iFi Audio IPurifier3.0
Nov 3, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #106 of 442
Actually in general, these are very tough questions to answer with yes or not. There are so many variables. Software, updated apps that change behaviour and so so much...
This pretty much sums it up. All we can do in the end is give things a listen and decide for ourselves which combination sounds best to us.

Nov 3, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #107 of 442
But it seems that improves the sound even further with xDSD from my surface book and I do not know how I should feel about this.

That poor sack! :astonished:

But ya, I know what ya mean.

Edit: And ya, Apple likes to mess things up with each iOS update. I agree, iOS 11 did sound better, as did the previous and so on. IIRC iOS performed best with audio right up until the iOS update killed the use of my 3rd party CCK (I was still using 5th Gen iPod touch) and started a slow (well, skewed) decent. Not saying it's bad, or has gotten worse per say, I just can't seem to pin-point the exact reasons. But at the end of the day I ignore it and just enjoy the music.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #108 of 442
IMG_2529.JPG

Nov 3, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #110 of 442
Nov 5, 2018 at 4:49 AM Post #114 of 442
I like your review very much and I agree with a lot of your comments especially :

"I did want to choose only one of them, but had to discover they best work together, at least with my system."

Unexpectedly, I find too that I need them both even when the signal is coming from a special network streamer like Usbridge which is powered from an ifi ipower!!! Does not make any sense.

It seems to me that jitterbug does a slightly different job and one device complements the other rather than competing / substituting. For example, jitterbug improves the WiFi signal from the WiFi adapter in my usbridge and so forth. I took this trick from a reader in Darko.

You just made my to task to write a review much more difficult...:)

Well done. Great review.

Nov 5, 2018 at 7:50 PM Post #116 of 442
Nov 18, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #119 of 442
Hi Guys, I have intentions to buy the purifier 3, but I have a problem related to connections. I would like to know what is the input of the purifier? it's usb B isn't? ( it looks like from the photos ) . If it's do you know any reliable brand that make them , OTG to USB B ? I'm on the internet and I literally only find one cable that has this type of connection.( one that doesn't not inspire me much ). Any tips or clarification I would be very grateful. Cheers!
This is my portable system :

Attachments

• 20181118_213404.jpg
    20181118_213404.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Nov 18, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #120 of 442
Hi Guys, I have intentions to buy the purifier 3, but I have a problem related to connections. I would like to know what is the input of the purifier? it's usb B isn't? ( it looks like from the photos ) . If it's do you know any reliable brand that make them , OTG to USB B ? I'm on the internet and I literally only find one cable that has this type of connection.( one that doesn't not inspire me much ). Any tips or clarification I would be very grateful. Cheers!
This is my portable system :

The iPurifier3 is available in USB Type-A and Type-B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back