If you were to make a torture tape...
Oct 20, 2002 at 4:07 AM Post #61 of 79
I have one that NOONE will disagree with. a never ending loop of Barbie girl - aqua ( i think )
Who let the dogs out - baha men
and that i get knocked down but i get up again song.

.... BEAT THAT

Oct 20, 2002 at 7:19 PM Post #62 of 79
Quote:

Originally posted by BoardC3
I have one that NOONE will disagree with. a never ending loop of Barbie girl - aqua ...

I like Aqua.
frown.gif

OTOH, a never-ending loop of anything qualifies as torture to me. Except maybe the Koyaanisqatsi soundtrack.

Oct 20, 2002 at 9:58 PM Post #63 of 79
http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...threadid=18152

Welcome back my friends to the Thread that never ends
Ladies and Gentlemen - The LEGAL CRAPPING Show...

Enjoy free crapping on each others musical preferences. Laxatives unrestrictedly available on demand...
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 21, 2002 at 3:44 AM Post #65 of 79
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
I like Aqua.
frown.gif

OTOH, a never-ending loop of anything qualifies as torture to me. Except maybe the Koyaanisqatsi soundtrack.

... duh duh duh DUH duh duh DUH duh duh DUH duh duh DUH duh duh DUH duh duh DUH duh duh DUH duh duh...

Sound familiar? They're some good things on the soundtrack, but when I watched the dvd I damn near had an epileptic fit. Got a headache for sure.

KOOOOYYYYAAAAAANNNNNNIIIIIISSSQAAAAATTTSIIIIIII!

Oct 21, 2002 at 10:14 AM Post #66 of 79
Quote:

Originally posted by archosman
... duh duh duh DUH duh duh DUH duh duh DUH duh duh DUH duh duh DUH duh duh DUH duh duh DUH duh duh...

Sound familiar? They're some good things on the soundtrack, but when I watched the dvd I damn near had an epileptic fit. Got a headache for sure.

KOOOOYYYYAAAAAANNNNNNIIIIIISSSQAAAAATTTSIIIIIII!

How dare you infer that Phillip Glass is anything other than riveting. My god, the man even modulates once every twenty-five minutes. Personally, there's nothing I find more invigorating than listening to Alberti bass figurations on first inversion triads for several hours at a time. Now that's entertainment.

Oct 21, 2002 at 1:20 PM Post #67 of 79
How about jazz/swing versions of songs from the muscial "Oliver!" - I was in a shop in Montpelier, VT this weekend and I joke not, that's what they were playing. I had to leave.

Who will buy/this won-der-ful/morning! BLAH!

Oct 21, 2002 at 6:35 PM Post #69 of 79
Oh, come on guys. Get serious. While some of....well, ok...MOST of this stuff ranks above average on the annoying scale, name some stuff that would drive almost anybody you know (masochist's included) from the room if played for more than a minute. I may need to MP3 old Burl Ives just to give you a taste of what your missing
very_evil_smiley.gif

(Moderator: please don't kick me off the board
frown.gif
I didn't mean that last comment as a threat, honest! )

Oct 22, 2002 at 5:47 AM Post #70 of 79
Quote:

Originally posted by archosman
They're some good things on the soundtrack, but when I watched the dvd I damn near had an epileptic fit. Got a headache for sure.

What scrypt said. I don't like everything he's done, but Koyaanisqatsi and Glassworks (and Einstein on the Beach) just do it for me. He was never better. I have listened to all of those -- individually -- on infinite repeat.

Don't get me wrong, I do understand it's anti-appeal (repel?), I'm just saying it's not universal. Nothing is universal (and I stay away from generalizations). There's someone out there that likes the Titanic song. There's someone out there that likes Mambo #5. There's someone out there that likes the Macarena.

Oct 22, 2002 at 4:28 PM Post #71 of 79
Ok, so if its torture by Philip Glass, how about Songs from Liquid Days ? Its sort of Dr. Demento meets Glass (actually it was Suzanne Vega and David Byrne meet Glass)

Here's my personal favorite from that album:

FREEZING
Lyrics by Suzanne Vega

If you had no name
If you had no history
If you have no books
If you had no family

(LOOOOOOOOONG musical interlude)

If it were only you
Naked on the grass
Who would you be then?
This is what he asked
And I said I wasn't really sure
But I would probably be
(pause)
Cold

(LOOOOOONG musical interlude)

And now I'm freezing
Freezing

Oct 23, 2002 at 1:46 AM Post #72 of 79
Easy one...
Anything by Kenny G

Oct 23, 2002 at 4:26 AM Post #74 of 79
as previously mentioned, anything by kenny g and celine dion.

america - a horse with no name
good song, but if u listen to it over, and over, and, over, and over again, the 'la la la's' get really frickin annoying.

that tiny bubbles song.
eminem - my name is

Oct 24, 2002 at 5:04 AM Post #75 of 79
I forgot about this thread, but have to add some more:

Anything popular in Mexico - esp. "Follow the Leader". I heard that song like 500 fricking times in one week while on vacation and I almost swore off music

Zamfir - Master of the Pan Flute

Anything by Slim Whitman - the King of Yodeling

Someone mentioned the Sound of Music before, but I have a different song, "Edelweiss" - truly vomit inducing. Its too bad you can't have a videotape of Christopher Plummer singing it, esp. when he is about ready to cry, the big wuss, "Edelweis..., sniff sniff, <voice cracking> Edelweiss"

"I Will Always Love You" by Whiney Houston, or should I say:
"Andddddd IIIIIIIIIII Will Always Love Youooooohhohoohhhhhhhoohoohooooooohoohohoohohohoho ho"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back