If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Jul 1, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #6,211 of 19,253
So, my left ear, the ear that I can successfully find the correct place to put it, causing lines to appear on and slightly deforming the tip. Is this normal?

Your tips are too big. Try something smaller in diameter. I recommend these.

I second those. But has anybody found a tip larger than the Etymotic triple flange small size but smaller than the etymotic triple flange large size?

Jul 2, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #6,213 of 19,253
That's the exact size I need. I have tried everything asd keep switching every day nothing works in terms of comfort

I second those. But has anybody found a tip larger than the Etymotic triple flange small size but smaller than the etymotic triple flange large size?

Have you tried Meelectronics large triple flange tips? They can be bigger than the Etymotic large triple flanges but you don't need to push it too far like Ety tips. 
wink.gif

Jul 2, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #6,214 of 19,253
So, today, I just randomly found the sweet spot on my right ear. Why is everyone suggesting alternative tips, btw? I was just struggling a little bit, and it fit my left, so why wouldn't I be able to eventually find my right?
Btw, these sound great now. Just great.

Jul 2, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #6,215 of 19,253
So, today, I just randomly found the sweet spot on my right ear. Why is everyone suggesting alternative tips, btw? I was just struggling a little bit, and it fit my left, so why wouldn't I be able to eventually find my right?

Because we all have different shaped ear-canals. My right ear is bigger than my left; M size fits left and L size fits my right ear. 

Jul 2, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #6,216 of 19,253

Because we all have different shaped ear-canals. My right ear is bigger than my left; M size fits left and L size fits my right ear. 

Ahh. Still, I wouldn't immediately suggest buying tips if it's a problem that may be solved without them.

Jul 2, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #6,217 of 19,253
Ahh. Still, I wouldn't immediately suggest buying tips if it's a problem that may be solved without them.

Because tips can do much on comfort and sound. Believe me 
wink.gif
 I thought the included tips didn't fit your ears so that's why I suggested changing to different size or different tips.

Jul 2, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #6,218 of 19,253

Because tips can do much on comfort and sound. Believe me :wink:  I thought the included tips didn't fit your ears so that's why I suggested changing to different size or different tips.

Okay. I was just a bit confused as to why that was your first suggestion.

Jul 2, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #6,219 of 19,253
Is there another IEM that even comes close to the Ety in terms of isolation?
We pay huge amounts for our gear to have the best signal to noise ratio and yet many use IEMs that destroy this.
CIEMs can give isolation equal to the Etys, but is there another universal that does the job?

Jul 2, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #6,222 of 19,253
I have tried others, but nope. I have not seen any. The isolation requires some effort on our part, but between the isolation and the still-world-best sound, you can't get any better, IMO. You raise the point that I addressed a while ago when I bought mine: without the isolation, everything else sounds much worse. Everything else needs to be in a more quiet place to realize their great sound, but then I have my Sennheiser cans for that. All the other places I listen to music, the Etys are the bomb.

Jul 2, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #6,223 of 19,253

Because your description of the tips having a line on them made it sound as though a crease was forming due to being compacted too tightly in your ear. I had the same problem with my large Ety tips which prompted me to get smaller tips. Comfort and seal have both increased.

Jul 3, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #6,224 of 19,253
Is there another IEM that even comes close to the Ety in terms of isolation?
We pay huge amounts for our gear to have the best signal to noise ratio and yet many use IEMs that destroy this.
CIEMs can give isolation equal to the Etys, but is there another universal that does the job?

DBA-02 mkii with Ety tri-flange does it for me.

Jul 3, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #6,225 of 19,253
depending on the tips, I find that most shure and westone products have a very ok isolation. but I don't know if there are any products that can give the isolation of the er4+triflange in non custom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back