iFi audio Classic Revival
Mar 18, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #91 of 155
First stop – good causes – know any organizations or charities that could benefit from some of our equipment? Drop us a line.

I know of quite a few meet-ups would love to have some of your outstanding products as raffle prizes, and donate the raffle cash to a local organization and/or charity! The way I see it, it's a trickle down win win win!

Second – we have three mysterious boxes to give away.

box 1.jpg
Mystery-Box-Page-Image.jpg
box 2.jpg

Booya, 3 mysterious boxes! Like these!? Well, maybe not the 3rd, looks a little shady... :thinking:

And, yes, they will have our stuff in them, they’re not mysterious empty boxes.

Oh, I would have been happy with the box, but this is pretty awesome too! So you get a cool mysterious box, with your "stuff" in it? Hmm, what kind of, "stuff"? Dirty socks? A half-eaten sandwich? Old receipts you are trying to hide from the HMRC? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But we’re not letting on exactly what is in them other than it’s classic goodness!
Ah, now I understand! Antiquated yet still excellent performers, like say, the original micro iTube or iCAN, perhaps even the original iGemini? :yum:

The rules are simple: there are none.
Sweet! That's how I like to roll!:metal: :sunglasses:

Simply let us know what would you like to get, how are you going to use it and that's it.
Hey! You clearly said no rules! :rolling_eyes:
However, I suppose I can let it slide. You aren't mind readers or psychic, and you had me at "mysterious box"! :sweat_smile:

Seeing how there are 3 mysterious boxes, I am going to have 3 wishes for what I would like them to contain.

Box 1: Given the fact by your very example as to what is regarded as classic, I would like this box to contain a micro iDSD! After auditioning Sennheiser's new HDV 820, my iFi stack NEEDS to be DSD capable! Once you hear it, there is no going back! Not to mention my OCD has gotten the better of me and I have my iDAC hidden from sight; Either way around, I have cables coming out the front of the unit thus ruining the sleek look of the stack. If the mysterious box does in fact net me a micro iDSD, my micro iDAC will be donated to my niece who is currently working on the West coast, a full province and time zone away from her family and friends. She spends most of her waking time working while listening to her headphones out of her laptop. She deserves far better!

Box 2: nano IDSD. I spend 2 hours each day on public transit with only my iPod touch and Momentums; My ears and soul crave a more blissful work commute!

Box 3: Any USB cable such as the iMercury or iGemini. I currently use an iGeminipoop, a cheap home-made knock off of the iGemini, consisting of dollar store USB cables and repurposed ferrite chokes that came with my old 1MP digital cameras. It's ugly, but it works! But would you put a cheap PRC made spoiler from eBay on your new Corvette? I think not! Especially one with duct tape!

Anyway folks, good luck! :sunglasses:

Mar 18, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #92 of 155
Second – we have three mysterious boxes to give away. And, yes, they will have our stuff in them, they’re not mysterious empty boxes. But we’re not letting on exactly what is in them other than it’s classic goodness!
So you get a cool mysterious box, with your "stuff" in it? Hmm, what kind of, "stuff"? Dirty socks? A half-eaten sandwich? Old receipts you are trying to hide from the HMRC? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Mar 18, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #93 of 155
Mar 19, 2018 at 6:18 AM Post #96 of 155
Have been using just iFi products for the past few years for my desktop setup (iDAC2, iCAN SE, iRack, iPurifier 1st & 2nd gen, iSilencer) and I'm hoping to be able to try out the Micro/Nano black labels.

Mar 19, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #98 of 155
Simply let us know what would you like to get, how are you going to use it and that's it.

I would like to win one of the three mystery boxes and am either integrating it in a s headphone or speaker setup. Especially the latter, my more or less abandoned Swans M1 speakers, would benefit from new driving gear, and some DIY speaker projects that I have started quite a while ago but not finished yet would also benefit from some of your gear.

The micro iTube (that one especially since I don't have any tube gear at the moment except for my Nordmende Traviata 58 tube radio), micro iDSD and iEMatch are things I'm very interested in, but your other active and passive gear as well as accessories don't look bad either.

Mar 19, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #99 of 155
I would like to partake of the mystery boxes. I would love an iDSD Black Nano but, truth be told, any item would be coveted. I would use these items to be able to bring great sound to my sons, who are seemingly too busy to ever slow down enough to listen. Any of the items you create would go miles towards getting them exposed to 'proper' great sounds...

Mar 20, 2018 at 5:01 AM Post #100 of 155
While not being retro, a xDSD would be amazing to have :slight_smile:. I want to upgrade from my 5 year old Fiio E17 amp/dac to a high price/quality one, so that I would be able to grasp the full potential of my recently bought AKG K7XX!
The iFi Micro iDSD BL would be amazing, but this one is too expensive for me. While the E17 is currently my workhorse an alternative upgrade would be to use a Micro iUSB 3.0 to perfect the USB-signal.
So my request would be to surprise me with anything that would be an upgrade to my system :).

Mar 20, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #101 of 155
Obviously, the box I will receive (no doubt about that) will contain every piece of classic ifi hardware on the market right now so that I can pimp these on various social media sites and spread the ifi love <3
Given the magnitude of such a gift and my *humble* social media presence, new customers, some of whom never heard about audiophile equipment, would flock to online and retail stores to purchase that sweet (h)ifi gear.
Imagine all those local (french) media outlets waiting to interview me in the morning wondering what caused such an internet phenomenon, the economical fallback would be huge !
Furthermore, imagine their looks when I'll strut about to work with a Retro 50 as a high end boombox ...

Your products already carry so much features, I have no doubt your box will do the same :wink:

Mar 20, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #102 of 155
I would love to get the iFi iDSD Micro Black Label...

I've been dreaming of getting it for the past year because of its versatility and features!
Be it with over-ear hungry cans or silent IEMs, it has it all.
You can't beat it at its price point, it's just the perfect product for my desk setup.

Mar 20, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #103 of 155

I've been dreaming of getting it for the past year because of its versatility and features!
Be it with over-ear hungry cans or silent IEMs, it has it all.
You can't beat it at its price point, it's just the perfect product for my desk setup.
For me, it totally is the jack of all trades. Serves my needs perfectly.

Mar 20, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #104 of 155

Ah, that's honestly great to hear, but have you read what this thread is all about? If not, everything we've explained in its first post and we encourage you and anyone with i.e. our BL machines on thier wishlist :L3000:

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Mar 20, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #105 of 155
Sorry, I may have misunderstood the OP then... English isn't my native language.

I read it a couple of times and still didn't understand what I did wrong :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back