C7-4383-9F95-AB76B45B64C8.jpeg

CC850930-09DB-4A6D-9A4F-7E66778CD4DA.jpeg

(Moar pics on the ol bloggy blog blog)

7. theaudiologist
    i decided that, since I have the LG V20, the DAC is already much better than cheaper DACs, so I'm aiming for for >$500 DACs like the Mojo or Micro IDSD BL. thanks guys for your help

TimeSnow likes this.
  8. Bansaku
    Hot diggity dawg the xDSD looks sweet!! Me wants!!!

9. Ricardo Daza
    Dear iFi, why do you keep ignoring the question on the MQA device type? Is it a full MQA decoder or just a renderer like the Audioquest Dragonfly?

musicfan145 likes this.
  10. musicfan145
    I’ve also been wondering why they won’t answer. It’s not a hard question; it’s either a full decoder or a renderer only. There’s no shame in being a renderer only, but it would be nice to know.

11. iFi audio
    We somehow missed that one. It's a renderer.

12. musicfan145
    Thanks! I look forward to getting mine tomorrow between 12:20-5:05pm. Not that I've been obsessively refreshing the FedEx tracking page or anything. :articulated_lorry:

Now, back to Googling 3.5mm TRRS connectors...

superuser1, George Taylor and endgame like this.
  13. musicfan145
    Speaking of which, can we get a pinout? There seem to be several different ways to wire up a TRRS balanced plug.

14. TimeSnow
    I have a set of headphones coming in with a balanced cable... first time to have a balanced cable... how can I - in plain english - determine if it will work with this?

Anyone?

15. musicfan145
    Probably safe to assume it is the same as the IEMatch, but it would be good to have confirmation before I start soldering.

https://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/accessory-iematch/