iFi audio GO blu - Super small. Super light. Super Sound.
Jan 11, 2022 at 10:33 PM Post #991 of 1,588
No worries. Happens with other connectors as well in different plugs and sockets configurations.

thank you very much. I don't think the noise at the balanced port is caused by the jacks. when I see the noise I have tried the dunu falcon headphones 4.4mm headset and still have noise. I think the noise at port 4.4 is there and if the headset has low impedance, it is. if go blue had a sensitivity knob that would probably solve the problem.

If we're talking about noise here, this and the Pentaconn plug issue are two very different things.

We created IEmatch to solve hiss and you can pick one up in 3.5 or 4.4 if you wish.

Jan 12, 2022 at 1:21 AM Post #992 of 1,588
If we're talking about noise here, this and the Pentaconn plug issue are two very different things.

We created IEmatch to solve hiss and you can pick one up in 3.5 or 4.4 if you wish.
Hey, thank you all for the many replies. Does the Rematch affect/influence the sound signature in any way (apart from noise) or is it entirely neutral and the IEMs will have just the same signature?

Jan 12, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #993 of 1,588
Hey, thank you all for the many replies. Does the Rematch affect/influence the sound signature in any way (apart from noise) or is it entirely neutral and the IEMs will have just the same signature?

It does not affect sound signature in the way you describe it akin to an EQ curve seen on our Zen Signature units.

Please read the second review by @goodyfresh for an accurate explanation of why this is a common misunderstanding with IEMatch:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ifi-audio-iematch-headphone-travel-accessory.22072/reviews

Jan 12, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #994 of 1,588
Generally output impedance can alter the sound of an IEM/headphone. The actual changes depend on the headphone itself and the impedance curve it has. The IEM match has between 1 - 2.5 ohms of output impedance vs that of the iFi Go Blu which is < 1 ohm. Those differences may not make the biggest difference in sound though as it's still quite low.

Jan 15, 2022 at 10:52 AM Post #995 of 1,588
I want to understand and make sense of it.
There is an iFi Go Blue and a 2019 MacBook Pro 16.
The MacBook and iFi are connected via USB and have no Bluetooth connection. The playback source is Apple Music, with a playback quality setting of "High Resolution Louseless ALAC up to 24 bit/192 kHz".
And when playing music, when you double-tap the power button, a pleasant voice tells you that 44.1 kHz. Changing the music output quality settings in Music, changing the quality of the output music in AUDIO-MIDI application does not work, the voice reports 44.1 kHz.
What am I doing wrong? Or what I don't understand?

Jan 15, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #996 of 1,588
I want to understand and make sense of it.
There is an iFi Go Blue and a 2019 MacBook Pro 16.
The MacBook and iFi are connected via USB and have no Bluetooth connection. The playback source is Apple Music, with a playback quality setting of "High Resolution Louseless ALAC up to 24 bit/192 kHz".
And when playing music, when you double-tap the power button, a pleasant voice tells you that 44.1 kHz. Changing the music output quality settings in Music, changing the quality of the output music in AUDIO-MIDI application does not work, the voice reports 44.1 kHz.
What am I doing wrong? Or what I don't understand?
Could be that the MacBook is not outputting bitperfect audio. I think that's always an issue with Mac-based music players (Audirvana is one exception). Also, GO blu is capped at 24/96 even via USB, so you're not going to hit 24/192 even if you have 24/192 music playing.

Jan 15, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #997 of 1,588
Possibly, but then it's very strange that in the built-in Music app you can select a playback quality higher than 44.1 and when you select ALAC at maximum quality you get a warning that this quality is only available when wired to an external device. It's also odd that there's a built-in Audio - Midi app inside the Macbook, and it's very old, and it allows you to adjust the audio input/output for each device and there are settings much higher than 44.1.
I'm trying to find something on this subject, but so far I've only found something about the old settings for the optical output in Macbooks.

Jan 16, 2022 at 3:52 AM Post #1,000 of 1,588
I bought it last week, enjoying it so far. I really like the wheel volume, it's essential to me to have accurate steps, but in my opinon there is still room for improvement, sometimes it seems not 100% gradual.

As other mate said before is not acceptable a prestigious company like iFi not offer a propper app to control the device, a third-party side load app to update the firmware is not really up to this company in my opinion.

All in all very enjoyable and great sound device.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2022 at 3:57 AM Post #1,001 of 1,588
Jan 16, 2022 at 5:14 AM Post #1,002 of 1,588
I received mine yesterday and immeadiately send it back. This thing is nearly unuasable with all of my IEMS (Solaris, Fourte, Dorado, Diana) ... hiss, hiss, hiss even on the 3.5mm jack. This is unacceptable for a 200€ device. Even much cheaper devies perform much better.

Jan 16, 2022 at 7:30 AM Post #1,003 of 1,588
Possibly, but then it's very strange that in the built-in Music app you can select a playback quality higher than 44.1 and when you select ALAC at maximum quality you get a warning that this quality is only available when wired to an external device. It's also odd that there's a built-in Audio - Midi app inside the Macbook, and it's very old, and it allows you to adjust the audio input/output for each device and there are settings much higher than 44.1.
I'm trying to find something on this subject, but so far I've only found something about the old settings for the optical output in Macbooks.
The theory that the MacBook can't deliver better than 44.1 kilohertz doesn't seem to hold up. Today I connected my Quedelix 5k via USB to a laptop and it showed under similar conditions that it sees 96 kilohertz quality. And remarkably, through its settings app, you can change the output quality of the laptop. So I'm much less sure now that the problem is on the Macbook side or the wire.
What else could be the reason why the iFi Go Blu only sees 44.1 kHz?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back