1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...

First

Back
938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947
949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958
Next

Last
  1. manueljenkin
    I have tried it at two different places out of atleast 5 different sources. I did that because first time I thought the unit might have had consistency issues or I might have been listening to pairing issues. The next time I realised that the iem was doing something extemely wrong with regards to midrange ba. Yea it's tone is okay. But it's texture, detail are all wack. Arises from some tubeless implementation as they call it.

I went around checked my ears, tried other stuff just to be sure it wasnt my ears. It was "that" much noticable. TBH I prefer a Xiaomi piston 2 over Andromeda.

2. TheoS53
  3. HeadphoneFrozoneCalzone
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  4. ClieOS Contributor
    If by 'work' you mean whether Knowles damper will fit inside the nozzle of ER4SR/XR, ER3SE/XR, and ER2SE/XR, then the answer is yes. On the other hand, how different damper will alter the sound is a different story.

5. manueljenkin
    I'm unable to find er4b in my country. Anyone has tried shure se425? Those are available in India. I own the srh1540 nd I love it to death. Shure regards the se425 as their live sound monitor and pushes it above even their se846 for compatibility with live music.

846 is more like their experimental product afaik to do one particular thing extremely well.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  6. HeadphoneFrozoneCalzone
    Yeah I saw a review on clarity Fidelity or something that showed how each filter color changes the sound.

7. ClieOS Contributor
    DSC_0193.jpg

guicnovaes, Colors, episiarch and 2 others like this.
  8. HeadphoneFrozoneCalzone
    are you using the er4xr cable on the er2xr?

also im new to the iem game so im wondering how the er2xr maintains the same level of noise reduction as the er4xr/er3xr while using a dynamic driver. I thought balanced armatures isolate more/dynamic isolate less going by how they operate?

9. ClieOS Contributor
    It is not an ER4SR/XR cable. The upper part is originally a short (around 50~60cm) FiiO MMCX cable, modified with Etymotic MMCX connector. The lower extension cable is built by me, to extend the cable length to around 120cm. The cable is made this way so the upper part can be used for Bluetooth adapter (FiiO BTR3, EarStudio ES100, Shanling UP2, etc) when shorter length is preferred. The extended length on the other hand can be used with DAP or smartphone where longer length is preferred.

Isolation is more about the eartips and the shape of the housing, as well as venting. Since ER2 doesn't really vent and has the same shape and eartips as ER4, isolation is about the same.

10. HeadphoneFrozoneCalzone
    I was looking into the short FiiO MMCX cable to use with my es100. did you modify the cable with the etyomotic MMCX connectors yourself or did you buy it somewhere? if so I'd greatly appreciate where you found it. Thats pretty neat making your own cables. I'd definitely attempt to make my own one day once I learn more about this complex electrical wiring stuff.

11. ClieOS Contributor
    Mod'ed it myself.

Colors and G_T_J like this.
  12. bachankas
    Do you know some MMCX cables with 90 degree plug? I think that with such cable Etys should be able to wear OTE.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  13. ClieOS Contributor
    Been there, done that.

guicnovaes and bachankas like this.
  14. florence
    Erased.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  15. ClieOS Contributor
    DSC_0194.jpg

HAMS, guicnovaes, episiarch and 3 others like this.
First

Back
938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947
949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958
Next

Last