If you were to make a torture tape...
May 4, 2002 at 10:05 PM Post #32 of 79
My vote goes to add... TLC - Don't Go Chasing Watefalls to the list. However, my vote most definetly does B]not[/B] go to Pachbell's Canon, Ravel's Bolero, or anything Dave Matthews barring the Everyday album
tongue.gif

May 5, 2002 at 12:43 AM Post #33 of 79
Jon: You agree that post-grunge whiny rockers would be better off non-existent, yet list Radiohead in your music preferences as an enjoyed rock band.
confused.gif

tongue.gif

May 5, 2002 at 3:37 AM Post #34 of 79
"Torture Tape"?????? Did we determine whether or not you are a psychopath before we make RECOMENDATIONS?????????????

Nevertheless, all that ciomes to mind is "Stuck In The Middle" by whomever from Pulp Fiction.

I hope I have not contributed to a crime!
eek.gif

markl

May 5, 2002 at 4:08 AM Post #35 of 79
Aqua?
evil_smiley.gif

May 5, 2002 at 4:36 AM Post #36 of 79
Quote:

"Torture Tape"?????? Did we determine whether or not you are a psychopath before we make RECOMENDATIONS?????????????

Nevertheless, all that comes to mind is "Stuck In The Middle" by whomever from Pulp Fiction.

I hope I have not contributed to a crime!

*demonic laughter*
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 5, 2002 at 5:22 AM Post #37 of 79
Quote:

Originally posted by Vertigo-1
Aqua?
evil_smiley.gif

(Sticks tongue out at Vertigo-1.)

May 5, 2002 at 5:31 AM Post #38 of 79
Well Dusty, I didn't say it was torture for me. But I can imagine the Aquarius album would be quite painful for some of these other folks to listen to.
tongue.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 5, 2002 at 8:11 PM Post #39 of 79
I must fully agree with morphsci about yoko oh-no!!!!
I must take exception to Nick Dangerous about some of those on his list. Specifically Godsmack, Guns N Roses, Ratt and Poison.

The torture tape would have to include achy breaky heart maybe sung by yoko and eminem. Then you need some Whiney Houston to slow things down a bit.

I like most of the songs that 2 channel mentioned, and I never heard of the stuff Audio Redneck brought up.

May 6, 2002 at 3:55 PM Post #40 of 79
Quote:

Originally posted by Mr.PD
....and I never heard of the stuff Audio Redneck brought up.

evil_smiley.gif
Heh heh, you've never known torture until you heard the Annoying Music Show! It's so bad, its only 5 minutes a week!

Actually, I think a lot of what's been listed would be better listed as "Guilty Displeasures: Popular music you just flat-out have no use for."

As far as Acky-Breaky sung by Billy-Joe-Jim-Bob-Cyrus: that song almost caused a civil war in Country music. I thought he was going to start a fight with Travis Tritt (who can't stand the song or Cyrus) the night it won a Country Music award.

Some other music capable of making you kick in your speakers if heard more than once:

Bob Dylan's I'll be your baby tonight sung by Burl Ives
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 9, 2002 at 6:24 PM Post #42 of 79
"breakfast at tiffany's" (that frickin' pop tune)
"Cheeseburger in Paradise" ( I NEVER EVER need to hear that song again)
"So long, far well, auf wiedersehen, goodbye" (the song the Von Trapp Family Singers perform in the Sound of Music)

Schiss

May 9, 2002 at 8:27 PM Post #43 of 79
"My Heart will Go on" or whatever the screw it was called from Titanic sung by Celine Dion, if I hear that song one more time I'm going throw up!
biggrin.gif
mad.gif
rolleyes.gif

May 9, 2002 at 10:40 PM Post #44 of 79
Quote:

Originally posted by davidcotton
"My Heart will Go on" or whatever the screw it was called from Titanic sung by Celine Dion, if I hear that song one more time I'm going throw up!
biggrin.gif
mad.gif
rolleyes.gif

Just reading her name is enough to make me want to lose my dinner.

schiss, what's wrong with Cheeseburgers. Not a Parrot Head. You're missing some fun music.

May 10, 2002 at 2:59 PM Post #45 of 79
Gaineso,

I'm not a parrothead, but I'm OK with Jimmy and his music. My problem with Cheesburger is this...

My wife and I took a weeklong sailing trip on a huge schooner with about 100 other passengers. It was an absolute blast, and I recommend seeing the Virgin Islands this way. But the bartenders on board has that song in such heavy rotation I nearly jumped overboard! So, you see, I NEVER EVER NEED TO HEAR THAT SONG AGAIN! Not that it ruined my trip in any way, but I joked with the bartenders about it.

Schiss

Users who are viewing this thread

Back