iFi Audio IPurifier3.0
Nov 18, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #123 of 442
I Know that the out put could be type A or type B, but the input it's always type B , isn't? ( I hope the input could be as well type A, I already have good cables)
Thanks a lot Bansaku

Type-A to Type-A male cable? Now that is an oddity!

Nov 18, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #124 of 442
The input the iP3 is USB A 2.0 or you can use USB A 3.0 but the output connector is A 2.0

It is not. The iPurifier/2/3 all use USB 3.0 Type-B female for the input (though still only USB 2.0), the outputs do vary. The iP2 for example had USB-mini and micro options.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #126 of 442
Nov 18, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #127 of 442
20181118_213404.jpg

Nov 18, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #131 of 442
One of my configurations with the DragonFly Red: Laptop---> iSilencer---> iDefender w/iPower---> Blue USB A to B cable---> iPurifier3---> DragonFly Red---> HiFiMan HE4XX.
IMG_0360_hf.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 3:18 AM Post #132 of 442
Hi Guys, I have intentions to buy the purifier 3, but I have a problem related to connections. I would like to know what is the input of the purifier? it's usb B isn't? ( it looks like from the photos ) . If it's do you know any reliable brand that make them , OTG to USB B ? I'm on the internet and I literally only find one cable that has this type of connection.( one that doesn't not inspire me much ). Any tips or clarification I would be very grateful. Cheers!
This is my portable system :
There are also adapters included in the box to micro-B and C.

Nov 19, 2018 at 7:28 AM Post #133 of 442
I think the cable matters a lot for the connection with ipurifier. I used one generic very cheap included from a raspberry pi hub and my testing was really compromised. I need to redo everything with using the usb A to B blue cable included with my ione.

I believe that most people had at least in the past their decent audio cables as an A to B and this is why the input is B in ipurifier. But if you have a very expensive cable like the curious, as I see in the picture, that might be an issue, I am not sure if the adapters included in the box help.

IMG_20181118_122443796.jpg

Nov 19, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #134 of 442
For now this is what I will use , let see how much magic the ifi purifier 3 could do ! Surely it will compromise...
It didn't even occurred me before the route of having an adapter it seems like the best reliable option ( the tail from audioquest works well , so I assume the adapter will work just as well )
So presently it will be 3 pound cable , in the future it will be a good adapter with a good cable in it.

Cheers Everybody
Cable for ifi.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #135 of 442
For now this is what I will use , let see how much magic the ifi purifier 3 could do ! Surely it will compromise...
It didn't even occurred me before the route of having an adapter it seems like the best reliable option ( the tail from audioquest works well , so I assume the adapter will work just as well )
So presently it will be 3 pound cable , in the future it will be a good adapter with a good cable in it.

Cheers Everybody
Mojo should get a big boost from ipurifier I hope this adapter will not negate any benefit from your curious cable which has raving reviews and considered as a top top cable. All cheap adapters or usb cables are not the same. Some Amazon usb cables are great for a cheap price.

And I find Amazing value and quality the new ifi usb mini b adapter although I just do not use it much because my android phone is not having a good usb bus so sounds crap out of usb.

Maybe ifi can do some quality adapters for ipurifier as the ones they did for the xDSD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back