iFi audio GO blu - Super small. Super light. Super Sound.
Sep 11, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #107 of 1,588
Can you give any more specifics here? Like what those different audiences and needs might be? The cost difference is obvious, so why would anyone grab the xcan for example if the blu is available?

This general consensus is...

xCAN and xDSD were our first Go (pun intended) at a Bluetooth device. Price generally trickles down over time, as does our R&D - one of the many reasons outside of production reasons the Go Blu is cheaper than both.

The xCAN still provides more power than the Go Blu, and is more meant for users that range from IEMs to full-sized headphones that need a bit more juice and aren't wired in.

The xDSD provides much of the same of the xCAN, but is meant for people who want the best of both world being desktop and portable, allowing them to use the xDSD for things like higher resolution playback and MQA support.

The Go Blu is the more entry-level of those two options (but not to be discarded at all for being entry-level) and provides an incredible deal, form factor, and features we are known for in the analog domain which are generally unheard of for this size.

I hope you guys would have a giveaway or promo for this!

We may, you never know!

Except in Australia, apparently.

Euros, Pounds and Greenbacks are often the same whole number but us poor Canucks and those poor Ozzies alway get exchange rated..... We do not benefit from our over inflated dollars.

Exactly this - unfortunately we do not control the cost of the dollar.

How do we know its the correct VRMS? or should we not pay too much attention to that?

I'd personally say it's something you should not pay too much attention too - it isn't as important in the grand scheme of things considering what the Go Blu will be usually be powering.

1ohm output impedance. 🤔 price? If the price is right then no MQA is very welcome indeed

199!

Will it connect to a Samsung led TV from 2016 in Bluetooth mode?

It should work with anything that has two-way Bluetooth.

Battery question has been answered...must return to ifi, not user replaceable. Haven't heard about firmware updates yet

Yes, firmware updates will be provided!

Sep 11, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #108 of 1,588
Any word on the batteries? Can they be easily replaced? Is it firmware upgradable? Cool design. Like a matchbox.

See reply above! Batteries can be replaced if they're sent into us.

Sep 11, 2021 at 9:08 PM Post #112 of 1,588
This general consensus is...

xCAN and xDSD were our first Go (pun intended) at a Bluetooth device. Price generally trickles down over time, as does our R&D - one of the many reasons outside of production reasons the Go Blu is cheaper than both.

The xCAN still provides more power than the Go Blu, and is more meant for users that range from IEMs to full-sized headphones that need a bit more juice and aren't wired in.

The xDSD provides much of the same of the xCAN, but is meant for people who want the best of both world being desktop and portable, allowing them to use the xDSD for things like higher resolution playback and MQA support.

The Go Blu is the more entry-level of those two options (but not to be discarded at all for being entry-level) and provides an incredible deal, form factor, and features we are known for in the analog domain which are generally unheard of for this size.

We may, you never know!

Exactly this - unfortunately we do not control the cost of the dollar.

I'd personally say it's something you should not pay too much attention too - it isn't as important in the grand scheme of things considering what the Go Blu will be usually be powering.

199!

It should work with anything that has two-way Bluetooth.

Yes, firmware updates will be provided!
Cool, thanks a lot for the insides! Could you write something about the sound characteristics XDSD vs Go Blu? Since they use different DAC chips...

Also I was wondering about the materials of the Go Blu. So the black surface is plastic with a metal plate on it?

Sep 12, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #113 of 1,588
When will this be available in the US? Will this be at Canjam SoCal?

Sep 12, 2021 at 4:10 AM Post #115 of 1,588
Cool, thanks a lot for the insides! Could you write something about the sound characteristics XDSD vs Go Blu? Since they use different DAC chips...
That’s — sound characteristic comparisons — are largely what reviews are for. There really isn’t a “good” official answer if they are not identical. :santa:

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2021 at 4:27 AM Post #116 of 1,588
As I just got up from the couch in pajamas, I am reminded how useful and important a good clip (such as found on the 5K, not the ES100/W3) is for a truly portable BT receiver is..

Unless there are *exceptionally good* SQ reports, this alone will prevent me from purchasing a Go.

Hooray for a volume knob; hopefully there are sufficient sales to have an improved “v2” design later.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2021 at 4:54 AM Post #119 of 1,588

Users who are viewing this thread

Back