iFi audio Classic Revival
Mar 14, 2018 at 11:31 PM Post #33 of 155
I would love the Stereo 50.

I often find myself sexually attracted to high quality wood products, so essentially anything that looks and feels "woody" needs to be in my collection, for me to do... THINGS with. It would go perfectly with my Nighthawk, and ZMF Auteur (once that shows up), among many of my other wood fetish satisfying products. In fact, I currently live in a treehouse in Canada, made from the finest softwood lumber that we're keeping for ourselves, from trees cut down by select teams of free-range service beavers. I have to admit that I've had feelings for the Stereo 50 for some time now. I never bought one because it's the kind of attraction that you're afraid of. Like when you see that girl you like but don't say anything because you're afraid you'll only fall in love harder. And speaking of harder, I'm struggling with the tightness of my pants at even the thought of potentially being the lucky recipient of one of these. Suffice to say that "how I would use it" isn't exactly fit for public knowledge. I'll spare you the details, but perhaps let your imagination run wild.

So, you'd use banana plugs in the rear?

Mar 15, 2018 at 12:18 AM Post #34 of 155
Oh... hello. Are you reading this? Well then, please send me a Pro iCAN. Just that simple. I sure would like it. And I would do something with it that no one has ever thought of doing...
I'd listen to music with it. Interesting concept, no?
Or... if you're so inclined... how about a micro – iDSD BL. That would work too!! And... I'd do the exact same thing with it. Honest.
I'll be waiting for your answer. :)

Mar 15, 2018 at 12:22 AM Post #35 of 155
To be frank, I don't have unethically demanding headphones, headphones which should have an AC power input for them, that's how hard to drive some of them..

Thankfully I don't have any of those, so I would love to have a nano or micro iDSD black label for my reviews and more than that.. for satisfaction or say assurance of getting the best out of headphones and earphones.. isn't that what all of us are looking for?

Enjoy!!

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2018 at 1:27 AM Post #36 of 155
Another great idea/giveaway from iFi (I'm guessing Skin had some input too?). Nice way to show just how different iFi Audio is from other companies.

Anyway, I still own a handful of iFi stuff but never got to try the original Micro iUSB.

Having recently lost my home (don't worry, I'm staying with relatives for now), my desktop audio PC and most of my gear (what's left anyway) are stored away. So, besides DAPs, I'm currently using a noisy laptop for audio and could really use a cleaner USB signal for my portable DAC.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2018 at 1:37 AM Post #37 of 155
micro idsd black label for the following reasons:
- I'm a fan of DAC/Amps
- I'm a fan of Burr-Brown DAC family
- I need one more device for home to drive ER4S and S-EM6 V2
- to see if it can compete with my lovely Vantam CML + O2 combination
- strong association with johnnie walker black label - just a serious stuff)
- anyway will purchase it sooner or later

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2018 at 2:47 AM Post #39 of 155
If you are talking about donating gear, you guys aught to convert it to cash - eBay has the framework to straight up facilitate it. The potential for positive change is immense. Subjectively, I would lean toward the American cancer society or Ronald Mcdonald house. Objectively, split funds equally amongst a set of charites selected by your employees.

What retro iFi stuff would I like from a grab bag? Something that can help make Aeon Flow or HD650s melt my soul and put a knot in my throat. I'm not picky.

Mar 15, 2018 at 2:58 AM Post #40 of 155
Hi - for me, I'd like to get my hands on a mic micro iDSD. I am a hobbyist reviewer and get most of my Audio gear delivered to my office, so now have half of my co-workers hooked on trying all the great headphones and IEMs I get. I don't always have a "full" setup with me to do them justice, so it would be awesome to have something like the iDSD micro to sit on my desk so I could introduce all my colleagues to the sound of a really good portable amp/DAC. Plus, my job is very dry, so a good work setup would certainly make the hours pass a bit quicker! I'd also use it at home for reviews and just listening the hell out of my music collection.

For charities, I'm active raising money for CLIC Sargent through a charity rugby team called The Godfathers, who are a UK charity who help the families of children diagnosed with cancer (hospice care, hospital accommodation while the children are going through chemo, counseling support etc) - they are a great bunch of people, and pretty creative with donations, so sure they could make great use of some high end audio gear to either raffle or install in one of their facilities.

The other charity I think could benefit is the Novia Foundation, based in Bath. They are a foundation set up by my employer, and choose different local causes every three months to help with charitable donations.

Mar 15, 2018 at 3:12 AM Post #41 of 155
I have everything "micro" that I need (though I tempted every so often to upgrade my iTube 1 to a 2) so I'd like to try something "nano". I've been toying with the idea of getting an iOne to connect up my phone. Since I sit right next to my system, a "classic" iOne with the reduced range would go perfectly with my set-up :).

Mar 15, 2018 at 4:24 AM Post #42 of 155
I think future of hifi audio is wireless. Therefore iFi should work on more WiFi/Bluetooth devices. First start with portable bluetooth amp/dac with LDAC/Aptx HD.

Also dac amp with pcm1704 dac chips or other multi-bit dac-chip with Bluetooth module would be great

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #43 of 155
I would love to see ifi creating a solution DAP. I just love how ifi micro BL sounds but the portability is not possible for me.

Or decent Bluetooth DAC/AMP is nice.

Mar 15, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #45 of 155
Folks, it seems that some things still remain unclear, hence let us repeat ourselves: we aren't giving away products currently available. This means no BLs, Pro devices, Retro etc. In short, if you see a product at our site, it's not a part of this giveaway.

Our vintage machines (products no longer in production) look for new home. Think 1st gen iTube, USB cables etc., the OLD (but sealed and all shiny) stuff.

Is all clear now :slight_smile: ?

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/iFiAudio/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back