If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Feb 1, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #917 of 19,246
Quote:
Would you guys say the ER-4P is more forgiving of poor sources than the ER-4S?

If there is any audible difference in how forgiving they are - then I am guessing the ER-4P is more forgiving. But if forgiveness of poor sources is what you are looking for you should choose another IEM or the ER-4 will never satisfy you. 

Feb 1, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #919 of 19,246
Quote:
Most of my songs are from itunes, do you think the ER-4P will be too unforgiving?

Are they the iTunes Plus/Match 256 or are they lower quality?  I hear a big difference with anything lower than 256 and in all honestly, I ended up putting my iTunes library aside and switching to AIFF & ALAC  and reripping my tracks because of the difference brought out by my ER4s.  

Feb 1, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #920 of 19,246
Quote:
Are they the iTunes Plus/Match 256 or are they lower quality?  I hear a big difference with anything lower than 256 and in all honestly, I ended up putting my iTunes library aside and switching to AIFF & ALAC  and reripping my tracks because of the difference brought out by my ER4s.  

I'm pretty sure they're 256 AAC.

edit: btw, is the ER-4PT the same thing as the ER-4P?

Feb 1, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #921 of 19,246
Quote:

edit: btw, is the ER-4PT the same thing as the ER-4P?

Same thing sound-wise, but I think the PT one comes with additional airplane adaptor and whatnots. The "T" is for "Travel" afterall.

ER-4P/PT should be fine with 256 AAC by the way, I demo'd ER-4PT randomly a couple days ago while waiting for my train to come and they sounded fine out of my iPhone even with 256 AAC, unless it's badly recorded/mastered.

Feb 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #922 of 19,246
Quote:
Same thing sound-wise, but I think the PT one comes with additional airplane adaptor and whatnots. The "T" is for "Travel" afterall.

ER-4P/PT should be fine with 256 AAC by the way, I demo'd ER-4PT randomly a couple days ago while waiting for my train to come and they sounded fine out of my iPhone even with 256 AAC.

Yeah I have the 4PT that I then use the S adapter with.  Its just a stupid little airline adapter (that many airlines have ditched btw) that makes it a T.  On my iPod i use AIFF but on my iPhone I use 256 AAC to save space and the P sounds just fine there. 

Feb 2, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #923 of 19,246
er4pt they give you an amazingly useless paper with the freq response graph of your drivers. i was really happy to get it as you might always need a piece of paper to make your fire.

Feb 5, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #926 of 19,246
Just bought a pair of used ER4PT at less than half the price. I couldn't be more thankful that I got such a great deal. I was surprised to see a guy selling it at the price and after almost a week, it was still up for sale. I took the plunge and now I have to settle with instant noodles for about 3 weeks but I don't care.

Feb 5, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #927 of 19,246
Quote:
Just bought a pair of used ER4PT at less than half the price. I couldn't be more thankful that I got such a great deal. I was surprised to see a guy selling it at the price and after almost a week, it was still up for sale. I took the plunge and now I have to settle with instant noodles for about 3 weeks but I don't care.

congrats :)

Feb 5, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #928 of 19,246
Quote:

I'd say it was a worthy sacrifice for your stomach.  Less than half the price sounds awesome!!

Feb 5, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #929 of 19,246
We have rumble!!! With the red filters on the ER4S there is definite rumble on Daft Punk's album Alive, and some old Metallica during multiple kick drum sections. Really loving the slight bass increase, especially since I don't perceive much/any loss of treble.  

Feb 6, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #930 of 19,246
Quote:

Quote:
I'd say it was a worthy sacrifice for your stomach.  Less than half the price sounds awesome!!

I think it's worth it too. it's been about 24 hours now and when I woke up just now and see my Ety next to me, it's like seeing Lacey Banghard lying next to me 
biggrin.gif
 these phones are really good. I heard that RE0 and ER4P don't differ that much but I know now that they have differences that matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back