iFi audio Classic Revival
Mar 15, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #47 of 155
Oooooh, I would like something with tubes in it. I have a ifi dac 2 and an ifi micro can SE and they are great for what I want but would like a tube 'add on' to see if I like the sound.

Mar 15, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #48 of 155
For me its easy - I have the iDSD and love it. Its the centre of my home set-up, and I have to intention to change. I got to hear the iTube and loved that too - subtle but excellent speaker pre-amp.

I always wanted an iTube and iRack but its simply out of my reach at the moment.

If I'm lucky enough to be able to complete my iFi home set-up, I'll be donating my passive bookshelf speakers and Audio-gd NFB-12 to my Mum (classical lover) along with a DAP so she has a full micro system. She already has my K701s.

Actually - regardless of whether I get an iFi bonus or not - she'll still get the speaker system :)

Mar 15, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #49 of 155
agh, now I understand LOL! Actually I don't know any charity organizations which can benefit from HIFI equipment, except our head-fi community. So being oldest hifi internet community we deserve all"classics" then anyone else :). Personally I would enjoy stack of idac, itube and ican on my desktop!

Mar 15, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #50 of 155
i would need the idsd blacks, either one would do, as i have a crippled portable setup now that needs ramification

Mar 15, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #53 of 155
I was going to buy an idsd micro bl but if you were giving classic versions, those would do fine as well. I will be using it with full size cans for an ipad. No creative story here, just the truth.

Mar 15, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #54 of 155
What product would i like? That about the easiest question I could ever answer, iFi Pro iCAN! Best amplifier I've ever heard or reviewed regardless of price! What would I do with it? PSSSH plug it into my PS4 with the 3D more turned up so I could be all sneaky snake on my multiplayer games and boop people in the head and then jump away just like the dog booping the cat (inserted a reference below just so you can visualize the shenanigans that would ensue)!!! And um * cough cough* do some serious listening with it too of course *insert serious face* .
hey-cat-imma-boop-your-head.jpg

Mar 15, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #55 of 155
I would like to have an iFi micro DSD. I want to use it as a 'friend' to live. A friend that i will carry wherever i go and any condition. I'm a third year college student and next semester i have to write a thesis. I want iFi Micro as a friend that keeps me writing all night, a friend that guide me to graduation, as a friend that help me to calm when i looking for a job, as a friend when i got my job and so on. I want it to be part of my life.

Mar 15, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #57 of 155
I'd love a Stereo 50 - I'm currently renovating/extending my kitchen and it is on the short list as a sound system which the mrs would let me keep out because she likes the look of it!

Mar 15, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #60 of 155
iFi audio Classic Revival
Oh yes, we’re bringing ‘em back!

WHAT?

Yup, you got it right, we’ve now been around long enough to have a retro revival of our original, classic products.

And to celebrate we thought we’d give some of them away.

First, I hear you asking what makes a ‘classic’ product in the iFi sense? Well, I shall tell you.

In short, each model has a life cycle and once it's completed, it becomes a retro item, something that belongs to the past. We do the R&D, the initial assembly, the early beta tests, then external evaluation, the final testing, set a launch date, get the mass production version to our retailers who sell it for a time and then, we, being the kind of folk who never rest, then start thinking how we can make it better.

Hence the birth of the iTube2 and the micro iDSD Black Label, these then make their earlier counterparts ‘classics’ – the originals that set the standard for us to push forward.

Many of these ‘classics’ still cut the mustard today, even if we do say so ourselves!

So, we thought we’d give some away to you good folks out there.

HOW?

First stop – good causes – know any organizations or charities that could benefit from some of our equipment? Drop us a line.

Second – we have three mysterious boxes to give away. And, yes, they will have our stuff in them, they’re not mysterious empty boxes. But we’re not letting on exactly what is in them other than it’s classic goodness!

The rules are simple: there are none. Simply let us know what would you like to get, how are you going to use it and that's it. Creativity will be rewarded....

One, two, three, go!

Closing date is the 31st of March 2018 and several days later we'll reveal to whom our mysterious goodie bags will go.
I would love anything ifi audio to give to my teenage son who is getting into audio aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back